Indigo | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Indigo

They just sound like idealists. Idealists have always been around.

One of my sociology professors explained that generations follow very noticeable cycles. The millennial generation is coming during a time of economic and political turmoil. In essence, Millennials are suppose to be the next GI generation. So I think the "Indigo" child phenomenon is actually following a clear sociological pattern...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vknHKTy1MLY
http://gen-we.com/sites/default/files/GenWe_EntireBook3.pdf

In other words, Indigos aren't "idealists", they are suppose to be the next "rational" generation. The baby boomers were the last idealist generation.

Last edited:
I've heard something similiar from my Comm. professor..
But anyways,
It's children who are suppose to help usher in a new reign of consciousness around the world. They don't start out angry but that is how they end up as a result of how the people in the world treat each other and them.
I think they've come to dismantle all of our evil social institutions and usher in an age of Awareness.

Is what sounded idealistic to me.

Is what sounded idealistic to me.

idealism - The property of a person of having high ideals that are usually unrealizable or at odds with practical life

If that is the definition you are using then Millenials are idealists, but they are suppose to be bringing the world into a new age of reason. I have to say that I can't imagine many people my age who are likely going to usher in the Second Great Enlightenment, but some of these younger people are astonishing. And with the current state of the world, we surre as hell need one.

Need one? As in like, some sort of Indigo consciousness messiah? Excuse my ignorance if it comes off as that.

Need one? As in like, some sort of Indigo consciousness messiah? Excuse my ignorance if it comes off as that.

I wouldn't say ignorant, just not aware of history.

The first Age of Enlightenment was during the 18th century and it brought forth the principles which gave birth to the United States of America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment

What people are looking for is a second Age of Enlightenment. A time in which reason, not ideology, is what rules. That is what Indigo children, Millenials, or whatever are suppose to bring forth.

Thread moved to INFJ typology

I have to say that I can't imagine many people my age who are likely going to usher in the Second Great Enlightenment, but some of these younger people are astonishing.
What is astonishing about them?

That is a pretty lame point though Satya, I'm a believer that the next gen is always better then the previous generation.

Old enough to know better than to answer that question.

Awesome, plus rep for that...

it fits for being "too young" or "too old" equally.

Bah, "must spread some around" first.

That is a pretty lame point though Satya, I'm a believer that the next gen is always better then the previous generation.

I don't think any generation is really any better than the last. I think they are all just different. I like the up and coming generation and I can't help but feel optimistic.

It's easy for people to sneer at optimism.

With more optimism?

With lameness? Who's sneering anyway? I just find people much more complex than to be deemed some sort of spiritual or consciousness warriors because they have old souls. That's not sneering. That's being skeptical.