INFJ + INFJ = ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ + INFJ = ?

I find that in general, i am able to better get along with any N type personality over any S type. Does anyone else feel the same?

I find that in general, i am able to better get along with any N type personality over any S type. Does anyone else feel the same?
I get along better with N types as well, but it's nice to have S's in your life. They add spice,balance, and in my case, coordination to make up for my lack thereof.

I know a few INFJs but they aren't close friends of mine - I think we mostly feel one another out, but I wouldn't mind knowing them more. The opportunity just isn't there for us. My best friend is an NF type and we clash sometimes. But I love her to pieces. Mostly, I'll get along with anyone. There are only a few that I don't get along with or wouldn't want to be with.

One of my bestest friends growing up was an INTJ. It was kind of a one sided relationship on his part though, because many INTJ's I know of don't easily make friends and he was a bit hard to "read". It always felt like a struggle being around him and doing new things - it usually made me the life of the party and that, I'm most definitely not.

INFJ's would seem OK, but I think of myself and I wouldn't be open to taking advice from myself if I was in a bad mood and my other self would be angry that I was ignoring his advice... so if I'd piss even myself off, I'm sure any serious friendship would be strained.

The few INFJs I've met IRL I've never clicked with (though I am an INFP so in this case it'd be INFJ + INFP with a strong J).

I find the most stable, rewarding friendships I've ever had were with NTs. INTJs are my favorite. Weirdly I find myself being romantically drawn nearly always to ESFJs, though it never works out.

Last edited:
Reactions: IndigoSensor
I'll post this from another similar thread I posted in:

I imagine it could work as long as there's good communication and the both of you recognize your strengths and weaknesses in each other's similar personality types.

I feel like MBTI isn't an absolute scale anyways. INFJ's will just have similar thought processes and similar values with other INFJ's but they can differ greatly in terms of social competance, comfort levels, spontenaity, specific skills (like drawing), interests, etc.

At least so I imagine. I'm befriending an INFJ online and he comes off as a bit more silly/extroverted/slaphappy than a previous INFJ I knew (who was serious 99% of the time) and myself (who kinda falls in a middle ground). Of course I know he'll be a bit different in person when we finally meet up to hang out.

My closest friend a few years ago was an INFJ. Another good friend of mine was an ENFJ.
It all boils down to character more than anything else.

Last edited:
My closest friend a few years ago was an INFJ. Another good friend of mine was an ENFJ.
It all boils down to character more than anything else.

So true. I know I've mentioned this loads allready, but my ex had a lot of common ground with me and there was so much that I looked up to in him.

In the end though he had an abolutely childish character.

Made me realize that interests and what each other has done means almost nothing when their character isn't up to snuff

Sorry for the bump but just thought I'd throw in some two cents!

Invited an INFJ friend over yesterday afternoon that I met online and had been talking with for about a month now and hadn't met in person yet.

Was really nervous because so far I've always had bad experiences meeting someone from the internet and them turning out to be extremely unapproachable or shy, or having things being really forced. Those two things tend to make me feel really uncomfortable and "spotlighted". I decided to abandon my previous fear and expectations and not take it too seriously (after all we were just driving up to some friend's university club meeting for a game night), and then just drive him home afterwards.

Despite him only having 2-3 hours of sleep and me saying it's cool for him to sleep during the 40min-long car ride, we ended up talking the ENTIRE time and I didn't feel really awkward or uncomfortable at all, and he was really approachable. Which is kinda a big deal since both of us are supposidly shy people.

We got to the game night and he had a great time around my friends (we played munchkin and he managed to win legitimately in the most awesome way ever), we all had a gang dinner at steak and shake after, then I decided to drive to my place to introduce him to my older sis roomate while being totally comfortable around him.

He actually ended up staying the night despite me not planning on it, and I made him waffles this morning :3

Drove him home while we both sung to old 90's tunes in the car part of the time and the other part we enjoyed a non-awkward tired morning silence as he read some game manuals.

