INFJ males who are you attracted too? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ males who are you attracted too?

Yuppers! It was a bit too strong at first, but I eventually settled into it like too hot bathwater. Wasn't easy, and it still isn't, but its worth it...

So what you're saying, bored now, is that I should consider a mail-order bride?

So what you're saying, bored now, is that I should consider a mail-order bride?

Perfect! Make sure she doesn't speak the same language as you do though....they get all uppity when they can communicate and stuff. I find verbal communication to be a highly overrated experience and in some cases even detrimental to romantic bliss.

I might be kidding.....

I cannot say with any certainty what type I am attracted to, but I dated an ESTP for 8 years and it was NOT good. We had consistent issues with her not being able to understand me and me understanding her perfectly. Which essentially lead to her being happy since I like to please people and me being dissatisfied and unhappy which ultimately doomed the relationship. I know now that I would never date someone who isnt at LEAST an NF ever again because I cant be with someone who doesnt understand my depths, I feel too alone otherwise, and feeling alone while being in a relationship is a seriously bad indicator of something wrong.

Perfect! Make sure she doesn't speak the same language as you do though....they get all uppity when they can communicate and stuff. I find verbal communication to be a highly overrated experience and in some cases even detrimental to romantic bliss.

I might be kidding.....

I thought the point was that they wont have the same kinds of expectations that western women have for men, so they can communicate without being uppity?

(I'm not entirely serious. I am not really considering this.)

Which essentially lead to her being happy since I like to please people and me being dissatisfied and unhappy which ultimately doomed the relationship. I know now that I would never date someone who isnt at LEAST an NF ever again because I cant be with someone who doesnt understand my depths, I feel too alone otherwise, and feeling alone while being in a relationship is a seriously bad indicator of something wrong.

You don't date type, you date people ;)

That last part suggests that you knew quite well in advance that things are not going right - why did you press it on for 8 years then? It's obvious that your visions of a good relationship were quite different: you wanted to be helpful for her and to be understood while she wanted something else. The only failure was that you were not able to communicate it to each other thoroughly.

I would have to say that I was attracted to an ESTP but that was before I found out about MBTI and realised that they only cared about themselves (well this ESTP at least). It dawned on me that I needed to see more Ns and that the supposed best match ENTP was someone I should be aiming for lol. I know several male ENTPs, pity I don't know any ENTP women and what a shame there doesnt seem to be many on this forum :p. In fact it is really difficult to find an NT woman. Really difficult, plus I'm shy and don't push myself forward.

In saying all that I've come to realise that I'm attracted to a woman who I find attractive (something I can't define, because I'm yet to find her yet), and who is interesting to talk with. I think I need an ENTP to balance my introversion, intense feeling and structure.

the supposed best match ENTP was someone I should be aiming for lol.

I'm shy and don't push myself forward.

Oh, don't worry. an ENTP will find you. They have a nasty little habit of finding us, haha.

You will be lucky to find 3.

I know someone with three! And a half even... And a guy with that. A creative, emotional (very), liberal guy, unfortunately his emotions get in the way of his intellect.

I would have recommended him if he was a girl... Then again he might be slightly bisexual :p

Then move about lover! I once traveled thousands of miles for love and never looked back, The world's a big place. *smooch* Don't mind me... I'm feeling romantic today.
The last time I did that she turned out to be a bi-polar nut-case.

So at least in my case, the cynicism is well justified. It's gotten to the point where the whole "process" has just gotten tiresome, to the point where I really can't be arsed investing all that emotional energy into it. The rewards never end up being worth the risk, and you know how guarded us INFJs can be when it comes to feelings.

I know someone with three! And a half even... And a guy with that. A creative, emotional (very), liberal guy, unfortunately his emotions get in the way of his intellect.
Sounds exactly like me. If you find any ladies like that, feel free to shove them forcibly in my general direction.

I'm a straight INFJ male.

Here's my top ten with respect to relationships

INFJ = head over heels in love, a true soulmate if ever there was one
ENFJ = they are my kryptonite, hands down no exceptions, but it always seems to end with them angry and unforgiving, despite my best intentions
INFP = more sparks and passion than any other, but a severe lack of being able to make it work between us, too much overreacting
INTJ = a best friend and partner in crime, great chemistry, but no spiritual connection, and I found their lack of girlish hygene a little disturbing
ISTP = Easy going and easy to be with, but too much of a pet and not enough of a partner
ENTP = almost dated quite a few, but they never lived up to their promises
INTP = no spiritual or physical connection, but great conversation, and temporary friendship.
ESTP = what the hell just happened? no really. they come and go with the same intensity.
ENTJ = never dated one, or am even sure that I know a female ENTJ personally
ENFP = never dated one because they all seem to decide they hate my guts within moments of meeting me, which is ironic because I tend to see them as free spirited and non-judgmental

gabrielle-anwar.jpg

Depends on the day...this would be Thursday.

Last edited:
You don't date type, you date people ;)

That last part suggests that you knew quite well in advance that things are not going right - why did you press it on for 8 years then? It's obvious that your visions of a good relationship were quite different: you wanted to be helpful for her and to be understood while she wanted something else. The only failure was that you were not able to communicate it to each other thoroughly.

Good question, I asked myself the same thing... I tried to break away from her a few times through the years but every time I did she clung hard, and I am not the type of person who can abandon someone who is in love with me if I am with them. So I swallowed that bitter pill and just stuck with it. She still insists to this day that she loves me greatly and that she never loved anyone like she did me, but that our differences were too great to overcome. I agree with her. Although for her part I never felt the love I felt I deserved from her. But that might just be her type she wasnt the mushy type, I am.

Perhaps cynicism is a tool common to most INFJ because of our disappointments with ourselves, others, the world, and finding love at large. Just a hypothesis mind you, but...

Perhaps cynicism is a tool common to most INFJ because of our disappointments with ourselves, others, the world, and finding love at large. Just a hypothesis mind you, but...
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

It's rather - if you want to be cynical then the world will give you enough justification for that. And if you want to be open hearted the same will also happen. It's a choice of free will and not type related.

Physically, big boobs, curvy and very female forms, a real woman.

The personality, intelligence, insight, wisdom, humor, and self esteem I suppose. I like it when girls think they are better than the rest, purely intellectually. And yeah, extraverted.

The physical aspect isn't that important as long as I find her attractive.

Last edited:
Curvy, assertive, sensitive, intelligent.

That said, let me run down a few types in general... :

INFJ : Just plain peaceful and comfortable.
INFP : Interesting, but not offending them is impossible.
ENFJ : Warm and fuzzy, seems to end badly.
ENFP : Intoxicating and scary.
INTJ : Constant one-upmanship, but good friends.
INTP : Friendly, but generally too distant for me.
ENTx : Just don't quite click for some reason.
any Sensors : Too much miscommunication for me.

ENFP = never dated one because they all seem to decide they hate my guts within moments of meeting me, which is ironic because I tend to see them as free spirited and non-judgmental

ENFP's tend to love me (as friends). However, they are the most judgemental, claiming "free spirited" out of them all. It's actually quite funny.