Schrödinger's Pussy
Donor
Sep 13, 2010
MBTI
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
How do you get along with other INFJs?

I love all you guys, despite only being here a short while. I also love this mini counter culture going on with different personality types. However, IRL, I really don't get along with INFJs AT ALL. My and [MENTION=2873]SouloftheLaurel[/MENTION] get along great, but we've had our fights. Idk, I know two INFJs (I am guess they are INFJs ) at school, and they fucking bug me.

On the flip side, who do you get along with the best?

Tbh, for me it's INTPs. I just understand them better than like, any other type.

So to recap:

INFJ + INFJ = NO WAY

INFJ + INTP = Yippee

I don't think INFJs can be friends when things go bad...

I get along well with most anyone if i choose to, but it feels much easier with ENFJs for me, and INTJs. I live with an ISTJ and while we butt heads on occasion we get along quite well.

I get along well with most anyone if i choose to, but it feels much easier with ENFJs for me, and INTJs. I live with an ISTJ and while we butt heads on occasion we get along quite well.

I find STs to be emotionally draining or infuriating.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I only know one INFJ in real life who has explained it already
I get along best with either ENFJs, INFPs, ISFPs, or ISTPs; sometimes INTPs

I find STs to be emotionally draining or infuriating.

They are certainly different, but if you can adapt to them and their ways they are rather quite refreshing and safe and reliable friends. I find more annoyance with SFs and FPs then anything.

I tend to get along with fellow INFJs just fine, in fact I prefer to be around them more than any other type. I feel more comfortable with them knowing they're similar to me which allows me to relax (social anxiety hurray!). I've been dating an INFJ (as many of you already know) for 6+ months now and things have been going great. As for other types, I get along with most people fine unless they give me a reason not to.

almost all my closest friends are INFJ, ENFJ, or INTJ, with an odd ball ENTP and ISTJ. I find the relationship works wonderfully.

One of my best friends is INFJ, I get along with her very well. My mom is also an INFJ whom I am extremely close to.

I can potentially get along with any type. I tend to get along and connect in the longterm more so with J's then P's from what I have noticed. Even then though, there are exceptions to the rules.

I get along well with all the NF types from my experience.

I think INTJs make the best friends so long as you see eye to eye.

INFPs also make good friends but they can require a lot of reassurance.

ENFPs are quite fun, though they can be demanding at times.

Most INFJ's I've met are female and come off as somewhat self absorbed when I try to connect to them, I need to talk to more male INFJs.

My mom is an INFJ and we don't always get along. Sometimes she is really nosy and psychologically intrusive, which makes me really uncomfortable. I've told her this numerous times. After I've made it clear that a certain topic is off limits, she will keep bringing it up. Also she repeats herself a lot. Haven't had these problems with other INFJs though...I think it's just because she's my mom.

I used to work with an INFJ. The best thing about that was that we both shared the same sense of humor, and most people didn't get it. So finally I had someone to goof off with when I was bored.

INTP's are beyond redemption.

Hrm, I think INFJ's need a more rational other half, two INFJ's would be just be a messy scene of misinterpretation, jealousy, cat fights and perhaps even Jelly.

Hrm, I think INFJ's need a more rational other half, two INFJ's would be just be a messy scene of misinterpretation, jealousy, cat fights and perhaps even Jelly.

You see a lot of cat fights here?

I get along well with all the NF types from my experience.

I think INTJs make the best friends so long as you see eye to eye.

INFPs also make good friends but they can require a lot of reassurance.

ENFPs are quite fun, though they can be demanding at times.

Most INFJ's I've met are female and come off as somewhat self absorbed when I try to connect to them, I need to talk to more male INFJs.

Thanks. Say more nice things about INTJ's...

My mom is an INFJ and we don't always get along. Sometimes she is really nosy and psychologically intrusive, which makes me really uncomfortable. I've told her this numerous times. After I've made it clear that a certain topic is off limits, she will keep bringing it up. Also she repeats herself a lot. Haven't had these problems with other INFJs though...I think it's just because she's my mom.

I used to work with an INFJ. The best thing about that was that we both shared the same sense of humor, and most people didn't get it. So finally I had someone to goof off with when I was bored.

^^ Those are my issues. Also, as wierd as this sounds, since INFJs are so good at looking at both sides, with me and other INFJs we both look at both sides, so then we both assume we are both correct. Even if we have differing opinions.

Mmmm. Don't forget the kiwi orgies.

Thanks. Say more nice things about INTJ's...

They have nice smiles.

Mmmm. Don't forget the kiwi orgies.

Hahah. I don't know about all of that. In any relationship there are good points and bad. It's up to the individuals to make it work, yada yada. And you are BOTH right in that there is definitely Jelly and Kiwi Orgies!!! Hahaha. :mhula:

I just think someone needs to be able to push the INFJ back gently with one hand and say 'You're overreacting'.

Also two INFJ's would spill each others desires through trust, whilst with an INT, there'd be a bit of mystery as both types are wary and curious about each other.

However, as Denise is far more experienced with love than I am, I must agree with her, love should be ignorant of type.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I just think someone needs to be able to push the INFJ back gently with one hand and say 'You're overreacting'.

Also two INFJ's would spill each others desires through trust, whilst with an INT, there'd be a bit of mystery as both types are wary and curious about each other.

However, as Denise is far more experienced with love than I am, I must agree with her, love should be ignorant of type.

That's so true. INFJs always overreact. However you best be careful when approaching us, or else the term 'Melkor' will not only refer to an Infj drunk ginger bastard, but a very painful way of castration.

Well now that you've mentioned such a painful thing I can't help but be curious...

I'm going to have to agree with Melkor. I have noticed that I "click" quicker with F types, but with exceptions, I am able to stay in healthy "relationships" with T types longer, especially STs. Most of my friends that I had for 6 years + are STs. Like Melkor stated, they add that balance. My study group for O Chem works very well because of this: INTJ, ISTP, INTP, INFJ. The Ts explain the finer details of anything I don't understand, while I in turn make them look at the problem in different ways to help them solve it more efficiently.