Indigo | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Indigo

With lameness? Who's sneering anyway? I just find people much more complex than to be deemed some sort of spiritual or consciousness warriors because they have old souls. That's not sneering. That's being skeptical.

Skepticism calls for evidence. I've made points about sociological trends and posted a book with some interesting statistics. Those who find fault and make harsh or unfair judgments devoid of evidence are critics.

They also tend to not be cynical.

I posted a video and a book.

Old enough to know better than to answer that question.

Ah 16. You must be having rebelliousteenageritis.

Hm...16. I don't know whether to be offended or delighted.

It has come to my attention that you are 22. So I would expect you to still be anti-parent although you are scheduled to come around soon to the idea that parents have something to offer. While you might see them as unreasonable they probably have a decent reason for being so, even if only in thier own minds.

Why and how are they more reasonable than their parents? Also give examples please. Thanks.

Last edited:
It has come to my attention that you are 22. So I would expect you to still be anti-parent although you are scheduled to come around soon to the idea that parents have something to offer. While you might see them as unreasonable they probably have a decent reason for being so, even if only in thier own minds.

It's been 7 years since I've seen my parents. Good try though. Third times the charm?

Why and how are they more reasonable than their parents? Also give examples please. Thanks.

I posted a book earlier in this thread. Plenty of examples and statistics in it. Feel free to have a look.

The term indigo children originates from the 1986 book Understanding Your Life Thru Color, by Nancy Ann Tappe, a synesthete and intuitive, who as a synesthete perceives color and tastes shapes. She wrote that during the mid 1960s she began noticing that many children were being born with indigo life colors. Currently, Tappe has estimated that 90% of people age 14 to 25 have "indigo life colors" on Tappe's website.

The idea of indigo children was later popularized by the 1998 book The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived, written by the husband-and-wife team of Lee Carroll and Jan Tober.

...from Wikipedia
Nancy Ann Tappe was talking about auras in her book.

Originally an audio engineer,[Lee]Carroll began to channel communications which he claimed originated from a being from a higher dimension called Kryon in 1989. He describes Kryon as a disembodied entity of a different order than human, who has "been with the Earth since the beginning". The information he publishes, both printed and online, is intended to help humans "ascend to a higher vibrational level".

Carroll has authored three books on what he terms Indigo children, a new generation of children he says represents an evolution in human consciousness, and eleven books of channellings from Kryon.

...from Wikipedia
In 2003/2004 I worked at a spiritual bookstore which had all nine of the Kyron books at that time and the two most popular Indigo Children books: The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived by Lee Carroll/Jan Tober and The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children by Doreen Virtue. I read them all.
The Kyron books have contradictions on the dates when Indigo Children were supposed to begin appearing, as well as what their collective purpose is.
The Indigo Children books make some claims which are difficult to fathom and decipher.

During this time, I also knew a group of Indigo Children roughly aged 14 to 22/23. Thoughsome of them were very intuitive, most were relatively normal adolescents and 20-somethings, and there was a cross-section of Introverts and Extraverts among them, though I would say that there may have been a higher percentage of Introverts than in the general population.

They were all into alternative healing methods, astral travel, psychic awareness, etc. I did the astro-charts of a few and didn't find anything extraordinary in their charts, anymore than I have found in clients or the individuals whose charts I have seen here.
I have also met both types of parents of Indigo Children, those who believe their children are and those who don't.

The Indigo has four distinct personality patterns. Tappe's definition of these patterns are 1)The Artist, 2)The Conceptualist, 3)The Humanist, 4) The Catalyst.

...from Wikipedia
Do these sound familiar?

I'm not passing judgment of any kind, only giving my observations and experience of those claiming to be Indigo, and from the materials from books and websites I've read.
Currently, I have no opinion one way or the other.

Here are some of the more popular Indigo sites:
http://www.indigochild.com/
http://www.metagifted.org/topics/metagifted/indigo/

http://www.kryon.com/
http://www.nancyanntappe.com/
Doreen Virtue's site

Indigo children have all, or a large number of, the following characteristics:
- ‘know their own mind’ from an early age
- independent & headstrong
- creative
- intuitive and have psychic abilities
- sensitive especially to animals
- easily bored and may be disruptive at school if the teacher doesn’t understand where they are coming from
- highly strung, or tense
They are hyper-sensitives who are highly empathic and intuitive by nature

*shrugs* i dunno i just figured that some infj's would be indigo children because they are highly sensitive/capable of doing lots of things most people cant like...empathetic abilities or something.

I think they've come to dismantle all of our evil social institutions and usher in an age of Awareness. Or something. That's why they have to be such little shits. I think the Crystal children are supposed to be our Spiritual leaders.

That ish is bananas! B. A.N.A.N.A.S. Watch it be all true and I'll look like a dumbass! HEE!

I think I am a crystal. One of my many facets said so, but of course the silly little things are always sayin' so, like in little silly sayin's like "O, don't don't know how I see this, but it appears to reflect in your eyes!" *Notes to self to get rid of eyes*

I think I am a crystal. One of my many facets said so, but of course the silly little things are always sayin' so, like in little silly sayin's like "O, don't don't know how I see this, but it appears to reflect in your eyes!" *Notes to self to get rid of eyes*

You can always wear big movie star glasses like I do. I hide my eyes so people can't see how kind I am. ....

You can always wear big movie star glasses like I do. I hide my eyes so people can't see how kind I am. ....

A kind person is too blind to see that he or she is kind. That is why I decided I wanted to remove my eyes. So I could see. - I kind of feel embarrased now...

A kind person is too blind to see that he or she is kind. That is why I decided I wanted to remove my eyes. So I could see. - I kind of feel embarrased now...

Don't be! I've been strange all day and I've decide to embrace it instead of feeling ashamed about it. I look at weird moods like interesting clouds in the sky; With caution and interest, but fully aware that they're transitory like everything else.

I try to keep my third eye shut as tight as possible these days. I don't always like what I see.

Don't be! I've been strange all day and I've decide to embrace it instead of feeling ashamed about it. I look at weird moods like interesting clouds in the sky; With caution and interest, but fully aware that they're transitory like everything else.

I try to keep my third eye shut as tight as possible these days. I don't always like what I see.

I think the third eye sees from a different perspective. From a different light. I think it is your real true self in self-reflection's light mirrored in infinity tonight.

What's an indigo child?

I hate generational generalistions (I mean seriously a whole friggen generation are the same?)!

Anyone here got ESP?