In my opinion....from my personal experiences.... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

In my opinion....from my personal experiences....

No, I disagree, with all of you.

"in my opinion" "from my personal experiences" "being a -----, I believe..."

are all forms of trying to make opinions shed a light of vadality when they are only individualistic experiences, which, by the way, are not universally applicable so cannot possibly make weight in any sort of discussion besides one that is simply swapping views that are invalid and false.

Now, as has been mentioned, statements such as "I went to New York and didn't like their Pizza." Would be half valid. If you did go to New York, then, that's a fact.

No one has touched up

"Being a _____, I believe" yet. Anyone care to tackle that point?

I touched it, reread my post....

Well, since we're all giving are opinions on this matter and according to slant's OP everyone's opinion is "invalid" I'm not sure why we're bothering. :m075:

Some things are immutable. For example, at my location, at this instant, local time is 11:35 a.m. Another example would be from chemistry. H2O is always water, Oh, and now it's 11:38, so while time is the truth, it always changes. About the most immutable thing I can think of is a Mother's love for her child. The same is also true for me as a Father. Another thing that does not change is that a mile is always 5,280 feet. Of course you know these things, and there are many more examples you know as well as anyone else knows.
A very important part of the Scientific Method is the necessicity of maintaining an open mind for discovery of new information from further experiment. Even hard Science evolves over time, as our understanding grows. Look at our perception of matter. Science has proven that even the most dense objects are mainly empty space, even a chunk of granite. We sure don't perceive it that way, do we? How we perceive depends upon our degree and state of consciousness, which evolves over the course of time if we are paying attention and remaining open for new information, as the Scientific Method rigorously requires us to do.

Reactions: slant
Just remember: facts are only widely accepted theories. These theories stem from people's ideas, which could be considered their opinions.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say. That sentence just popped into my head.

EDIT: It's like a certain Biology teacher said - you only know that the colour blue is 'blue' because you were told it was so.

Last edited:
Reactions: slant
My ISFJ mum only values and trusts her own personal experiences, so no amount of statistical evidence or expertise or authority will sway her unless she has personally experienced it herself. Depression? Never experienced it, doesn't exist. ADHD? Never experienced it, doesn't exist.

I get so tired of her anecdotes, anecdotes mean shit all.

My ISFJ mum only values and trusts her own personal experiences, so no amount of statistical evidence or expertise or authority will sway her unless she has personally experienced it herself. Depression? Never experienced it, doesn't exist. ADHD? Never experienced it, doesn't exist.

I get so tired of her anecdotes, anecdotes mean shit all.

I wonder what it would be like to be ISFJ and born blind.