If $ were no object what would you do for a living? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

If $ were no object what would you do for a living?

I'd be a world traveller, a politician, a charity organiser, a businessman, a writer, a vehicle designer, an adventurist.

I'd have a variety of sordid affairs in aesthetic settings and experience everything there is to experience before my death. That and study with the mystics.. and be a mystical hedonist!

Last edited:
I would take care of babies in hospitals. I would also study many things.

I would spend my days in the rye searching for flowers.

I'd be a wildfower.. in the Rye.
I'd be a lotus blossum
and I'll tell you why
So that I could bestow
the most magical gifts of all

I would make flower power
be the highest power,
and I would be a home to butterflies and worms,
and honey bees. I'd love all
the trees so majestic and tall

I'd welcome the Sun and the rain alike
and make sweet prayers to the clouds above
I'd put my feet into the mud and my stem into the air,
and declare my love

and rise my flowers
into the sky,
and I would be a lotus flower
and a honey bear.

Unafraid of what may come,
I would be love for everyone
for love for one is sweet and all
but love for all
just seems more fair

I would take care of babies in hospitals. I would also study many things.
Studying many things would be amazing... It kind of puts me on edge when I think about this: Life is so short, and there is so much to know! Maybe more to know than could fit into one lifetime.

Studying many things would be amazing... It kind of puts me on edge when I think about this: Life is so short, and there is so much to know! Maybe more to know than could fit into one lifetime.

I think it was Jesus who was reported to have said something like "In my father's house, there are many mansions" - I don't think people always take him seriously enough. Yeah, yeah, I know he liked to ride into Juruselum on the back of an ass, and sometimes chide the moneymakers who used what he called his father's house as a place to gamble and cheat people, but it was all in good fun. He was just trying to propogate good Buddhist ideals, you know. Chastizing is one thing, but nailing someone to a cross just borderlines on abuse. Still, he had that cool gene that let him allow a fellow prisoner on the cross to ascend to Heaven with Him that day, and he did ask His higher Super-ego self (which He apparently Himself actually was) to forgive them please. Why don't people get this guy's themes?

I think it was Jesus who was reported to have said something like "In my father's house, there are many mansions" - I don't think people always take him seriously enough. Yeah, yeah, I know he liked to ride into Juruselum on the back of an ass, and sometimes chide the moneymakers who used what he called his father's house as a place to gamble and cheat people, but it was all in good fun. He was just trying to propogate good Buddhist ideals, you know. Chastizing is one thing, but nailing someone to a cross just borderlines on abuse. Still, he had that cool gene that let him allow a fellow prisoner on the cross to ascend to Heaven with Him that day, and he did ask His higher Super-ego self (which He apparently Himself actually was) to forgive them please. Why don't people get this guy's themes?

You know, as I read about Buddhism and ponder Christianity.. I find that many of the things the bible preaches go hand in hand.. many, not all. But can you elaborate on the many mansions reference? I'm not sure I understand.

The themes ain't got, my friend.. I'm afraid.. is because those preaching the themes don't live according to them. They don't treat people with mercy and compassion. Instead, they contradict the theme and judge judge judge!

Jewish background for the mansions theme:
Back in the day, when a Jewish man wanted to marry a Jewish woman, he'd get "engaged" - which was an engagement so strong it actually required a divorce to break - then go and start building a house. This "house" was basically addition to his father's home, and over time they became very large, sprawling complexes where the family and relatives all resided. When the man's father deemed it was good enough, the man would grab his friends and run off to meet the woman. She had to be ready and waiting because she didn't know when he'd be coming, and it was a kind of fun surprise. He'd get her, they'd go on the honeymoon, and then live in the family complex. (No, I don't know much about Jewish marriage or honeymoon.)

Jesus said, "in my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so I would have told you."
With that background, Jesus was not only saying "hey, there's room for everybody here!" (which the Jews would have interpreted as room for all Jews). Jesus was also saying "there's room for everybody. Not just Jews, but Samaritans, Romans, Persians, Greeks, everyone! Quit judging!"

I'll let mayflow take over the explanation now. :wink:

EDIT: Merrytrees, you're bang on. Churchianity talks about love and compassion, but doesn't live it. I will point out, though, that there are many Christians who do actually love and have compassion. But you're right that Religion isn't doing a very good job of teaching love...

Last edited:
Such are mere human frailties....
Mayflow, crucifixion was the norm. There were Jews hung on crosses outside Jerusalem to keep them under the submission of the rule of the Romans; buzzards sitting on the crosses with them. He rode on a donkey to fulfill a prophesy.
His themes question morality and virtues......which bring people to arms.

Last edited:
I would have a large sailboats around the world and sail. Along the way I would write and paint.

Have coffee with my friends from around the world

I would summon my works of art into reality via steel crafting

I would do alot of things

I'd have sex with every attractive disease free female Geek and INFJ on earth.

I'd have sex with every attractive disease free female Geek and INFJ on earth.

The irony is that all the money in the world probably couldn't buy you that. INFJs aren't exactly giving it away for cash.

Like I'd want to pay. I'd be using that money to help seduce them, and to reach them all.

If money didn't matter, then I wouldn't need to do anything for a living.

If I had financial freedom, and could thus follow my passions, I would probably become a swimming instructor for orphaned children, or design and secretly lay hi-tech traps to catch poachers near big game reserves. There are other possibilities as well...

Good to hear it, alphawolf......I was wondering after your signature. "Capable" is one thing,...........

You know, as I read about Buddhism and ponder Christianity.. I find that many of the things the bible preaches go hand in hand.. many, not all. But can you elaborate on the many mansions reference? I'm not sure I understand.

The themes ain't got, my friend.. I'm afraid.. is because those preaching the themes don't live according to them. They don't treat people with mercy and compassion. Instead, they contradict the theme and judge judge judge!

Milon answered admirably about the mansions theme. I didn't know about that Jewish custom. As for the relationships of Buddhism and Christianity, I will make a new topic so we can mutually explore such things. :smile:

ps
Judge not that ye be not judged.
Mathew 7:1