How much time do you spend on the internet each day? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How much time do you spend on the internet each day?

Tell us

• How long am I supposed to be working? That long

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
perusing various forums, researching... playing WoW...

hmmmm... never enough for me...

like this morning, i went from studying html codes to researching your own online business to job applications... chatted on skype... mapquesting this job fair... to working from home online...

*sigh*

... never enough hours in the day...

today so far: 11 something hours...

more or less some days...

... then i have those lapses when i just don't get online at all...

But you Guys used Words I don't know. Sleep? Food? What is THAT? o_O

They're the things others have to remind me to do else I kill myself through forgetful neglect :doh:

But MJ, those are legitimate reasons for bein' on the interwebs! You're job hunting, so that's a tax deduction, yup~! :D

Well... this IS the science math thread ^_^

T= time on internet
t = Time of day where 10pm is the local max
H = Homework factor
s = The "study" constant
W = will power
r = sleepiness
n = newness of things to look up or do on internet
y = stuff that needs to be done for work in internet

T=(sin(t)+1)(b^3)(n^2)arctan(y/2)/8HsW(ln(r))

and THAT determines how long I am on the internet for. :D

T= time on internet
t = Time of day where 10pm is the local max
H = Homework factor
s = The "study" constant
W = will power
r = sleepiness
n = newness of things to look up or do on internet
y = stuff that needs to be done for work in internet

T=(sin(t)+1)(b^3)(n^2)arctan(y/2)/8HsW(ln(r))

and THAT determines how long I am on the internet for. :D

ah, exactly 13hrs 29mins/day...

Time spent online? Way too much... I make an effort to get up, either to the barn, use my resistance bands, go to the a bookstore, or run errands to make sure I don't just rot.

And in actuality, the field of psychology does not use the term "addiction", its an impulse control disorder (thing). :m173:

I love my internet....I am on more than I should be but not as much as I want to be.

when i'm not working (just 2 days a week), or shopping, or spending time with my boyfriend, i'm on the internet.

i eat meals here occasionally too.

hey, how about a poll?

I'd say about 1 to 2 hours

it depends. I'm in vacations, so I spend most of my time in here (aprox 8 hours @.@). on weekends my parents start to annoy me so I'm only 2 or 3 hours.

If I am working, I'll spen d 8 hrs, then come home and top it off with another3-4 hours. Of my off days, more like 6.

jeez! Never thought about it before....

oohh probably a bit to long than I should work is slow and boring atm so I spend most of the time typing random questions that pop into my head in google. " Do they use batterys for the trains at sushi train?"

Far too long. My work computer is always connected...then I get home and surf the web from there as well. I am trying to untrain myself to use it at home (in favor of doing anything else -- cooking, reading, watching a movie) b/c I am not a big fan of technology in general....i think it has dehumanized us in a lot of ways and turned us ever more into cogs in the machine...

Last edited:
I'm not on very much, I just don't have the time... And, I spend all day on the computer at work (very limited access to internet), so I'd rather do something else when I get home.

Whenever I don't want to do other things... like getting grocery, cooking, washing the dishes, brushing my teeth, etc.

It's weird. It's like being online is default mode and everything else is just temporary. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

It's like when you're out. You're not home, and there's just a certain amount of time you can spend out until you have to get back again. (Well, at least for me. I can't recharge until I get back home.)
When I'm not at my computer, I'm not home, and as soon as I leave it, an internal clock starts counting down. God knows what happens if I let it count down all the way to zero.

It's sad, really.