How Does Cannabis Affect the Types? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How Does Cannabis Affect the Types?

I've never smoked pot, nor a cigarette, my entire life. I never will because I have asthma and breathing smoke into my lungs would be unwise. However, I have been people when smoking pot, such as concerts and once at a party in college, and I could feel its affect on me. Sometimes I struggle with motivation and I doubt that consuming pot in any way, shape, or form will solve that problem :)

With that said, I could care less if it was legal or not, as long as my rights to not consume it are respected.

Im certainly not refusing to look for anything. I have read articles on both side of the argument. And then of course I have my own real word experience to go on as well. I simply dont spend as much time researching it one way or the other as I do on other things. Dont think that pharmaceutical companies arent doing research on it though. The second they think they can turn a profit, watch it become legalized. The second the government thinks theres more money to be made letting it be sold, watch it become legalized. The ONLY reason it has not yet it because no one can rule out the potential health risks associated with it.

You cannot patent something that grows naturally...you can patent strains...you can patent extracts...you can patent GMOs...but not your run of the mill weed....not that there is anything really stopping you from growing your own of the former if you so wanted to.
It’s all about the money.
They don’t care about health risks when something is profitable to them....lololololololol.....oh man! That’s a good one!

Last edited:
The Food Inc movie came out in 2008, that is when the public became aware of how our food is grown and what they put in that food we eat. Earlier this year, THIS YEAR, the FDA made a statement, the just of it –what the public heard- is that they are regulating what farmers are allowed to feed the animals. What it actually is is a “voluntary plan” now, who does that help?
http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm378100.htm

Anthrax does this- “Anthrax is a serious infectious disease caused by gram-positive, rod-shaped bacteria known as Bacillus anthracis. Anthrax can be found naturally in soil and commonly affects domestic and wild animals around the world. Although it is rare, people can get sick with anthrax if they come in contact with infected animals or contaminated animal products.”
http://www.cdc.gov/anthrax/

Which means what? That if an animal eats this bacteria and then we EAT THE ANIMAL we’re fucked. What are farmers doing again? Oh right, I forgot, they’re feeding us poison. And don’t even get me started on E. coli and fast food, what!

Now, lets go to the jail system! To keep an inmate for a year the jail the tax payers pay a “private prison” –which is a prison for profit- 30-60 THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR, FOR ONE INMATE!!! So lets, let’s look at this in numbers, 1 inmate, $30,000, for 25 years for drug possession. Anyone else see a problem with this?? Oh, and who OWNS MOST of the private prisions?? Corrections Corporation of America, a private prison for profit. “Be a life changer!” Hahaha yeah, they sure change lives!!
http://cca.com/
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/nyregion/citys-annual-cost-per-inmate-is-nearly-168000-study-says.html?_r=0
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-prison-industry-in-the-united-states-big-business-or-a-new-form-of-slavery/8289
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_prison#Private_prisons_in_the_United_States

And cannabis not known for healing???
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4
CURES CANCER, FROM THE FUCK CANCER WEBSITE!!!!! GOVERNMENT OWNED EVEN! WHAT!!!!
(What it really says is that its an antitumor that stops tumors from further developing)

So when I read shit that says crap like this: “One study found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than those who don’t smoke marijuana, mainly because of respiratory illnesses. “ HAVE MORE HEALTH PROBLEMS IF YOU SMOKE POT WITHOUT CIGARETTES?!?! WHAT!!!!

You know what does ABSOLUTLY cause cancer? Cigarettes.
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/cessation

Mother fuckers!!!

Anything regulated by the government that makes “private” institutions rich I can GARENTEE you that it is NOT in the best interest of THE PEOPLE.

Now I’ve known this shit has been going on and I’ve known this for a long time. But you lie about my pot! I get real pissed!! Lol smh...

Reactions: subwayrider
I posted before finishing reading the thread, someone else asked my question already.

Personally it seems to have absolutely no effect whatsoever on me. I've tried it in pipes, in bongs, and eaten in rice crispy treats. None of it did anything except maybe the rice crispy's but it was hard to tell because I was drunk at the time. I'm not really surprised though as I seem to have a very high tolerance to nearly everything, usually i need to take double the recommended dose of medicine for it to have any effect.

