How many more children need to die before the USA can have gun control? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

How many more children need to die before the USA can have gun control?

Nowadays, for younger people, do they have it so worse than I did?
If you were born in the United States between 1945 and 1960, the answer is almost certainly yes.

Said cohort was born into the greatest economy the world has ever seen. Said cohort possessed more wealth in total, and possessed it at an earlier age, than every generational cohort which followed.

Income inequality was the lowest it has ever been in the US. There was a wide and vibrant middle class.

Take a look here:

Consider the stagnation of US wages in contrast to the explosive cost of housing, healthcare, and school.

Add in the increasing rate of suicide, mass shootings, drug abuse, the dissolution of the nuclear family, percentage of children born to a single parent, and the death of the American Dream. Was it ever real?

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Asa and Rit4lin
The issue you are addressing is a serious problem. The drug issue has existed all along, though. It gets a lot of attention now. I don't see this as a liberal versus conservative problem. The Dems and Republicans are a wall of issues collaborating to make this country what it is. They are one united bickering circus, and the people suffer. A major problem is that the US lacks deep cultural roots (as a whole), and lacks a support system, and there is now little way anyone from the working class can achieve a meaningful... or even viable... life through honest work. It keeps getting worse every year. Why drugs? Because there is no reason to work an hourly (10+ hours a day, 5-7 days a week) job if you can't afford housing and groceries anyway. People who've played into the system feel disenfranchised and forgotten. Politicians pit us against each other. School curriculums are heavily biased and full of propaganda. Everyone argues about the truth.

It used to be that if white men played their cards right, they could live the American Dream. That wasn't available to most other people in the US, except via tokenism. Now, the American Dream isn't available to anyone except the wealthy. We're still taught that hard work will be rewarded, but that isn't the case. There is no reward. The reward is going home and watching poorly made straight-to-Netflix movies. It's hopeless.
Libs here have tried several times, and it's just a matter of time, to get a law passed that will allow possessing a little bit of hard drugs legal. LOL. What drug user uses only a little bit?

They've already made it okay not to work. I'm sitting here shaking my head..... If one worked and the job ended one got unemployment, which is based on a livable wage, state paid health insurance. When the unemployment runs out, one goes on disability. They hand out cells phones, pay for internet, power, heat. If you have a car and it needs work "sure get it fixed, we'll pay for it. After all you need it to find work (LOLOLOL) and get food, etc. . "

The biggest industry in this area is low income housing. If you rent out apartments the state sends you the rent. If you need improvements made there are grants. Taxes? 10% of the assessed value is taken off.

It's all a sad freakin joke. We're becoming a government dependent 3rd world country. My forefathers that risked their lives for this country are rolling over in their graves. Discusting.

They've already made it okay not to work. I'm sitting here shaking my head..... If one worked and the job ended one got unemployment, which is based on a livable wage, state paid health insurance. When the unemployment runs out, one goes on disability. They hand out cells phones, pay for internet, power, heat. If you have a car and it needs work "sure get it fixed, we'll pay for it. After all you need it to find work (LOLOLOL) and get food, etc. . "

The biggest industry in this area is low income housing. If you rent out apartments the state sends you the rent. If you need improvements made there are grants. Taxes? 10% of the assessed value is taken off.

It's all a sad freakin joke. We're becoming a government dependent 3rd world country. My forefathers that risked their lives for this country are rolling over in their graves. Discusting.
Speaking as someone who is disabled, and currently homeless, living in my car, do you think you could hook me up with this gravy train you speak of?

Thanks Bro,
Ian

Reactions: Rit4lin
Speaking as someone who is disabled, and currently homeless, living in my car, do you think you could hook me up with this gravy train you speak of?

Thanks Bro,
Ian
Move to Vermont. Everything gets covered with liberal (pun intended) amounts of gravy.

Reactions: aeon
Was it ever real?

This isn't group therapy by any means. I was raised being told I could do anything in this world I wanted to do. What were you told and taught?
What are they teaching now?

I was raised being told I could do anything in this world I wanted to do. What were you told and taught?
I had many teachers and I was taught many things. As years passed, I came to understand that many things I learned could be understood in a different, and more forgiving, way.

I was told what I could be, and what I should be. No one ever asked what I was interested in, or wanted. Not that anyone would have listened, or cared, had I shared.

What are they teaching now?
All sorts of things, same as ever, for better and for worse. My sense is that the majority of it is akin to watching a slow motion car pileup, but no matter, as my opinion is of no consequence.

Personally, I never had to worry anout it, inasmuch as I am child-free. My sister is as well. We both had, and have, the perspective that the best way to break the chain of familial trauma and violence was to insure that family ended with us.

One cannot beat, starve, or fuck a child which does not exist. Small mercies, that.

Best,
Ian

Told my Mother, the buck stops here. She was wonderful, though married to a Father who had problems we all felt.
Once divorced and remarried, he must have gotten help.

Gun control? Read some history.

England tried to disarm colonists in North America to prevent them from being able to revolt due to new taxes to pay for the Seven Years War. After the Revolution, the creation of the U.S. Constitution and the Amendments. There is a reason why the 2nd Amendment is the 2nd.
Great Britain did try to confiscated the fire arms of the colonists in Massachusetts. And Great Britain did levy taxes on the American colonies to pay for the Seven years war without allowing the colonies to have representation in the British Parliament. The colonists did raise and army and fight a successful rebellion with the aid of a major European power. The Americans who wrote the bill of rights were concerned with many things which brought on the second amendment other than the possibility that their new government would have to be overthrown violently. There was also a large population of Indigenous people that were slated for genocide and another large population of African Slaves that had to be violently kept in chains.

