[INFJ] - I have a date with an INFJ this weekend! | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] I have a date with an INFJ this weekend!

How terrible that the jokes in this thread are dates I've actually experienced

The best jokes contain a kernel of truth.

I once went on a date with someone I'd met online and we seemed to be hitting it off great, until she made an obscure Monty Python reference that I didn't get (oddly enough I'm not a huge fan). After that it was probably the most awkward date I'd ever been on. She wanted to be literally anywhere other than sharing company with some brute who couldn't finish her Python quotes. :neutral:

Send her dick pics.

I once went on a date with someone I'd met online and we seemed to be hitting it off great, until she made an obscure Monty Python reference that I didn't get (oddly enough I'm not a huge fan). After that it was probably the most awkward date I'd ever been on. She wanted to be literally anywhere other than sharing company with some brute who couldn't finish her Python quotes. :neutral:
Don’t let him fool you. He was a major ladies man!

Can you finish that one:

"What about you? Do you find it... risible? When I say the naaaame ...... "

Can you finish that one:

"What about you? Do you find it... risible? When I say the naaaame of my frieeeeend...... "
Monty Python sucks ass. This is the only humorous thing they’ve done that makes me laugh. I should also mention I saw Eric Idle (who I do like) and sour puss asshat John Cleese live a few years back.

Can you finish that one:

"What about you? Do you find it... risible? When I say the naaaame ...... "

I can't complete any of it. I know "Bring out yer dead," I know about the black knight at the bridge. That's about it. Along with The Princess Bride, Die Hard and Pulp Fiction, it seems to be literally everyone's thing except mine.

Reactions: Free, Asa and Ren
I can't complete any of it. I know "Bring out yer dead," I know about the black knight at the bridge. That's about it. Along with The Princess Bride, Die Hard and Pulp Fiction, it seems to be literally everyone's thing except mine.
Yeah those suck as well. lol

Monty Python is amazing! But maybe not for everyone :)
:crushhug:

Actually I don't think it sucks ass, per se, I'm just not wildly enamored and hanging on every word.

I was gonna say "maybe it's the very British humour" but I presume many Americans like it too, so... ^^

Reactions: Free
Monty Python is amazing! But maybe not for everyone :)

I was gonna say "maybe it's the very British humour" but I presume many Americans like it too, so... ^^

Nah, truckloads of Americans love it, that's sort of my point. :grin:

And there's a lot of British humor that I like a lot more than MP. Maybe it'd be different if I'd grown up with it. I didn't watch any of the MP stuff until I was in my 30s.

:crushhug:

Actually I don't think it sucks ass, per se, I'm just not wildly enamored and hanging on every word.
CNjPBJL.jpg

Look at you guys bonding even further over this unfair hatred you share for Monty Python! :p

Nah, truckloads of Americans love it, that's sort of my point. :grin:

And there's a lot of British humor that I like a lot more than MP. Maybe it'd be different if I'd grown up with it. I didn't watch any of the MP stuff until I was in my 30s.
I’ll start a urinpeeing comedy thread. :tonguewink:

@infinite dreams – the fact that she lost interest in you because of a pop culture fandom means you're better off. (Obviously.) It's super fun to introduce people to one's interests, anyway.
LOL, if someone snubbed me like that, I'd just leave.

Though, throwing an obscure movie quote her way while I exited would have been hilarious.

It’s sensor humor.

No way. Monty Python is extremely surreal and random, and definitely up many an NT's alley. My NT friends and I used to get derailed in college in the computer lab and end up watching Monty Python clips. Is every sketch from Flying Circus hilarious? Not necessarily, but a lot of them are, in my opinion.

I actually had this argument with an ESTP at work a few years ago. His position was that Monty Python was in fact not funny and too nonsensical... so I don't have a very large sample size, but one of the only people I know that doesn't care for the humor is a Sensor.

Furthermore, people online seem to type most of the founding members of Monty Python as Intuitives, which would imply that the humor they employ is also Intuitive:

https://www.personalitycafe.com/guess-type/115621-monty-python.html
https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/arts-and-entertainment/12739-monty-python-mbti.html

No way. Monty Python is extremely surreal and random, and definitely up many an NT's alley. My NT friends and I used to get derailed in college in the computer lab and end up watching Monty Python clips. Is every sketch from Flying Circus hilarious? Not necessarily, but a lot of them are, in my opinion.

I actually had this argument with an ESTP at work a few years ago. His position was that Monty Python was in fact not funny and too nonsensical... so I don't have a very large sample size, but one of the only people I know that doesn't care for the humor is a Sensor.

Furthermore, people online seem to type most of the founding members of Monty Python as Intuitives, which would imply that the humor they employ is also Intuitive:

https://www.personalitycafe.com/guess-type/115621-monty-python.html
https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/arts-and-entertainment/12739-monty-python-mbti.html

Where is the dislike option? :tonguewink:

One thing I'll point out is that a lot of their sketches take a norm or expectation and turn it on its head, especially in a ridiculous or over-the-top way.

The same thing happens when you get a bunch of INTPs in a room. In mere minutes, the irony of social constructions is deconstructed and poked fun at.

I think some Sensors take these constructions more at face value, so they may prefer humor that relies on sheer wit. Just a guess.

Reactions: Free and Reason