[INFJ] - I have a date with an INFJ this weekend! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] I have a date with an INFJ this weekend!

Just be your literal self and you'll do fine.

As an INTP I understand the internal push to try too hard in these situations, to make up for some inwardly perceived social deficiency. Don't do that. Relax and let your actual personality shine. She ought to appreciate that, particularly if she's an INFJ since they often feel similar awkwardness in these situations and also disdain small talk.

Just be your literal self and you'll do fine.

As an INTP I understand the internal push to try too hard in these situations, to make up for some inwardly perceived social deficiency. Don't do that. Relax and let your actual personality shine. She ought to appreciate that, particularly if she's an INFJ since they often feel similar awkwardness in these situations and also disdain small talk.
Lies!

Ask her what she thinks of Charles Manson. Start at the beginning of Manson’s life and end at his death. Or choose your favorite.

Nah too focused; that is Ni's bailiwick.

As an INTP he will need to start with Manson and abruptly spin off to Bundy, Ramirez, Dahmer etc., making tenuous (frivolous?) connections between all of them and unintentionally confusing the listener as much as possible. Do u even INTP? :tongueout:

Tell her you have an obsession with serial killers and Hitler. That your dreams are mostly about murder and genocide. Ask her what she thinks of Charles Manson. Start at the beginning of Manson’s life and end at his death. Or choose your favorite. If she starts squirming excuse yourself and leave immediately. Then text her saying that something urgent has come up and “I will see you soon.”

PS- whatever you do, DO NOT let her tell you he was evil because she’s lying to you and starting off with lies is HUGE a red flag.

Now that's a real date!

I honestly don't have many issues being myself when I date, unless I'm dating someone that is very easily offended (I don't like making people angry). It's gone fairly well in the past, and I'm generally chill as a cucumber in real life, so I think it's comforting to others.

The part I hate about dating is actually scoring the date in the first place... but that's over with, in this case!

There will be plenty of Hitler talk (in bed).

Now that's a real date!
Fuck yeah it is!!
Nah too focused; that is Ni's bailiwick.

As an INTP he will need to start with Manson and abruptly spin off to Bundy, Ramirez, Dahmer etc., making tenuous (frivolous?) connections between all of them and unintentionally confusing the listener as much as possible. Do u even INTP? :tongueout:
I am happy to admit when I’m incorrect. Most of your suggestions are awful, as was mine by suggesting Manson, although I do agree with Ramirez. Below are a few light conversation topics that will increase your odds on any successful date.

1- Edmund Kemper (my personal fav)
2- Donald Henry Gaskins
3- John George Haigh
4- Peter Manuel

If she doesn’t like Ed Kemper dump her immediately!

Last edited:
Big is best when you’re telling the truth.

██▄░▄██░██▄░░▄██░░░██░░░░░░░██░██░██░░▄███▄░░██░░
██▀█▀██░░▀████▀░░░░██░░░▄░░░██░██▄██░██▀░▀██░██░░
██░░░██░░░░██░░░░░░███▄███▄███░██▀██░██▄░▄██░██░░
██░░░██░░░░██░░░░░░░▀███▀███▀░░██░██░░▀███▀░░████

████░░░██░░░██░████░████░░░██░▄███▄░░░░▄███▄░░░
██▄░░░░██░░░██░██▄░░██▄░░░░██░▀█▄▀▀░░░██▀░▀██░░
██▀░░░░██░░░██░██▀░░██▀░░░░██░▄▄▀█▄░░░███████░░
████░░░████░██░██░░░████░░░██░▀███▀░░░██░░░██░░

██░░░██░████
██░░░██░██▄░
██░░░██░██▀░
████░██░████

So... should I bring up the Hitler thing? ;)

Absolutely.

... Or per @Wyote's t-shirt suggestion, just wear a shirt that reads, "HiItler was an INFJ" but don't mention it, and ignore her if she mentions it.

Remember also not to treat her as a person but as a specimen of a rare personality type. Think of her as a stack of functions to study. INFJs love that, it makes them feel special. Also you'd better ask immediately if she's in a grip or loop, and if things aren't going well you can always demand that she uses her extroverted functions more. That works like a charm.

Nah, tell she is probably an INFP.

Aren't people just walking function stacks?

Um, yeah.

That's how I view all people. Like giant, walking psychologocal function, totem poles

^^Same^^

Seriously, though, INTP/INFJ can be a good mix. Hope you have fun.

██▄░▄██░██▄░░▄██░░░██░░░░░░░██░██░██░░▄███▄░░██░░
██▀█▀██░░▀████▀░░░░██░░░▄░░░██░██▄██░██▀░▀██░██░░
██░░░██░░░░██░░░░░░███▄███▄███░██▀██░██▄░▄██░██░░
██░░░██░░░░██░░░░░░░▀███▀███▀░░██░██░░▀███▀░░████

████░░░██░░░██░████░████░░░██░▄███▄░░░░▄███▄░░░
██▄░░░░██░░░██░██▄░░██▄░░░░██░▀█▄▀▀░░░██▀░▀██░░
██▀░░░░██░░░██░██▀░░██▀░░░░██░▄▄▀█▄░░░███████░░
████░░░████░██░██░░░████░░░██░▀███▀░░░██░░░██░░

██░░░██░████
██░░░██░██▄░
██░░░██░██▀░
████░██░████
*puts on reading glasses*

For the record, I've already rambled (via DM) about Jungian typology a tad bit much to her, and she actually seemed to enjoy that (which does line up with how most INFJs I know would react to interesting conversation), so that makes me even more comfortable than I'd be normally, since I can just nerd all over her (get your minds out of the gutter) on our first date.