One of the first things Hitler did was to disarm his country. It was all down hill from there.
This is a much repeated fallacy.

More recently....and very briefly mentioned in the media...Czech Republic...they had no firearms to fight the Russians, they were illegal to own....WE supplied them.
Czechoslovakia did rebel against their Soviet oppressors and were brutally crushed in 1968.
in 1989 the people of Czechoslovakia peacefully overthrew their communist government.
The problem is the overwhelmingly ever increasing lack of respect of fellow human beings. It's in the news every single day. Criminals get caught, dragged into the courts, and let off to do it again and repeat.... I have read of people with up to 22 felony convictions being arrested for yet another visit to court. "Don't do it again" is coming quite popular in modern society.
This is certainly a problem. Private ownership of firearms for personal protection from armed criminals is a strong argument for gun ownership.

The ultra liberal media is controlling how the population thinks and coming up with their own daffynitions. Such as "assualt weapons". Modern thinking, thanks to the media, has a semi-automatic rifle as an assult weapon. Our soldiers do not go into battle with a semi-automatic rifle. They are or are capable of full auto. SOme are belt fed. So how did a semi-automatic rifle become an "assualt weapon"? The media.
If the media really was "ultra liberal" then we would see headlines every day saying "Known Insurrectionist Fraudster poised to take control of the Government"
Semi automatic rifles can fire 45 rounds in 60 seconds, they are not machine guns but you would be foolish to think that well trained militia could not launch and effective assault with them.

The media will also put forth any type of shooting on the news. And hash it to the bitter end. If they can they'll interview the sick individuals preschool teacher......Rather than giving the whacko what he/she/it is looking for... a name in history....they should be totally ignored. One shooting happens, the media dramitizes it and another happens within days. What would happen if they were ignored?
If it bleeds it leads, this is more an indictment of capitalism in journalism then liberal ideology

The person in Maine was almost screaming for help. The system ignored him as it do to many others.
and where, exactly, could that help come from? a typical township will spend $1 on mental health services for every $100 on police

We've become a society that says it's okay to be bad,,,,,until it goes too far. Then it's "why did this happen, we have to do something", then some professional poltickian gets another useless feel good law passed.
feel good laws like the assault weapons ban [expired], anti bump stock legislation, the Violence Against Women Act, various attempts to temporarily remove firearms from demonstrably insane individuals....
How do we get away from this? It doesn't take a village to raise a kid. It takes 2 parents that give a damn. Allow parents a slap their kid for doing wrong on the ass went needed. I was and I did. I'm still here. I've never been arrested. I'm a productive member of society. Make the parents responsible for what the kids do. Make the kid responsible for what they did.
advocacy for slapping children is poor parenting advice.
A firearm is a tool. So aren't screwdrivers, pencils, box cutters, knives, diesel fuel and fertilizer............... Take away one, there is another.
An individual spouting an ill informed opinion on a divisive and life threatening topic is also a tool.
The largest mass murder wasn't done with a firearm.
Are you referring to the Chicxulub impact event?

quoted...The Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ released a statement saying: "Access to guns and the systematic murder of six million Jews have no basis for comparison in the United States or in New Jersey. The Holocaust has no place in this discussion and it is offensive to link this tragedy to such a debate." I agree. The Jews and others were not armed well enough to stand against the Third Reich. In war, it is typical to stop the flow of weapons into enemy hands and destroy what they do have. Leave them be.

The Velvet Revolution is quite a piece of history. No more Berlin Wall, November Rain, Fifty-Year remembrances, end of the Communist hold and eventual change from control to market economy, unemployment checks and a minimum wage. What does guns have to do with all this?

Who would argue with the rights to protect ourselves? 1699755701386.gif

Does launching an offensive make something used assault weapons? Guess everyone in Prague was assault weapons.

To remove guns from insane people, just trade them drugs for their guns. sarcasm

Last edited:
quoted...The Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ released a statement saying: "Access to guns and the systematic murder of six million Jews have no basis for comparison in the United States or in New Jersey. The Holocaust has no place in this discussion and it is offensive to link this tragedy to such a debate." I agree. The Jews and others were not armed well enough to stand against the Third Reich. In war, it is typical to stop the flow of weapons into enemy hands and destroy what they do have. Leave them be.

The Velvet Revolution is quite a piece of history. No more Berlin Wall, November Rain, Fifty-Year remembrances, end of the Communist hold and eventual change from control to market economy, unemployment checks and a minimum wage. What does guns have to do with all this?

Militias should have the right to bear arms, semi-auto or full-auto, single shot, whatever. If our government ever goes really astray, they will have the use of OUR military and arms, LE, and everything one could think about...until those same people realized what was going on. In the absence of our government, the military shall rule. They will help us find people who are not greedy and selfish.

I was on a website late last night or early this morning where there was a statement about all the fighting and bickering going on in our government. After reading all the comments, I surmised they would be arguing and bickering, too, maybe without the corruption at first. A team with all the same mind will win time and time again.

Salaries for the rest of their lives matching what they are paid now? Those millions could go a long way. Many of us do not have such a luxury. I do not. Think to have been thanked twice in your life for your help! Unofficially, of course. Two more times than not.