How Does Cannabis Affect the Types? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

How Does Cannabis Affect the Types?

My experiences with marijuana have been diverse in the beginning. Each experience was different.

Yeah same. My first time I felt nothing. Second time I got hyper. Third time I got depressed. and times after that I got the munchies. Last time I did it, I got munchies and my bff at the time made us all brownies.

It also makes you about as dumb as a sack of hammers for the next couple of days and destroys your motivation after prolonged use. It has also been known to later cause psychosis in those prone to depression and anxiety (which FYI is a considerable chunk of the population, 1in 5) and overall worsen symptoms. It is also linked to schizophrenia in those who have no family history of the illness.

And no, schizophrenia and psychosis is not the same as having a 'different perspective.' They are involuntary and depending on the state of mind, can become quite dangerous to the self or others.

However way you slice it, it is a drug which means it does alter your brain chemistry and it's long term effects have not been thoroughly studied; apart from the psychosis and the heightened risks in mood disordered folks, it is known to be psychologically addictive and it's known to make a total bonehead out of anyone. What else is there? We don't know,

Can attest to the bolded from personal experience.

But there have been times I've smoked really good weed and after I was high, I felt totally normal afterwards. My suggestion to anyone who smokes weed/wants to smoke it in the future is not to sell yourself short: pony up the money to get prime quality stuff.

As for my experiences with it, if I go a really long time without smoking and then smoke, I feel wonderful, but once I incorporate it into my daily schedule, not only can I not recapture the previous peaks, but it starts to affect my behavior and I feel I deteriorate overall.

it it also makes you about as dumb as a sack of hammers for the next couple of days and destroys your motivation after prolonged use. It has also been known to later cause psychosis in those prone to depression and anxiety (which FYI is a considerable chunk of the population, 1in 5) and overall worsen symptoms. It is also linked to schizophrenia in those who have no family history of the illness.

And no, schizophrenia and psychosis is not the same as having a 'different perspective.' They are involuntary and depending on the state of mind, can become quite dangerous to the self or others.

However way you slice it, it is a drug which means it does alter your brain chemistry and it's long term effects have not been thoroughly studied; apart from the psychosis and the heightened risks in mood disordered folks, it is known to be psychologically addictive and it's known to make a total bonehead out of anyone. What else is there? We don't know,

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I have smoked weed before (quite a bit in my undergrad actually), and I acknowledge that it's an interesting experience and it has benefits for those in pain; I'm not against people giving it a try, but it bothers me when people talk about its benefits while glossing over its potential dangers.

Anyway, that being said, I don't think MBTI really dictates how one uses weed or why or what they experience. In my personal experience, every high is different and it depends on the strain and the people you are around and the situation you are in as well as the state of mind you have before you sit down to light up a bowl. Heck, even the way you smoke it makes a difference to some.

Newer users usually get the crazy giggles and want to go on adventures and all the stereotypical stoner speak and the ones who have used it longer over time tend to mellow out and like to sit around and eat/zone out in front of the TV and think about stuff.

After realizing that studies are funded by those with an agenda, and the fact that marijuana's illegality keeps the D.E.A. well funded, I am skeptical, and think these studies are propaganda.
As an example, I had a friend who is schizophrenic, and smoked marijuana. With these facts you can "link" marijuana with schizophrenia. But he also liked to get "fucked up" on any and every drug he could get. I don't suppose any of those other drugs you can actually overdose on were the actual cause of his problem.

Real studies will reveal itself with the few states that have legalized it.

Last edited:
As for my experiences with it, if I go a really long time without smoking and then smoke, I feel wonderful, but once I incorporate it into my daily schedule, not only can I not recapture the previous peaks, but it starts to affect my behavior and I feel I deteriorate overall.

I feel the same. I think everyday might be an over-indulgence. Even after the years I've gone without it, I occasionally think about this, and how I can prevent myself from doing it.
The reason I think of it is because I plan to use it again, and I know my weaknesses.
There are a couple answers for me:
* Don't make it a habit (or easier) to buy in the first place
* Don't be sedentary
* Augment my experiences with it, not replace them

There is a belief that people who smoke weed are losers (summarized). It's probably the other way around (losers are potheads).
For me, what I experience from weed is profound, and could never in a million years be attained in any experience possible without it. That is special to me despite what anyone has to say about it. I've held a high-paying mentally demanding job rather successfully while doing so. YMMV

Last edited:
* Don't be sedentary

Sage advice (even though it wasn't intended as such).

I'm definitely more sedentary when I have weed around. If I smoke, I am likely not doing anything for the rest of the day. It makes me anxious to go anywhere (well, more anxious) and no longer enhances my life. After saying a page or two ago that I had quit, I found a new "guy" (unintentionally) and started back up again. It definitely brings out addictive behavior for me.

As o_q stated above, I've held high-paying, mentally demanding jobs (have one right now) and can carry on with my life without a non-personal problem while smoking weed. I know very intelligent people who smoke every day before they go to work because it helps them concentrate. I wouldn't give up any insights I've gained or the people I've met through weed or any other substance for the world. I will never support its prohibition because I feel it is a substance that brings with it far more good than bad.

