How does your intuition work? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How does your intuition work?

How does your intuition work?

• Total voters
It's always on for me. The level to how well it is working though changes.

It's a spiritual thing for me...

My intuition is there all the time, I live in a state where whenever I'm around people, I can sense their mood and somewhat / somehow what is going on for them and kinda how and who they are as it filters through to my energy field so easily.

I have described it as something like listening to a song. The song may change your mood somehow as something about it creates a feeling inside of you as you listen to it. The same happens to me when I'm around people. Sometimes it's overwealming for me and quite exsausting. It's like an emotional filter that is very open and I can experience that person or persons somewhat.

I like it somehow though, it has helped me determine who is who and I am usually right. It has kept me safe from harm on many occasions, and I have been better able to determine who is trustworthy and who is not... plus I can tell how others feel about me when I'm around them.

It is especially useful at work when I'm around dementia patients. In Uni, my prof said that she knew I'd be good at working with dementia patients because she saw I could "feel people". She was an awsome prof. and she made me feel more confident with my career choice being suitable for me.

Wonderful post Ria. I feel the same away about feeling people and sensing their energy fields. I hate that I am easily affected by it. however, I do wish i can open my third eye and be able to see people's auras in color.

Growing up with an emotionally unavailable parent heightened this skill even more. now I am thinking about using this skill positively in areas of career but I am careful to not overload myself with others energy to a point of being paralyzed by them. it is a strange skill that definitely works in conjunction with intuition. I do wish I can grow it even more so I can always have mental clarify reinforced by intuitive knowing...but alas...it is not so easy:m119:

Wow Ria, I'm afraid you're going to peel me like an onion....LOL! Seriously, I exude a lot of Fe, so any NF types should be able to read me.

How does mine work? That's something I've though about a lot since I've gotten into the MBTI world. I always knew it was there, but never knew what to call it (who ever heard of "mens" intuition?)! I didn't trust it for so long and fought it. I am also a thinker and have a pretty decent IQ, so that part of my brain was always pushing back.

My Ni works on a very sub-conscious level. I can do very interesting things in my sleep. I write sometimes in it, wake up in the morning and take some dictation. Sometimes, I can give myself a problem to sleep on knowing I will probably find the answer "pop" into my head the next day. I often have answers pop into my head that I know I've been processing for days in my sub-conscious.So, that is one level it works on/at/with.

I made the onion comment on purpose too, because I don't think my Ni (or anyones) works on just one level. Yes, like Ria, I also think there is a spiritul level that it works on too. That is where the "just knowing things" that you shouldn't comes into play. Things like....I knew what sex every one of my kids was going to be before they were born (and yes before the ultra-sound). Fifty-fifty chance you say, on all four??? And I mean I KNEW. No doubts at all.

So there is that level too. I am still trying to understand that level more, but it's there. Fact is indeed stranger than fiction.

I adore this thread, and I expect I'm voting for all of the top three options.

Me too^
A lot of interesting responses...

At the moment I haven't really used it in a way where I command it when I like... I seem to get mixed up if it's my mind or my intuition speaking.

Mine functions more like inspiration --where I get a sudden unexpected eureka! out of the blue. But I would like to be able to command it when I like
Wonderful post Ria. I feel the same away about feeling people and sensing their energy fields. I hate that I am easily affected by it. however, I do wish i can open my third eye and be able to see people's auras in color.

Growing up with an emotionally unavailable parent heightened this skill even more. now I am thinking about using this skill positively in areas of career but I am careful to not overload myself with others energy to a point of being paralyzed by them. it is a strange skill that definitely works in conjunction with intuition. I do wish I can grow it even more so I can always have mental clarify reinforced by intuitive knowing...but alas...it is not so easy:m119:
I realise I'm affected by energy too... I seem to gravitate towards people who have strong energy. A good foot hold on the ground. I used to think it was because they were geniuses or talented, but I always talked to them before I even knew them. But I've learned not to follow it so much because it doesn't mean they are kind people... on the contrary has actually happened XD
where their professional work is so great yet as persons, they are quite vile and energy-sucking...

Also responding to your earlier post, I think my intuition is in the body too
I've had some experiences where my body is reacting unusually before I can even think about what is going on. It's only much later on when situations become clear that I realise what's going on and then I remember how I was acting in the beginning...

