How often do you get cramps? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How often do you get cramps?

Thank you guys for all your comments, and for those who suffer from cramps I share the same sentiments *Hugs*

When it comes to growing, I think I am somewhat in a calm stage. I have apparently exceeded my expected adult height, the only thing I can think of is that people say my muscles have not fully developed(they see me as "too skinny"). Emotional tension is a biggie, I been under heavy amounts of stress, and a variety of emotions. I been feeling quite socially agitated, I am still adapting to a lot of changes, that would make sense. I have done taekwondo in the past, and have become very flexible with the stretching exercises, I have however stopped(this was not recent though and the cramps have always been there, its been years now)

I don't know about others, but stretching in bed after waking up is my NUMBER ONE cause of feet cramps.
Yeah, skip morning stretches till you've been up for a while and walked around some. Do the stretch before bed though. Start morning ones after you've done stretching other times of the day for a week. Massage the area when you wake, cramp or no, though. It'll act like a stretch -- relaxing the area. The more preventative measures you take, the more likely cramping will stop all together, and it has for me. I cramped the first time in 2 years about a month back.

Do this one:
hwkb17_077.jpg

For 30 seconds, then switch to other for 30, and do a total of 3 reps on each leg. Do that before bed, and once or twice during the day and you'll be much better.

IntensiveCalfStretch.jpg

This one is risky at this point, as it could cause a cramp, BUT do it really really gently, for 10 seconds, even 8, each leg once a day and you'll be miles ahead. You can start this one now, or wait after a few days stretching the first way.

the only thing I can think of is that people say my muscles have not fully developed(they see me as "too skinny").

I'm extremely thin and get the same problem, could be related.

Raccoon - i used to get them all the time too. When I finally started working with a personal trainer, he had me start taking Calcium, Magnesium and Pottassium. He said to take all three, b/c if you are deficient on more then one, the lack of the one will stop you from properly absorbing the other. He added some regular stretching as well, but the supplements made a HUGE difference for me. I now notice when I haven't been taking them, I'll start to get the cramps again in my legs and feet. ALso don't stretch with your toes pointed, it could trigger the cramps...

I get them on average every 28 days.

sounds like a nutrient deficiency...magnesium is what you would want to use...I would use it with calcium 2 to mag 1 ratio. Magnesium is widely used for muscle cramps and twitches of all kinds. It could also be too much salt...it can starve your muscles of their much needed water. My bet is magnesium though.