How much time do you spend on the internet each day? | INFJ Forum

How much time do you spend on the internet each day?

Tell us

• How long am I supposed to be working? That long

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
Some days I'm on the internet for more time than what I use to sleep and eat. When I go without it, I feel incredibly disconnected and isolated. Perhaps my internet habits have reached the level of an addiction. I probably spend an average of 4-8 hours a day on the internet.

My laptop is never too far from me, so if I really want to, I can usually jump online whenever I want.

In reality, I don't get much time during the day to get online, most my browsing is done at night. On average, I probably spend 3 or 4 hours a day online.

I have the internet open in the background all day every day at work so about 10 hours there and I'll often jump on in evenings as well... guess my answer is lots :D

it's not so bad now compared to before ... it's "only" 6-10 hours a day :mcry:

God I don't know.

You mean the internet is supposed to be separate from my brain? :meyes:

when i'm not online, i'm thinking of being online!
:ml:

The answer to this is invariably "not enough," regardless of the actual amount of time. Let's see, there's sleep (-8hrs) and work (-6hrs) and eating and television and other random activities- though sometimes I do these while being online (-3hrs). So probably about six or seven hours a day :meyes::mD:

I have it in the background at work like Lurker, so all day.

I don't think we should feel guilty for spending time online, the net does have it's purpose and our thoughts are better explored than hidden away.. It doesnt mean you're gonna get married to the net, because life will bring you what you need when you need it, and right now internet friends are valuable (for me anyways) - without the internet, we'd prolly be controlled far more in the world than we are today... I have a HTC TyTnII Pocket PC phone w/ IE and outlook and my PC is always online. the net ain't far from my reach:)

Some days I'm on the internet for more time than what I use to sleep and eat. When I go without it, I feel incredibly disconnected and isolated. Perhaps my internet habits have reached the level of an addiction. I probably spend an average of 4-8 hours a day on the internet.

I, too, have the Internet addiction. I even consider my computer as one of my best friends.

All day, basically. I turn it on after feeding the dogs/cats in the morning, and turn it off when I go to bed at night.

Since we recussitated the old laptop, I often have both the downstairs and upstairs computers doing something.

I don't like to talk on the phone, I'm not terribly social in real life, I can go days, weeks without TV. I could probably even lose my TV altogether without trauma, but if the internet goes down for an hour, I feel stranded on a desert isle.

My husband and I met online in April 1996, married in May 1996, and for the first six months of our marriage were forcibly separated by an ocean, thanks to immigration laws. To be together, we spent all day online, and it's been interconnected with our daily lives ever since.

I don't consider being online itself as an addiction, though I have experienced addiction to some online activities (the first 2 years online on IRC, chatting; Runescape; etc.).

For us it's just a normal extension of our participation in the world.

maybe like 1-3 hours, but not everyday. I miss my laptop. *sobs*

<-- Internet junkie. I'm a serious time waster, yup.

INFJ forum... Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 3 Days 17 Hours 5 Minutes 35 Seconds.

This is MADNESS!

Madness--?

THIS...IS...SPARTA!

Ok, not really. But it is INFJs Forums...

Reactions: Lurker
Used to be over 16 hours of active online time outside of work.
Now 3 to 5... See Mom, I'm getting better....

::reminds himself he should be vaccuming::
:m080:

Hm, I am online all Day. Router is on all the Time and working. Hrhr.
Tho I am not online HERE all Day. Just because there is not enough to do for all Day. Not yet. =P

But you Guys used Words I don't know. Sleep? Food? What is THAT? o_O