[MENTION=4459]Sensiko[/MENTION]
"They know that I'm high! THEY KNOWWWWW! OMG!"

Ever get that? lol. That happened to me when I needed to go out somewhere. Otherwise I kinda like being around somebody but I guess they've also been high whenever I enjoyed that. Though I don't think I like to be entirely alone. Especially once when I was too high and flipped myself out.

yesssss :D
once my ex-bf and i got really, really high and unbeknownst to me his cousin i never met came over!! i kept thinking the entire time that she knew i was high LOL

also i’ll just leave this here... scans of brains on various drugs including marijuana... what’s also interesting is the marijuana off and on results... if you scroll to the very bottom the page there are also heavy nicotine/caffeine abuse...

http://www.amenclinics.com/about-us-23/the-science-2/spect-gallery/item/alcohol-and-drug-abuse

I like how you guys derailed my thread. I was asking about weed and the MB types, not your life stories. Who wants to read that? :p

I dislike people who are indifferent to truth.

I enjoy getting to the bottom of things. I don't think people should have to deceive themselves to get high. I accept I'm a fairly apathetic stoner and that my smoking is screwing with my health in a lot of ways. Sadly, getting high is pretty much my greatest joy. I dunno...I just don't really enjoy very many things, never have.

I do want to make a distinction, however. People don't live in their parents' basements at 45 because they smoke weed: They live in their parents' basements and smoke weed because there are some deep, underlying issues that compel them to those behaviors, usually severe mental illness.

Last edited:
You cannot patent something that grows naturally...you can patent strains...you can patent extracts...you can patent GMOs...but not your run of the mill weed....not that there is anything really stopping you from growing your own of the former if you so wanted to.
It’s all about the money.
They don’t care about health risks when something is profitable to them....lololololololol.....oh man! That’s a good one!
Thank you for clarifying. I agree.

I like how you guys derailed my thread. I was asking about weed and the MB types, not your life stories. Who wants to read that? :p

I dislike people who are indifferent to truth.

I enjoy getting to the bottom of things. I don't think people should have to deceive themselves to get high. I accept I'm a fairly apathetic stoner and that my smoking is screwing with my health in a lot of ways. Sadly, getting high is pretty much my greatest joy. I dunno...I just don't really enjoy very many things, never have.

I do want to make a distinction, however. People don't live in their parents' basements at 45 because they smoke weed: They live in their parents' basements and smoke weed because there are some deep, underlying issues that compel them to those behaviors, usually severe mental illness.

You should vape, it's healthier as far as smoke goes. Any time you have smoke in your lungs you're damaging them. A friend switched to vaporizers because of problems she was having with inhaling smoke. It's just not as fun, or the social stereotype of "cool" and it is very different not seeing that smoke be exhaled.

Is this what you want?:
ESTP thinks he drives better when high because he says he pays more atttention.
ESFJ does it to be able to go to sleep since she can't stop worrying about everything.
ESTPs and ESFPs from the viewpoint of an observer find everything funny and just act silly.
ISFx I know I can't tell the difference when he's high or not. Last time I was at his house he had bought a type of cake that he hates because he was high at the time and didn't realize that banana chocolate cake includes chocolate. I realized when he was telling the story that he had to drive to get the cake and somehow he thinks it's ok to drive when you're so high that you can't differentiate between different flavours of cake.

These are all long-time pot smokers and many also mix it with alcohol.
They are all fairly well-functioning individuals capable of holding down jobs (they all own their own homes), but I think many of them endanger others by driving while high.
The extroverts all think they are very funny when they're high but I would assume you have to be high to find them funny because I don't (they act like they're about 7 years old).

You should vape, it's healthier as far as smoke goes. Any time you have smoke in your lungs you're damaging them. A friend switched to vaporizers because of problems she was having with inhaling smoke. It's just not as fun, or the social stereotype of "cool" and it is very different not seeing that smoke be exhaled.

I've been meaning to get a vape; I've vaporized before. It gets you more high than smoking. :)

You're right, though, there is something very ~cool~ about doing it through the process of combustion. I enjoy the challenge of taking fat ass bong rips and holding the smoke in my lungs for 7+ Mississippi-seconds.

So what has four eyes and can't see?

