I can't dance | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I can't dance

I love dancing more than just about anything else in life.

Belly dance, East coast Swing, Polynesian (Tahitian, oh yeah!!!), Burlesque, and I'm currently gathering materials to learn how to hoop dance.

I can dance...Its been a LONG time but I have it in me! I was in musical theatre for years!

I have come to realize that I have absolutely no Bodily-kinesthetic or spatial intelligence. I can't dance, or do aerobics or anything else that requires me to learn and perform a series of steps with others.

Is this just me?

I notice that I sometimes bump into people or things on accident. Plus, it's hard for me to dance also.

I love to dance. I started with hip hop then eventually moved to Salsa where I trained for a year to become a professional salsa dancer. But I stopped to pursue and enhance my career...

I think anyone can dance. For a brief moment that I taught beginners; i saw many levels of beginners. However, it is not impossible. If one thinks they can't then perhaps they are undermining their efforts even before they try. Supportive environment for dance learning is always ideal as beginners can connect with other beginners and emotionally bond through learning.

For those not interested in partner dancing, belly dancing is awesome for girls/ladies. I studied it briefly before moving onto salsa. perhaps types of music one likes has a lot to do with dance form as well.

Personally i can only dance to music with distinct beats and I can't dance to modern, interpretive or lyrical dances in classical music. but there are tons of options and it is a great stress reliever:m2:

I love to dance. I started with hip hop then eventually moved to Salsa where I trained for a year to become a professional salsa dancer. But I stopped to pursue and enhance my career...

I think anyone can dance. For a brief moment that I taught beginners; i saw many levels of beginners. However, it is not impossible. If one thinks they can't then perhaps they are undermining their efforts even before they try. Supportive environment for dance learning is always ideal as beginners can connect with other beginners and emotionally bond through learning.

For those not interested in partner dancing, belly dancing is awesome for girls/ladies. I studied it briefly before moving onto salsa. perhaps types of music one likes has a lot to do with dance form as well.

Personally i can only dance to music with distinct beats and I can't dance to modern, interpretive or lyrical dances in classical music. but there are tons of options and it is a great stress reliever:m2:

::Gets his groove on with Solongotgon::

Haven't tried salsa, maybe one of these days I should take some actual classes, lol.

Imagine yourself as dancing, add up some positive affirmations and then take actions. And see what happens...

Don't give up until you can dance. :)

Imagine yourself as dancing, add up some positive affirmations and then take actions. And see what happens...

Don't give up until you can dance. :)
So true Federer. Much of what we think we can't do is tied up with our imaginary can't do attitude. Ignore what everyone tells you and just get your groove on. Nothing beautiful than moving your energy around to beautiful music. I applaud those dancers in So You Think You Can Dance show who auditions despite being told that they don't fit the standard criteria for a dancer. It's BS and we all know it. I can't tell you how every other dancer I met had their own unique style and movement even though we all danced the same step. It's just passion....let it flow:m129:

I can lindy hop swing dance pretty well, I do it every week and it is the highlight of my week... but that has only been in the past couple of months that I've gotten good, it's taken me five years of wanting to learn to get to this point.

Any other dancing-- I can't do it, because I honestly can't think of moves to do and so I feel stupid. I like lindy hop because it is more structured than freestyle type dancing. So any of you who can't dance, try swing dancing, it makes you feel alive but not so uncomfortable that it makes you crazy :)

I can lindy hop swing dance pretty well, I do it every week and it is the highlight of my week... but that has only been in the past couple of months that I've gotten good, it's taken me five years of wanting to learn to get to this point.

Any other dancing-- I can't do it, because I honestly can't think of moves to do and so I feel stupid. I like lindy hop because it is more structured than freestyle type dancing. So any of you who can't dance, try swing dancing, it makes you feel alive but not so uncomfortable that it makes you crazy :)

That sounds fun!

Coming from the Caribbean, it's all about dancing to the beat. You let the music guide your movements. As if I'm going to dance in front of anyone though, except in the mirror . . . by myself, or in the privacy of my car . . . where other people can point and laugh I guess. Hmm.

I think I kinda suck at it really... I feel stupid if I ever see myself dancing and I usually just end up stopping and wanting to cry!! lol

I guess I am one of those people who needs lotsa liquid courage and cigars :D

I do pretty good at raves though...

Last edited:
I think I kinda suck at it really... I feel stupid if I ever see myself dancing and I usually just end up stopping and wanting to cry!! lol

Haha! Poor you. I can actually relate to that...

What bothers me with dancing though is ALL THE PEOPLE! I sometimes say jokingly that if I could dance Lindy Hop by myself, I would rather do that. That's actually more true than most of them understand. :)

By the way, raving is also dancing.

I love to dance!!! My only experience with dancing is musical theatre style, contemporary, and clubbing... But I love to dance and I don't care if I do it well!!
Posted via Mobile Device

If you don't think you can dance, you are obviously not drunk enough. :p

[YOUTUBE]0CwFYI1eX3A[/YOUTUBE]

So true Federer. Much of what we think we can't do is tied up with our imaginary can't do attitude. Ignore what everyone tells you and just get your groove on. Nothing beautiful than moving your energy around to beautiful music. I applaud those dancers in So You Think You Can Dance show who auditions despite being told that they don't fit the standard criteria for a dancer. It's BS and we all know it. I can't tell you how every other dancer I met had their own unique style and movement even though we all danced the same step. It's just passion....let it flow:m129:

then i am sure you will dance one day. Because you know the main major point. It is about to keep flowing and you know, few person know this. Follow your passion and also follow your intuition. :D Combine all your inner talents with positive thinking.

dancing is the food of my soul