Considering I've had bad luck with meeting 1-on-1 with people lately, this was awesome. He's cute too :3

Still gonna play things by ear though, inflated infatuation is baaaaad lol

Sorry for the bump but just thought I'd throw in some two cents!

Invited an INFJ friend over yesterday afternoon that I met online and had been talking with for about a month now and hadn't met in person yet.

Was really nervous because so far I've always had bad experiences meeting someone from the internet and them turning out to be extremely unapproachable or shy, or having things being really forced. Those two things tend to make me feel really uncomfortable and "spotlighted". I decided to abandon my previous fear and expectations and not take it too seriously (after all we were just driving up to some friend's university club meeting for a game night), and then just drive him home afterwards.

Despite him only having 2-3 hours of sleep and me saying it's cool for him to sleep during the 40min-long car ride, we ended up talking the ENTIRE time and I didn't feel really awkward or uncomfortable at all, and he was really approachable. Which is kinda a big deal since both of us are supposidly shy people.

We got to the game night and he had a great time around my friends (we played munchkin and he managed to win legitimately in the most awesome way ever), we all had a gang dinner at steak and shake after, then I decided to drive to my place to introduce him to my older sis roomate while being totally comfortable around him.

He actually ended up staying the night despite me not planning on it, and I made him waffles this morning :3

Drove him home while we both sung to old 90's tunes in the car part of the time and the other part we enjoyed a non-awkward tired morning silence as he read some game manuals.

Considering I've had bad luck with meeting 1-on-1 with people lately, this was awesome. He's cute too :3

Still gonna play things by ear though, inflated infatuation is baaaaad lol

The INFJs I've gotten to know. I've had a similar feeling with. Things just fall into place. I imagine this would also be true for ENFJs.

Why didn't the INFJ's you know work out? Or did you mean they were just friends and you just happen to still be friends.

The three people I am currently closest too in my life are all INFJ's. I feel so much more open around them, I can talk more, and not be afraid. We counsel each other to talk more, and that makes our relationships so much more healthy I think. They are all also incredibly deep people. With the exception of my sister, I haven't really been close to anyone except INFJs.

The few INFJs I've met IRL I've never clicked with (though I am an INFP so in this case it'd be INFJ + INFP with a strong J).

I find the most stable, rewarding friendships I've ever had were with NTs. INTJs are my favorite. Weirdly I find myself being romantically drawn nearly always to ESFJs, though it never works out.

ESFJs are a fun bunch arn't they HAHAH I was drawn to one too hahaha same thing. didnt work out so well.

The three people I am currently closest too in my life are all INFJ's. I feel so much more open around them, I can talk more, and not be afraid. We counsel each other to talk more, and that makes our relationships so much more healthy I think. They are all also incredibly deep people. With the exception of my sister, I haven't really been close to anyone except INFJs.

Yummmy threesome is yummy?

Why didn't the INFJ's you know work out? Or did you mean they were just friends and you just happen to still be friends.

If you meant me. I mean that I just became instantly close with other INFJs like we could have been friends for life,even if we had just met.

Ahh sorry makes sense. For whatever reason I read your post as you no longer involving yourself with the INFJ friends :p

My mom is an INFJ and we don't always get along. Sometimes she is really nosy and psychologically intrusive, which makes me really uncomfortable. I've told her this numerous times. After I've made it clear that a certain topic is off limits, she will keep bringing it up. Also she repeats herself a lot. Haven't had these problems with other INFJs though...I think it's just because she's my mom.

I used to work with an INFJ. The best thing about that was that we both shared the same sense of humor, and most people didn't get it. So finally I had someone to goof off with when I was bored.
How do all you guys know everyone in your life's type! I've just found out what I am and have no idea about anyone else in my life. Is it a happy coincidence that all these folk have taken the test, or do you strong arm everyone you know into doing it? Just a thought. I think all this is pretty awesome as a system, just no one else I know has a clue about it, as far as I know. Knowing about my type and INFJ's though does make me think back to some of the people in my life, with a level of recognition, and a retrospective knowing.