If $ were no object what would you do for a living? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

If $ were no object what would you do for a living?

That is a thing to question if you are to seek understanding.

Excellent reply. Are you capable of all good? To have nothing to question would be BORING.....Your wishes are to express yourself, teach, and protect; it shows concern for others which is a good thing. Giving of your time for others is the next level.

Are you capable of all good?

Well, let me just say that "capable of all evil" does not mean what you think it means; it's meaning is philosophical rather than literal.

Jewish background for the mansions theme:
Back in the day, when a Jewish man wanted to marry a Jewish woman, he'd get "engaged" - which was an engagement so strong it actually required a divorce to break - then go and start building a house. This "house" was basically addition to his father's home, and over time they became very large, sprawling complexes where the family and relatives all resided. When the man's father deemed it was good enough, the man would grab his friends and run off to meet the woman. She had to be ready and waiting because she didn't know when he'd be coming, and it was a kind of fun surprise. He'd get her, they'd go on the honeymoon, and then live in the family complex. (No, I don't know much about Jewish marriage or honeymoon.)

Jesus said, "in my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so I would have told you."
With that background, Jesus was not only saying "hey, there's room for everybody here!" (which the Jews would have interpreted as room for all Jews). Jesus was also saying "there's room for everybody. Not just Jews, but Samaritans, Romans, Persians, Greeks, everyone! Quit judging!"

I'll let mayflow take over the explanation now. :wink:

EDIT: Merrytrees, you're bang on. Churchianity talks about love and compassion, but doesn't live it. I will point out, though, that there are many Christians who do actually love and have compassion. But you're right that Religion isn't doing a very good job of teaching love...

Thanks for explaining Milon! I don't know about Jewish engagement/marriage customs...so I was never sure what that verse could mean. I get Jesus' reference now.

Milon answered admirably about the mansions theme. I didn't know about that Jewish custom. As for the relationships of Buddhism and Christianity, I will make a new topic so we can mutually explore such things. :smile:

ps Mathew 7:1
Yeah, I'm interested in the topic!

Last edited:
My days would be like this:

toon_procrastinator.gif

Pfft, as if I haven't thought this through a hundred thousand times since primary school.

I'd be a roller derby girl. I'd have my own roller derby team called The Vintage Vixens or maybe the pin up punishers instead and everyone would have names like old movies stars but brutal. Like Veronica Break and Dorothy Damage, Lana Burner, Bettie Rage, Payne Mansfield. I could kick people in the face and wear lipstick at the same time. That always sounds like a fun time to me. I've clearly put too much thought into this.

Oh well. I'm in a silly mood.

Last edited:
Reactions: acd
Pfft, as if I haven't thought this through a hundred thousand times since primary school.

What compells you towards that?

High profits, lack of squirmishness, black humour, great lateral thinking skills.

So the thought of killing itself, or killing for a profit doesn't bother you?

Killing for a profit doesn't bother me. I don't care much about the killing except as a way to test my imagination.

Would you think about your target's loved ones (wife, kids etc.)?

Of course not. A contract is a contract is a contract, that person is marked for death if I do it or not. They'd have to be lucky 100% of the time, an assassin, only once.

If I do it, I get the money.
If I pass it up, someone else gets it and kills them.

Besides, if you think about their family, you couldn't go through with it.

Besides, if you think about their family, you couldn't go through with it.

Interesting, I wouldn't be able to stop thinking (you can turn compassion off?) about that.

Wow, very interesting! I wonder if that is a hardcore T vs hardcore F thing?

Consider the Temperament, and the Type.

I'm an ENTP, an NT Rational. Letter talk doesn't have much to do with anything, and is unscientific.