INFJ Freaks! | INFJ Forum

INFJ Freaks!

Chessie

Community Member
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INfJ
Being an Infj person is not a piece of cake. The world, at best, doesn't understand and at worst can be actively hostile to Infj's. We survive best on low stress and lots of affection although we can find it in ourselves if we have to.

I'm a transexual. I'm a nudist. I'm a furry. I'm in the BDSM subculture. I'm polyamorous. I'm a pansexual. I'd be called a political extremist in most parts of this country.

My home is clothing optional (politely rather than militantly) and I have two female to male transexual INFJs who're truly adorable as mates.

Is it any wonder we tend to slide to the fringe? We're unusual. We explore places in human experience that most people honestly don't want to. We have layers of understanding granted by intuition that border on the clairvoyent. We want to get into people's heads and find out what makes them tick.

Tell me your stories! Time to be proud.

Why are you freaks?

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit
Being an Infj person is not a piece of cake. The world, at best, doesn't understand at at worst can be actively hostile to Infj's. We survive best on low stress and lots of affection although we can find it in ourselves if we have to.

I'm a transexual. I'm a nudist. I'm a furry. I'm in the BDSM subculture. I'm polyamorous. I'm a pansexual. I'd be called a political extremist in most parts of this country.

My home is clothing optional (politely rather than militantly) and I have two female to male transexual INFJs who're truly adorable as mates.

Is it any wonder we tend to slide to the fringe? We're unusual. We explore places in human experience that most people honestly don't want to. We have layers of understanding granted by intuition that border on the clairvoyent. We want to get into people's heads and find out what makes them tick.

Tell me your stories! Time to be proud.

Why are you freaks?

I just want to say yay for another furry. *hugs*

But you hit on a very important point. Not all of us may have our freak on the outside so to speak. But every INFJ I know is at the very least mentally very different. And in many ways I've always been on the fringe or on the outside and I can never explain why fully. I just am. I also know as a man I'm very different. I have no need for most typical male things.

I guess we just get accustomed to be on the outside and when we stop fighting it we are better off as people.

Reactions: invisible
Whats a furry?

Yes I am a freak

I love nothing more that sitting down with someone and discussing life the universe and everything.

I look into my friends souls and they recoil.

I have to constantly restrain myself from explaining in detail why person x just behaved the way they did or feels the way they feel because I know it annoys people.

When people around me are talking negatively about someone I find it hard not to explain things from their perspective because it looks as though I share their opinion. How else could I know, right?

One minute I could be talking about the unfairness of modern society and the next I'm justifying the behaviour and the perspective of the people who screw with our society. I could speak out against racism and then give a perfectly plausible explanation for racists behaviour and opinions. It confuses people. They don't know how to take me.

"Which opinion is really his" they must think.

And when I try and explain how I see things from all these perspectives at once. They don't care. They rolls their eyes and go back to talking about their mortgages and what colour they're thinking of painting their living room.

YAWN!

I need some INFJ friends. ESXX and me don't mix

Whats a furry?

Yes I am a freak

I love nothing more that sitting down with someone and discussing life the universe and everything.

I look into my friends souls and they recoil.

I have to constantly restrain myself from explaining in detail why person x just behaved the way they did or feels the way they feel because I know it annoys people.

When people around me are talking negatively about someone I find it hard not to explain things from their perspective because it looks as though I share their opinion. How else could I know, right?

One minute I could be talking about the unfairness of modern society and the next I'm justifying the behaviour and the perspective of the people who screw with our society. I could speak out against racism and then give a perfectly plausible explanation for racists behaviour and opinions. It confuses people. They don't know how to take me.

And when I try and explain how I see things from all these perspectives at once. They don't care. They rolls their eyes and go back to talking about their mortgages and what colour they're thinking of painting their living room.

YAWN!

I need some INFJ friends. ESXX and me don't mix

Same here. I know what you mean all to well.

I can very much relate to this.

When I am in adamant disagreement with someone, I play devil's advocate against myself. I have learned that even if I can see a person's perspective, it doesn't necessarily make the person someone I can be around, which I don't really like. I prefer not to discriminate at all, but a lot of times it's just necessary for my own well-being.

In general, I think the universe is just too freakin' large for one viewpoint to be correct all the time.

Same here. I know what you mean all to well.

+1!!! Very spot on.
I don't know if it makes me a freak. I'm certainly not a freak on the outside anyway. Sometimes people tell me "Oh, you seemed so normal when I first met you".

+1!!! Very spot on.
I don't know if it makes me a freak. I'm certainly not a freak on the outside anyway. Sometimes people tell me "Oh, you seemed so normal when I first met you".

Famous last words. I don't get that lot but I get something similar. Or people just never get to know me.

Reactions: WellNoWonder
I think everyone has something that makes them a "freak" so to say.

For me, I think it's my intensity. I come off as really cheerful and playful when people first meet me, and they usually are surprised by the depth of my being. My emotions come out through my writing and music, and even most of my friends don't understand it. Actually, I can't think of a single friend in real life who actually does "get it".

I think everyone has something that makes them a "freak" so to say.

For me, I think it's my intensity. I come off as really cheerful and playful when people first meet me, and they usually are surprised by the depth of my being. My emotions come out through my writing and music, and even most of my friends don't understand it. Actually, I can't think of a single friend in real life who actually does "get it".

I can completely relate to this.

I'm not a freak. The rest of the world are freaks. We are the normal ones.

I too do not consider myself "freakish". The rest of the world is just lame. No one wants any depth to anything. They don't want inside you, nor do they want you in their head. No, I think any freakishness come from my INFJ nature. I constantly look for the hidden meanings behind actions and events. Symbols mean a lot to me. Everything is not quite what it seems. This is a strange way to live for most people, but it's me to a tee!

It's a funny thing to read the responses. I mean, yeah, we're unusual but often I get the feeling that it's INFJ's looking at the world around us and seeing a great empty blindness that is what makes us feel like they're crazy.

I could be wrong.

Reactions: Questingpoet
INFJs might be strange and odd in their ways (I think I'm an INFJ, but I'm not sure, and it doesn't really matter to me) but I also think the more anyone tries to find ways to separate themselves from others, the more they will find themselves distanced. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The world isn't as blind as we think it is, nor are the people in it lacking depth. People don't see life the same way, but I think the more you let that make you different, the more and more distanced you truly become.

It's a funny thing to read the responses. I mean, yeah, we're unusual but often I get the feeling that it's INFJ's looking at the world around us and seeing a great empty blindness that is what makes us feel like they're crazy.

I could be wrong.

I know what you mean.

... why I mostly keep to myself.

I don't care about being called weird...I'm fine with it for the most part. It does get a bit lonely at times.

I feel bad for others because it seems people are victimized as a result of following trends they don't really have an alignment with...because it's safe. Safe for them (ignorance is bliss) and safe for those who maintain the trends...

For myself, it's safer to be weird and alone. I am a lot freer just doing me. I wouldn't trade it for anythng.

I wouldn't call myself a freak, but I will not deny that I am a strange one.