I've been meaning to get a vape; I've vaporized before. It gets you more high than smoking. :)

You're right, though, there is something very ~cool~ about doing it through the process of combustion. I enjoy the challenge of taking fat ass bong rips and holding the smoke in my lungs for 7+ Mississippi-seconds.

So what has four eyes and can't see?

Mississippi!

Hmmm.... You know its funny. Back in the day they were running public service announcements where they would show this guy sitting in a basement getting high. I guess he was about 35 or so. They zoomed in on him all the while talking about how pot demotivates people etc... at the end his mother yelled down at him asking if he was going to make his job interview that day. Of course he said he wasn't going to make it. He wasnt feeling well after all.

Now, when I saw that video it was like they had modeled it after my brother. The point being is that if they made an public announcement like that, other people must have noticed the same type of thing from other people who smoked pot as well. Its not an isolated thing in other words. Granted, yeah my brother has other issues but the idea that pot doesnt have anything to do with what leads people to find themselves in that type of life? Thats just foolery all around. It might be the same thing as to why some people are alcoholics and others arent. It effects some people differently than others. Dont suggest though that you know for a fact pot doesnt cause this type of result. Maybe not in everyone but it sure as hell does play the major role in some peoples lives.

Hmmm.... You know its funny. Back in the day they were running public service announcements where they would show this guy sitting in a basement getting high. I guess he was about 35 or so. They zoomed in on him all the while talking about how pot demotivates people etc... at the end his mother yelled down at him asking if he was going to make his job interview that day. Of course he said he wasn't going to make it. He wasnt feeling well after all.

Now, when I saw that video it was like they had modeled it after my brother. The point being is that if they made an public announcement like that, other people must have noticed the same type of thing from other people who smoked pot as well. Its not an isolated thing in other words. Granted, yeah my brother has other issues but the idea that pot doesnt have anything to do with what leads people to find themselves in that type of life? Thats just foolery all around. It might be the same thing as to why some people are alcoholics and others arent. It effects some people differently than others. Dont suggest though that you know for a fact pot doesnt cause this type of result. Maybe not in everyone but it sure as hell does play the major role in some peoples lives.

I saw that one coming. I guess I overthink my own arguments enough to find the holes in them.

Strictly speaking, yes, you're right. Weed can be the determining factor for people with certain underlying predispositions. I remember reading somewhere it can trigger the onset of schizophrenia for those who are prone. It can certainly bring on depression and loss of motivation.

But, yeah, I think my point was that weed in itself doesn't really ruin lives, as the population we are discussing is at an intrinsic disadvantage, which can easily be exacerbated by a great number of factors.

I hope I understood your argument well enough.

Biologist explains how marijuana fights cancer

[video=vimeo;83094404]http://vimeo.com/83094404[/video]

Eh, yeah, I don't believe that either. I'm sure the pot helps him subdue his own feelings of hopelessness, but then again I'm also sure that's why he smokes it. To numb his own feelings. It's why most all people do drugs, they don't feel they have people in their life who care about them. I'm not saying you should by any means, I'm sure that ship has sailed long ago with my own concerning me and my brother, I'm just saying that it's never 'this kid is a failure because he's a drug addict' it is always 'this kid is a drug addict because he's a failure.'

There's this article I read on Cracked and the last bit says, "If you know someone who's using or has used, you should know that this isn't as simple as them making bad decisions. They're running from something that, to them, seems a whole lot scarier than a needle." Now I don't know about you, but to me that makes all the sense in the world.

Here's the article:
http://www.cracked.com/article_21017_5-unexpected-things-i-learned-from-being-heroin-addict_p2.html

Reactions: muir
[MENTION=10166]DonTaushMe[/MENTION]

Well yeah. Some people get sober and still don't wanna do shit. They can't cope, it felt better to use. I mean sure being high probably doesn't help with that tendency but my Rubik's cube doesn't make me a genius either.

I had an alcoholic friend, jobless, lived on people's couches and park benches and stayed piss drunk most of the time. Every now and again somebody would talk her into rehab and she'd go for a few weeks, or get herself put in jail for a month to get off the street. After that she'd be fine for a week or two and start acting like she wants to clean up... but then suddenly it'd be "Fuck my life." and she'd throw all of that away again.

I think in a way some people become afraid to be responsible. When you're sober you have to deal with life. Think about things. Make strategies n shit. Some people just want all that noise to go away.