If the government's healthcare insurance is so good... | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

If the government's healthcare insurance is so good...

If you are required to pay taxes, and you don't pay taxes, you should not receive government help.
Fair enough, but what about the homeless living on the streets? Do they get coverage or are they simply ignored because they don't pay taxes because they don't have an income?

I don't think they're required. However, if you're required to pay tax and you don't, you go to gaol. Everyone should have access to health.

How much do the taxes inhibit the quality of life of those being taxed?

How much do the taxes inhibit the quality of life of those being taxed?

in a cost/benefit analysis everyone bar a very very few have their lives improved more by the benefits of paying taxes than they lose by having less to spend themselves.

in a cost/benefit analysis everyone bar a very very few have their lives improved more by the benefits of paying taxes than they lose by having less to spend themselves.

Do you have a copy of this analysis?

Do you have a copy of this analysis?

can't be arsed explaining the obvious to people who can't/won't think for themselves, if you can't work out that people benefit from paying taxes then I can't be bothered explaining it.

Fair enough, but what about the homeless living on the streets? Do they get coverage or are they simply ignored because they don't pay taxes because they don't have an income?

If they are homeless then they should have the option to go to some kind of safe housing with the simple basics, and help get back on their feet.

I find it amusing that none of you arguing against public healthcare, are able to empathise with the fact that Bored Now might be getting married soon, were it not for the current system killing her beau.

If they are homeless then they should have the option to go to some kind of safe housing with the simple basics, and help get back on their feet.

Most of those don't provide safety, they ram Jesus down your throat, and they don't let you stay very long.

Sickipedia said:
An American newspaper was quoted saying
"if Steven Hawking was British he would have been left to die"

Well, he is from England and is still alive you fat, thick American C*nts.

NOTE; I know it's confusing but he is in a wheelchair because he's disabled, not like yanks who are just to obese to support their own body weight.

Heh. I took this quote from Sickipedia. Just another place where the English are watching the Americans "Debate" with amusement.

The top 5% currently pays more taxes than the bottom 95% combined.

OH WHY IS THAT?

DID IT CAUSE THEM TO STARVE?

maybe its because the top 5% detain most of the wealth?

americans like to defend the right of exploiting and having obscene wealth because they think they could be one of them

chances are you won

do you know what else is funny shai gar

the fact that i mentioned the wars. So killing people with your tax money is not as horrifying as saving poor with your tax money.

do you know what else is funny shai gar

the fact that i mentioned the wars. So killing people with your tax money is not as horrifying as saving poor with your tax money.
The problem is, it is in fact the populations tax money, and they just might support war more than they support universal health care.

it was the investor's business daily, here is an altered version of the editorial

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=333933006516877

and here's a blog quoting the original

http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-bl...-take-stephen-hawking-to-figure-this-one-out/

hilarious

What always bugs me for this way of thinking is, it's again choosing to look at people who have pre-existing healthcare. The only people up in arms about healthcare are those who already have good to excellent health care. It really does come down to whether or not America is willing to have equal health care for all, or the best healthcare for a few. I guarantee you if you're poor, you love having health care of any kind - and you probably won't abuse the system because you'll do what you've done most of the time: Not go unless you have to.

But here's another detail people often forget.

We actually do have free health care for the poor, but it's usually through emergency care. One hospital here in Dallas, Parkland, will treat those who have no money and I think they do a sliding scale fee, but I'm not exactly sure how it works. Still, Parkland is a horrific nightmare of a place - always crowded, people bleeding, people waiting hours for care...not fun. But my assumption is, Parkland is the only public hospital for miles around, so everyone knows if you can't pay you have to go there.

But if we offer more healthcare for poor folks, then we can share the burden with other nearby hospitals, and the poor can receive at least some decent health care. Of course if you're one of the Americans who's used to having the best care whenever you want it, then you have to ask yourself if you're willing to share that health care with others or not.

In my opinion, this whole issue comes down to two things.

It's either, "I want what's best for my family at the expense of someone else" or "let's all make sure a neighbor gets help, even if I don't know them personally."

Meh. America is a funny place. Everyone lives in one big 1950s Pleasantville stage set/bubble until they have to share, or do something uncomfortable. But not every American is surprised by this. It's just the same ol' same ol' all over again.

/rant.

Last edited: