How does one deal with a country supported by drug $$? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How does one deal with a country supported by drug $$?

....because we're talking about different levels of addiction.

....because we're talking about different levels of addiction.

Do you believe that the government should outlaw the use of all substances capable of causing a certain level of addiction and above?

What are the figures based on? Do they account for the consumption of moonshine?

Why not?
Different drugs. You can't compare drugs to eachother or users to eachother. Everyone and all of these chemicals are different; whether you think so or not.

What are the figures based on? Do they account for the consumption of moonshine?

I'm not sure. Most sources I've seen simply indicate that alcohol consumption rose to record highs during Prohibition and had tempered off considerably by a decade later.

Just provide an MSDS with every chemically created product and let people remove themselves from the genepool.

Different drugs. You can't compare drugs to eachother or users to eachother. Everyone and all of these chemicals are different; whether you think so or not.

The laws of economics don't change. A commodity is a commodity, whether it is alcohol, pillow cases, or heroin. If there is a demand for it as a result of prohibition then the price will increase.

I'm not sure. Most sources I've seen simply indicate that alcohol consumption rose to record highs during Prohibition and had tempered off considerably by a decade later.
And you're sure that was consumption, and not the price or the money spent on it?

Besides weed, what else is considered a "soft" drug?

The laws of economics don't change. A commodity is a commodity, whether it is alcohol, pillow cases, or heroin. If there is a demand for it as a result of prohibition then the price will increase.

No satya. I'm afraid it's not like that. I may get you drunk every day, and one day you may get bored and be disgusted, and never drink alcohol again, same with soft drugs. If I inject you with heroin, you'll either come back asking for more, or you will die if not immediately treated, or you won't be satya any more, but someone else, probably worse. And even if you're treated, you could go back. It's chemistry. It's in your brain, in your blood, it's everywhere.

I'm sorry, this conversation is extremely painful for me. Forgive me, but I would like to avoid posting anything else. I'm really sorry for walking away but I can't take it. My eyes have seen things that they shoudnlt have.

Besides weed, what else is considered a "soft" drug?
LSD, psilocybe mushrooms, ecstasy can be considered a "Soft drug", dimethyltryptamine, most psychedelics are considered soft drugs. Low addiction rates and no physical harm.

Edit: Heroin=/=Soft drug

No satya. I'm afraid it's not like that. I may get you drunk every day, and one day you may get bored and be disgusted, and never drink alcohol again, same with soft drugs. If I inject you with heroin, you'll either come back asking for more, or you will die if not immediately treated, or you won't be satya any more, but someone else, probably worse. And even if you're treated, you could go back. It's chemistry. It's in your brain, in your blood, it's everywhere.

You have demonized heroin into some sort of super drug. Nictoine has a higher dependence than heroin. Alcohol has more severe withdrawal symptoms than heroin. Using you logic, I could argue with cigarettes that if I can get you to smoke just one then perhaps you will end up with lung cancer and die or you will get addicted and come back for more. Heroin is dangerous because it is easy to develop a tolerance and then you need higher and higher doses to get the same effect until you overdose.

drugs.gif

Last edited:
I dunno, Satya...I'd say alcohol and heroin are sort of neck and neck. Withdrawal from alcohol can kill you without treatment, but this is contingent on how dependent you are on it. But heroin has a greater chance of dependence, which means you're not gonna break that habit any time soon...even if your life falls apart. Heroin becomes the most important thing ever. But if you try to go dry with alcohol you hate those withdrawal symptoms so much that you're willing to go back to that very thing that can kill you - just to avoid withdrawal.

It all comes down to which has the greater power over you: Your mind, or your body?

just me, that is utter and complete bull. Sharia courts punish drug offenders.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...Group-Lashkar-e-Islam/Article/200903415248317

Clearly you don't.

Yes. America is the world's largest consumer of illicit drugs. It would be devastating to the illicit drug market if drugs were legalized here.

Yes. The money to finance them would dry up since the price of the illicit drugs would crash.

Yes.

I would call it common sense. Anyone with the slightest hint of economic comprehension could figure it out. Where the "high hopes" are, are with the people who believe any good can come from criminalizing these substances when the evidence right in front of our eyes indicates otherwise.

I would like to share my thoughts. Many here want to have drugs legalized, but I do not. You have your reasons, I have mine. Taliban will never legalize drug use. Taliban makes millions annually off of the drug trade. Taliban hopes America legalizes drugs. They want to see America under the influence of drugs because they hate us. People will continue to fight over the control of the finances from drugs as long as they exist, whether legal or not. Oil is legal, and we blame many atrocities in the world on the fight for control of oil....do we not? Same as most any other cash crop. The black market for drugs will not be stopped by legalization of drug use in America. Control could help send opiates to medicinal facilities around the globe for morphine-type drugs in the use of the medical field. I want a clear mind, but that is me.
If we leave Afghanistan, what will be the blowback? What will become of Pakistan's over-fifty nuclear warheads?
Control of a drug cash crop like heroin and opium is a tantamount situation. Militaries are made from the money in little corners of the world. Governments are corrupted. Legalization may change nothing more than America.
I hate to see the constant bashing of morals and ethics in most any thread. It is clear there is a spiritual war being fought over morals and ethics. Research into history may reveal more about why America was founded and what it was based on, but one would have to look past Darwin's Theory of Evolution. We can change all we want in our books to influence those being brought up. Facts will always remain facts and there will always be those in search of truth.
Is the general consensus here to leave Afghanistan to others to take control of the cash crop and send it our way through narcoterrorism?
I can accept the fact America has a mudslide going on. All these things must happen. Where does that leave people like myself? Where is all the sympathy, empathy, and compassion so shared regarding that? I do find joy to have found such an all-involving subject so many folk are so emotional over.

Last edited:
I dunno, Satya...I'd say alcohol and heroin are sort of neck and neck. Withdrawal from alcohol can kill you without treatment, but this is contingent on how dependent you are on it. But heroin has a greater chance of dependence, which means you're not gonna break that habit any time soon...even if your life falls apart. Heroin becomes the most important thing ever. But if you try to go dry with alcohol you hate those withdrawal symptoms so much that you're willing to go back to that very thing that can kill you - just to avoid withdrawal.

I would say that heroin is a little more severe than alcohol. However, if you are a drinker and a smoker, then you have a heroin addict beat hands down.

It all comes down to which has the greater power over you: Your mind, or your body?

Agreed.

I would like to share my thoughts. Many here want to have drugs legalized, but I do not. You have your reasons, I have mine. Taliban will never legalize drug use. Taliban makes millions annually off of the drug trade. Taliban hopes America legalizes drugs. They want to see America under the influence of drugs because they hate us. People will continue to fight over the control of the finances from drugs as long as they exist, whether legal or not. Oil is legal, and we blame many atrocities in the world on the fight for control of oil....do we not? Same as most any other cash crop. The black market for drugs will not be stopped by legalization of drug use in America. Control could help send opiates to medicinal facilities around the globe for morphine-type drugs in the use of the medical field. I want a clear mind, but that is me.
If we leave Afghanistan, what will be the blowback? What will become of Pakistan's over-fifty nuclear warheads?
Control of a drug cash crop like heroin and opium is a tantamount situation. Militaries are made from the money in little corners of the world. Governments are corrupted. Legalization may change nothing more than America.
I hate to see the constant bashing of morals and ethics in most any thread. It is clear there is a spiritual war being fought over morals and ethics. Research into history may reveal more about why America was founded and what it was based on, but one would have to look past Darwin's Theory of Evolution. We can change all we want in our books to influence those being brought up. Facts will always remain facts and there will always be those in search of truth.
Is the general consensus here to leave Afghanistan to others to take control of the cash crop and send it our way through narcoterrorism?
I can accept the fact America has a mudslide going on. All these things must happen. Where does that leave people like myself? Where is all the sympathy, empathy, and compassion so shared regarding that?

Um...actually the Taliban was fighting the drug trade. Our invasion into Afghanistan and our unseating of the Taliban is what has caused the extraordinary increase in the drug trade. JM, you seem willfully unaware of the facts about this issue.

Last edited:
Um...actually the Taliban was fighting the drug trade. Our invastion into Afgahnistan and our unseating of the Taliban is what has caused the extraordinary increase in the drug trade. JM, you seem willfully unaware of the facts about this issue.

Satya, They were fighting for control. I am so unaware I must be wrong, though, as I have had a tendency over the years to not review intelligence reports regarding issues that have had such high importance toward our National Security.

Satya, They were fighting for control. I am so unaware I must be wrong, though, as I have had a tendency over the years to not review intelligence reports regarding issues that have had such high importance toward our National Security.

Your interpretation of Muslim society is so offensive, that even someone like me who has a general disdain for all religion is offended. I'm guessing your 'intelligence reports" must come from FOX News.