Indigo | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Indigo

Why so long?

Dunno. :m202:

They are hyper-sensitives who are highly empathic and intuitive by nature

*shrugs* i dunno i just figured that some infj's would be indigo children because they are highly sensitive/capable of doing lots of things most people cant like...empathetic abilities or something.

I find it interesting how caustic such a generalization seems to be to Fi dominant people. The whole "Indigo child" phenomenon requires a degree of mystical thinking (Ni) which seems outside the realm of INFPs and ISFPs. I'm not a fan of new age thought but the Indigo child phenoneon holds true to my intution. I don't know if the up and comng generatoin has any special abilities, but they do have special challenges and thus the opportunity to prove themselves to the world in ways no other generation has ever had.

Last edited:
Dunno. :m202:

I find it interesting how caustic such a generalization seems to be to Fi dominant people. The whole "Indigo child" phenomenon requires a degree of mystical thinking (Ni) which seems outside the realm of INFPs and ISFPs. I'm not a fan of new age thought but the Indigo child phenoneon holds true to my intution. I don't know if the up and comng generatoin has any special abilities, but they do have special challenges and thus the opportunity to prove themselves to the world in ways no other generation has ever had.

In general, us I_FPs don't like generalisations... muahahaha :pound:

I'll be honest. My skepticism comes from too many people telling I'm a damned Indigo. I'm contrary as hell, as soon as you slap a label on me, I'm going to do the opposite of what you expect.

I'm guess I'm a Marxist to my core. Groucho Marxist, that is. And I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member. I'm just me, for better or for worse...

I took a random test years ago and Indigo came out as my results. I had no idea what it even was so I took the time to do some research and what I found was interesting. It describes me in a way that I never thought was possible because I've always had a feeling of being very "different", but I usually shrugged it off. Still, I don't put too much thought in the whole idea, I have too many issues as is lol.

I'll be honest. My skepticism comes from too many people telling I'm a damned Indigo. I'm contrary as hell, as soon as you slap a label on me, I'm going to do the opposite of what you expect.
*Links arms with Nickey and skips away.*

Last edited:

I'm guess I'm a Marxist to my core. Groucho Marxist, that is. And I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member. I'm just me, for better or for worse...

But what if I expect you to do the opposite of what I expect? Would you become oblique* then? < but of course if you did, how would you know I didn't expect it?

*This could be considered an utterly nonsensical post by me (aren't they all?) - but I just kinda wanted to use the word "oblique"

*Links arms with Nickey and skips away.*

O my gosh! You two are going off to "never never" land, aren't you? I have a cousin that lives there... well, some people think it's actually me. From everything I have seen so far, it's really quite a nice place to be. Quite magical indeed! :smile: