How does one deal with a country supported by drug $$? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How does one deal with a country supported by drug $$?

Your interpretation of Muslim society is so offensive, that even someone like me who has a general disdain for all religion is offended. I'm guessing your 'intelligence reports" must come from FOX News.

Do you think Muslim society will allow drug legalization and homosexual marriage? That was not in my Fox reports.

I would say that heroin is a little more severe than alcohol. However, if you are a drinker and a smoker, then you have a heroin addict beat hands down.

Agreed.

Hmm (another thought): I wonder if certain personality types have a greater propensity for certain drugs based on their preferred processes. I think we sort of touched on this before in another thread, but I could see a Sensor being highly addicted to something that affected his mind (to balance his/her senses) and an Intuitive being highly addicted to something that controlled his body (to balance his/her intuition).

Hmm (another thought): I wonder if certain personality types have a greater propensity for certain drugs based on their preferred processes. I think we sort of touched on this before in another thread, but I could see a Sensor being highly addicted to something that affected his mind (to balance his/her senses) and an Intuitive being highly addicted to something that controlled his body (to balance his/her intuition).
I've actually noticed the exact opposite.

Sensors tend to enjoy things that feel good(IE: Alcohol, prescription pills, amphetamines); intuitives tend to enjoy things that increase their intuition even more(IE: Psychedelics). That isn't to say that a sensor wouldn't enjoy a psychedelic or vice versa though.

Another thing that I've noticed is the different effects of psychedelics on different types. Where I get more mindfuck out of LSD and hardly any visuals, sensors seem to get MUCH better visuals than I do, with hardly any mindfuck at all. Where I'm out of my skull and playing with ideas in my mind, sensors have a tendency to enjoy the visual aspects much more.

People aren't looking for balance when they do a substance. They're looking for something that tantalizes what they use more. :3

I've actually noticed the exact opposite.

Sensors tend to enjoy things that feel good(IE: Alcohol, prescription pills, amphetamines); intuitives tend to enjoy things that increase their intuition even more(IE: Psychedelics). That isn't to say that a sensor wouldn't enjoy a psychedelic or vice versa though.

Another thing that I've noticed is the different effects of psychedelics on different types. Where I get more mindfuck out of LSD and hardly any visuals, sensors seem to get MUCH better visuals than I do, with hardly any mindfuck at all. Where I'm out of my skull and playing with ideas in my mind, sensors have a tendency to enjoy the visual aspects much more.

People aren't looking for balance when they do a substance. They're looking for something that tantalizes what they use more. :3

Lol - that's true, they do want too much of a good thing...I guess that's what makes them addictive, too. I wonder if that's another reason why alcohol and prescription pills have such a high rate of abuse and incidents? Because the general population (sensors) would use them?

Heh. We could start classifying MBTI based on drugs. If you're happier on X drug, then you're an X MBTI type...

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

You have to remember, it's a chemical acting in the brain/nervous system to produce a desired effect. Chemical addiction and withdrawals are caused because of the body's NEED for a specific chemical. The lack thereof causes withdrawal symptoms.

We also have to keep in mind that there are many drugs that are neither chemically nor psychologically addicting.

Do you think Muslim society will allow drug legalization and homosexual marriage? That was not in my Fox reports.

It depends upon the kind of Muslim society, just as it depends upon the kind of Christian society. People forget that countries like Norway and Sweden have no separation of their respective Lutheran churches and their states, but they are among the first to legalize homosexual marriage, whereas a heavy LDS state like Utah would probably be the last to do something of the sort. Just as with Christianity, there are many different types and degrees of Islam, some of which would be more lenient toward the idea of legalizing drugs and same sex marriage and others that would not.

Last edited:
We also have to keep in mind that there are many drugs that are neither chemically nor psychologically addicting.

Anything and everything can become psychologically addicting.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

You have to remember, it's a chemical acting in the brain/nervous system to produce a desired effect. Chemical addiction and withdrawals are caused because of the body's NEED for a specific chemical. The lack thereof causes withdrawal symptoms.

I was (mostly) kidding on that front, really...you can't type a person based on their chemical dependency, but it would be an interesting chart to see if certain folks have a tendency to certain drugs, and then see if their MBTI correlates. It could be a possible predictor of behavior.

But I thought the very definition of a drug was to create an affect in the body that isn't naturally occurring (whether for good or for ill). Are you saying that some drugs do not have a chemical or psychological effect? Which ones do this, in your opinion?

The Taliban and Sharia Law would most likely prevail in Afghanistan if the US were to pull out. Their influence in Pakistan will eventually, if left unchecked, take control of nuclear weapons...I feel. By stating these facts I am not showing disdain for Islam. The whole discussion was based on what would happen there. That is what I see happening if the US were to even legalize drug use; no change in what I see happening. Pakistan was caught proliferating nuclear technology and even parts to the rest of the Muslim world that was open to it. Parts of the Islamic nuclear weapon were being produced all over the world. It all adds up to a nuclear weapon's exploding in America and Israel one day. They have made us their enemies. We did not make them ours. Those are my predictions. Predictions are subject to change as time changes other things. I do have a serious problem with militant radical Islam, and there are more on that side of the coin than meets the eye. Yasser Arafat was one to smile and stab, shake hands and take. There are more of him out there than you should wish to know. Radical Islam advocates the destruction of infidels at all costs, even their own life if need be.
My grievance with our society as it is currently is its lack of vision. If I know a dog is going to bite me, it does not mean I am against dogs. Some dogs bite and some do not. We are playing with fire and the rest of the world wants to look the other way. I feel strongly it may lead to the destruction of what we know as the free world we live in. Enjoy it while you can. When radical militant Islam comes knocking on your door don't say you were not given notice. Today Iran made known a new plant at Isfahan for plutonium manufacture that will place Arak in fast forward with uranium enrichment. Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:
Anything and everything can become psychologically addicting.
Disregard that statement. I misspoke... Er, mistyped. You get the point.

I was (mostly) kidding on that front, really...you can't type a person based on their chemical dependency, but it would be an interesting chart to see if certain folks have a tendency to certain drugs, and then see if their MBTI correlates. It could be a possible predictor of behavior.

But I thought the very definition of a drug was to create an affect in the body that isn't naturally occurring (whether for good or for ill). Are you saying that some drugs do not have a chemical or psychological effect? Which ones do this, in your opinion?
I like how I fuck up once and two people jump on me like God on Saddam.
Chill guys. It was a temporarily lapse of logic and I accidentally misworded something.

Lemme rephrase that: Not all drugs are chemically addicting.

The discussion seems to be concerned with drugs and their legalization and which drugs, legal or not, are more addicting, but the deeper question is: why do people use the drugs in the first place?
There would be no legalization discussion if there was no drug abuse, but these drugs, and their abuse, exist because there are people who want them.
Why do they want them?

Are there inherent problems with our societies or factors within a person which induce people to seek drugs in order to escape or deny these problems?
These drugs exist, and are abused, solely because there is a demand for them.
What induces this demand?
Why do people need them?

These drugs are neutral. Drugs do not induce people to take them, there has to be deeper root factors which need to be addressed.
Discover the roots and resolve them, then the questions of legalisation and addiction disappear. Legalising drugs resolves nothing. Countries spend countless funds on tryng to eliminate drugs, when what should be done is to eliminate the need for these drugs.
Drugs are not the problem, people are the problem.
Resolve the problem, not the results of the problem.

Reactions: arbygil
The discussion seems to be concerned with drugs and their legalization and which drugs, legal or not, are more addicting, but the deeper question is: why do people use the drugs in the first place?

These are my thoughts, and I was going to post an article on just this, but thought better of it. Since you bring it up, I'll post it anyways.

The Globalization of Addiction

Yes, I'm a lazy poster. Shoot me.

Disregard that statement. I misspoke... Er, mistyped. You get the point.

I like how I fuck up once and two people jump on me like God on Saddam.
Chill guys. It was a temporarily lapse of logic and I accidentally misworded something.

Lemme rephrase that: Not all drugs are chemically addicting.

Oh, I'm not mad! I was just curious. I agree with you, that some drugs are chemically addicting and some aren't. I think marijuana would fit in that example you stated. Alcohol is one of the most addictive drugs of all (psychologically and physically).

There would be no legalization discussion if there was no drug abuse, but these drugs, and their abuse, exist because there are people who want them.
Why do they want them?

Are there inherent problems with our societies or factors within a person which induce people to seek drugs in order to escape or deny these problems?
These drugs exist, and are abused, solely because there is a demand for them.
What induces this demand?
Why do people need them?

These drugs are neutral. Drugs do not induce people to take them, there has to be deeper root factors which need to be addressed.
Discover the roots and resolve them, then the questions of legalisation and addiction disappear. Legalising drugs resolves nothing. Countries spend countless funds on tryng to eliminate drugs, when what should be done is to eliminate the need for these drugs.
Drugs are not the problem, people are the problem.
Resolve the problem, not the results of the problem.

Exactly - well said. And that's the entire point: Take away the "need," and you've solved the problem. Doing so, however, is a whole 'nother can of worms.

These are my thoughts, and I was going to post an article on just this, but thought better of it. Since you bring it up, I'll post it anyways.

The Globalization of Addiction

Yes, I'm a lazy poster. Shoot me.
Very good article.
These parts struck me the most...

[...]that the root cause of addiction was not so much the pharmacology of these particular drugs as the environmental stressors with which his addicts were trying to cope.
A colony of rats, who are naturally gregarious, were allowed to roam together in a large vivarium enriched with wheels, balls and other playthings, on a deep bed of aromatic cedar shavings and with plenty of space for breeding and private interactions. Pleasant woodland vistas were even painted on the surrounding walls. In this situation, the rats' responses to drugs such as opiates were transformed. They no longer showed interest in pressing levers for rewards of morphine: even if forcibly addicted, they would suffer withdrawals rather than maintaining their dependence.
The root causes of addiction, then, must run deeper than any individual pathology: they must be sought in a larger story of cultural malaise and 'poverty of the spirit' that forces individuals, often en masse, into desperate and dysfunctional coping strategies.
The book is here: The Globalisation of Addiction.

...'nuff said.