I chose the first option. sometimes I realize it is "turned on", and sometimes I'm too absorbed in other things to pay very much attention to it @-@.
But, Um, intuition seems to work in several different ways for me.
For one, it allows to predict other people's actions. It's like I can be one or a couple steps of some people all the time even if they themselves don't realize what they feel yet?
It also helps me to adjust to people. I know when I need to say a certain thing and when to not say anything. For that reason, I've had more and more people confide in me, I suppose.
At times, I get a burst of brilliance and inspiration from my intuition too. I love those moments ^-^. If there is any way to cultivate that aspect further..

I'm sure I'm missing something..there's more I would like to say...but I can't put it into words

I think we call it intuition, when the brain does highly intelligent work subconsciously. It's easy to believe that some part of the brain makes your heart go all the time, in the background, but it's harder to imagine differential equations being solved the same way. Nevertheless, it exists, you can do it. When you focus too much on some information, it sticks, and it can reappear or be processed while you sleep, or while you do something repetitive. That's why I love repetitive patterns occasionally, they make me relaxed, and unlock my intuition.

I'm not sure exactly what is consciousness, but it's not always good for your problem solving. Especially if it's a very non-standard creative task. You need to get away from your "self", to become one with the problem itself.

I've noticed it also in sports and in playing music. There are moments when reality disappears. You forget about time, you are unaware, almost asleep (hey, no drugs here, you can do this on your own), and then your body just does what it's supposed to do, perfectly. Well, the brain also needs this to be on the top of its creativity.

In short, N = integrated S. Most of the data was gathered sequentially, and then was reorganized to become a web, which sparks direct answers "out of nowhere"; without the "proper" line of reasoning.

Very intuitive people are faster on problems, and worse in explanations. The others won't be able to follow their argumentation.

Me too^
A lot of interesting responses...

At the moment I haven't really used it in a way where I command it when I like... I seem to get mixed up if it's my mind or my intuition speaking.

Mine functions more like inspiration --where I get a sudden unexpected eureka! out of the blue. But I would like to be able to command it when I like

I realise I'm affected by energy too... I seem to gravitate towards people who have strong energy. A good foot hold on the ground. I used to think it was because they were geniuses or talented, but I always talked to them before I even knew them. But I've learned not to follow it so much because it doesn't mean they are kind people... on the contrary has actually happened XD
where their professional work is so great yet as persons, they are quite vile and energy-sucking...

Also responding to your earlier post, I think my intuition is in the body too
I've had some experiences where my body is reacting unusually before I can even think about what is going on. It's only much later on when situations become clear that I realise what's going on and then I remember how I was acting in the beginning...

here is a great link on understanding and enhancing one's intuition.

http://takingcharge.csh.umn.edu/exp...uition-healthcare/how-does-intuition-speak-me

It's like one of those invisible programs running in the background on your desktop. It's always on, but I'm not conscious of it. I don't wake up in the morning and put on my intuition cap.

And it really is hard to explain. It's just there. With its feet up, smoking a pipe, throwing out observations and the proverbial wrench into everything else my more rational brain is processing. And I think my reason begrudges it. Intuition is the equivalent of the brilliant slacker; it doesn't need complicated logical equations or column a or column b situations. It goes straight to the solution.

Just got to be careful not to mix it up with wishful thinking.

It's like one of those invisible programs running in the background on your desktop. It's always on, but I'm not conscious of it. I don't wake up in the morning and put on my intuition cap.

And it really is hard to explain. It's just there. With its feet up, smoking a pipe, throwing out observations and the proverbial wrench into everything else my more rational brain is processing. And I think my reason begrudges it. Intuition is the equivalent of the brilliant slacker; it doesn't need complicated logical equations or column a or column b situations. It goes straight to the solution.

Just got to be careful not to mix it up with wishful thinking.
So true. it's up to us to listen to the background music or just go straight to whatever is in our faces at the time. It has been noted that when we just wake up from a sleepy haze; whatever thought/feeling is experienced right after we wake up or waking up is intuition at work. perhaps even a message from the subconscious.

Sometimes I ask a question before going to bed and in the morning I take my time getting up. Because I am trying to capture the feeling/thought that I am experiencing as soon as I wake up. Most of the time it is a good/bad feeling about the question I asked the night before.

Mine can be a blessing and a curse. Its always on and always with me. It sucks already knowing what the day is going to bring before it starts. On the plus side I always know where the cops are running radar. In school I was always able to uncannily predict fist fights and/or food fights. The best days are the ones that catch you off guard. When you know its going to be a turd but it turns out to be a golden egg instead.