I love looking into my INFJ's eyes... | INFJ Forum

I love looking into my INFJ's eyes...

JME

Jan 31, 2009
MBTI
INxJ
I love looking into my INFJ's eyes...

Even just when it's flashes of it for a half second, it's like we're actually looking inside each other.

I've never experienced anything like it. It's great for a second, or I could do it all day long.

Is this a normal thing with you INFJs when you're in love?

(She's definitely in love with me, so that's not a question about her and I.)

I thought I'd been legitimately in love before, and I don't remember ever feeling like I was looking into someone or vice-versa. Compared to this, I was just looking "at" their eyes.

I love that my guy can withstand my penetrating eyes-- He says he can see forever in my eyes......
But the downside sometimes is, it's hard to hide my emotions, they are always in my eyes... you will know if i'm sad, angry or confused.... it all shows up in my " liquid pools of love"--:love:

Eye, Eye, Eye

Didn't know that penetrating eyes could be an INFJ trait. When I first met my INFJ, he stared at me so hard that I thought he burned holes in the back of my head, thought it was weird....I returned the favor either because I wanted to assert my self-confidence or because I wanted to see where he was going with it. We've started dating a week ago, and we're kinda already saying the L-word to each other.

Anyway, it's not just the INFJs' eyes that seemingly excrete emotion, it's their gestures, their speech, their facial expressions. At least mine is incredibly easy to read. I can only imagine that it may make him unnecessarily vulnerable at times. But I guess because of that outward expression of his, I find him endlessly fascinating.

Reactions: SarahBS
Didn't know that penetrating eyes could be an INFJ trait. When I first met my INFJ, he stared at me so hard that I thought he burned holes in the back of my head, thought it was weird....I returned the favor either because I wanted to assert my self-confidence or because I wanted to see where he was going with it. We've started dating a week ago, and we're kinda already saying the L-word to each other.

Anyway, it's not just the INFJs' eyes that seemingly excrete emotion, it's their gestures, their speech, their facial expressions. At least mine is incredibly easy to read. I can only imagine that it may make him unnecessarily vulnerable at times. But I guess because of that outward expression of his, I find him endlessly fascinating.

Hey, your first post, welcome

I seldom make eye contact with people for more then a few seconds at a time. I haven't ever been told that my eyes can unnerve people. However people have told me that I can have a very intense look, and that I will see through them easily. People will also want to stare at my eyes because they are very blue.

Normally I have issues keeping eye contact with anyone. It wasn't something I ever did.
But I recently realized that with my current boyfriend, I could stare in his eyes forever <3

Nothing tops that eye connection, it's like a major soul tie. I think it's the closest you'll ever be to another person.

Ahh, so we've all got the eye thing, huh? I didn't realize that. I've been told many times that my stares can be intense. I tend to also use it to get my way. A few old gf's have called it my "puppy dog" look...

I find it hard to keep eye contact...I always feel like some one is able to see right into my soul~ but I have gotten the penetrating stare comment before...Or how some one could look into my eyes forever and never get bored...

I look into the eyes of many people My eyes are in my profile if you want to see them.

I seldom make eye contact with people for more then a few seconds at a time. I haven't ever been told that my eyes can unnerve people. However people have told me that I can have a very intense look, and that I will see through them easily.

I have the exact same issue, except I have had people tell me that my gaze unnerves them. It's been called everything from piercing to intense. I've had many people literally try to dodge my gaze and demand to know why I was looking at them. This has made me very self conscious about maintaining eye contact as I really don't like making people uncomfortable.

But, in response to the original post...

I had an INFJ once, and we loved looking into each other's eyes. Her eyes felt like home to me, and my idea of home is an ethereal heavenly place where the spirit sings. When we first got together, I actually wrecked my car because I was looking into her eyes. It was just a fender bender, but looking into her eyes made me lose sense of all time and space other than her. It was like we were looking into each other's souls, and they were beautiful.

First off, welcome to a (mostly) kinder, gentler forum. To answer your question, yes deep eyes are an INFJ trait as well as all the rest you listed. We keep shutters on them mostly, if you are privileged to look inside, that means we want you to understand.

We are a very small % of the population, and guys even more so. We often hide ourselves when we are younger too. What you are talking about is Fe (Extraverted Feeling). It is our secondary trait, and is how we deal with the outside world. I personally feel my Fe sometimes trumps my primary mode Ni. Anyways, if you are in a realtionship with an INFJ, this is a good place to be. And we have Monkeys!!

:m060: :m182::mcunni::m058::m111:

Reactions: SarahBS and Bird
i'd love to meet someone with intense eyes. i wonder how it looks from the opposite side.

i'd love to meet someone with intense eyes. i wonder how it looks from the opposite side.

Imagine staring into another set of intense eyes...as intense as your own...I have done this...its like getting put into a trance...then you like trance each other out...Its interesting...almost like a war of the eyeballs of intensity...

I know it sounds like a really cliche joke...but im really serious

I always thought this was just one of those odd, idiosyncratic things about me. This is probably my favorite romantic pasttime, or at least in the top five.

So we're all odd together.

I have the exact same issue, except I have had people tell me that my gaze unnerves them. It's been called everything from piercing to intense. I've had many people literally try to dodge my gaze and demand to know why I was looking at them. This has made me very self conscious about maintaining eye contact as I really don't like making people uncomfortable.

This sounds really familiar.

Hi, Forest Dweller.

Last edited:
I rarely feel as if other people have intense stares; I don't think I've met very many. I've never been told that I have an intense gaze, although that may be because in the fifth grade some people in my class felt freaked out because I would "stare" at them, and I've been self-conscious about it since.

I've only had one or two experiences where I really "fell" into another person's eyes. Once with my ENFJ friend, but the first time it happened was in a train station in the Netherlands when I was buying ice cream. I didn't know the guy, but that was the most intense eye experience I've ever had, and I think I was dazed for a few minutes afterward.

Reactions: Bird
Consistent with her Celtic forebears (and with being an INFJ), my wife has second sight. This is supposed to be particularly strong in people with blue eyes characterized by an iris having a thin concentric dark edge, at least that's how my wife explains her prophetic powers. I've gotten used to her reading my mind and her uncannily accurate predictions but, still, it's amazing. She does have beautiful blue eyes I've never grown tired of looking into.

Reactions: Bird
My psychologist is an INFJ, I find it very hard to make eye contact with her. See can see me for everything that I am but all I can see within her is a wall. Occasionally I'll see flashes of something that is going on within her mind.

Its amazing.

Its very intense though. However she encourages me to make eye contact with her but I can only manage 30 seconds at the most at the moment.

But yes, INFJ's are amazing to look at and into.