With all of that being said, I'm going to try to stop buying it since I feel like that's where it gets me into trouble. I'm fine with the random smoke-up at a party or friend's house, but when it's me, my bowl, and some videogames... nothing gets done. I'm tired of this shit.

I'm fine with the random smoke-up at a party or friend's house, but when it's me, my bowl, and some videogames... nothing gets done. I'm tired of this shit.

I've been thinking if it's just a matter of habit to do it outside the house. Not letting it lock you down.
Guess it would help if you lived in a state it was legalized.
Never again, though, do I want to be high when it's cold, dark, and I'm walking home in the ghetto. Gonna have a bad time.

I feel the same. I think everyday might be an over-indulgence. Even after the years I've gone without it, I occasionally think about this, and how I can prevent myself from doing it.
The reason I think of it is because I plan to use it again, and I know my weaknesses.
There are a couple answers for me:
* Don't be sedentary

There is a belief that people who smoke weed are losers (summarized). It's probably the other way around (losers are potheads).
For me, what I experience from weed is profound, and could never in a million years be attained in any experience possible without it. That is special to me despite what anyone has to say about it. I've held a high-paying mentally demanding job rather successfully while doing so. YMMV

I couldn't agree more. I can understand some concern for those who appear to be abusing it regularly as losers, but on the flip side I do not consider myself an ambitious person. I feel ambition to be an immortality complex that nobody achieves.

I wrote about this in another thread awhile back:

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28614&p=769968&viewfull=1#post769968

I prefer living a simple life I happily spend my days with my family and friends. If cannabis were more widely legalized, I would happily enjoy that as well.

My only concern is health concerns for smoking rather than ingestion, which would be a more viable option if made legal. Cannabis is so easily and abundantly grown that it is essentially a nonviable business endeavor without artificially limiting and regulating the supply so as to inflate the price and keep it viable. It's illegality has so far profited the prison-industrial complex making the US the leading nation of incarcerations in the world and profited drug enforcers who have used it to racially profile the poor to seize all their property under highly controversial asset forfeiture proceedings that legalize theft of property against those who can no longer afford the cost of litigation or, even more ridiculously, where the cost of litigation is more expensive than the cost of the property seized and is therefore a lose-lose situation either way and is just given up to the state without proper justification.

I feel ambition to be an immortality complex that nobody achieves.

That is an interesting idea. There's an argument to be made on either side. One who reaches endlessly will never be satisfied, and one who settles easily is contempt with a less than optimal situation.

Finding a middle ground is preferable. In my opinion, contempt is a short-sighted short-term indulgence that cannot last as someone living in the US. Eventually you will be bitten in the ass when you are too comfortable to deal with such situations. There is something to be said for being proactive and on your toes.

I prefer living a simple life I happily spend my days with my family and friends. If cannabis were more widely legalized, I would happily enjoy that as well.

A valid ideal.

My only concern is health concerns for smoking rather than ingestion, which would be a more viable option if made legal.

I think the rise of e-cigs and vaporizing will take care of that.

Cannabis is so easily and abundantly grown that it is essentially a nonviable business endeavor without artificially limiting and regulating the supply so as to inflate the price and keep it viable.

The monitization aspect is a huge part of why it is legalized at all. While slimy, we realistically can't have it any other way.

It's illegality has so far profited the prison-industrial complex making the US the leading nation of incarcerations in the world and profited drug enforcers who have used it to racially profile the poor to seize all their property under highly controversial asset forfeiture proceedings that legalize theft of property against those who can no longer afford the cost of litigation or, even more ridiculously, where the cost of litigation is more expensive than the cost of the property seized and is therefore a lose-lose situation either way and is just given up to the state without proper justification.

I agree with all that. It's pretty fucked up.

[MENTION=5511]o_q[/MENTION]

I've come across a few people who I felt were abusing it in an unhealthy manner, but that has been relatively few and far between. Mostly when I first started I was astonished at how widespread its usage really was. People that I had no earthly idea were using it were and I slowly began to see people that don't use as rare oddities.

I'm not completely sold on the health benefits of vaporizing just yet. I believe it is healthier than smoking, but as to what degree I'm not as sure yet.

I never believed that cannabis would ever become legalized. Technically, the DEA can up and raid those states participating and freely seize upon the profits for themselves like the drug barons they really are. I half expect this to happen at some point, but I am becoming more optimistic that state regulations can keep it both profitable and protect the flegling industry from competitive interests.

I ate it raw, did absolutely nothing lol... I would not recommend it, it's really just a waste. To get high off of eating it you have to cook it to release the chemicals. Not sure how it works, the science of the thing, but I am sure the answer is on the internet somewhere lol.
eating it raw is the same your body heats it up in the stomach and releases the compounds just the same it just hits faster if cooked first.

As an INFJ I will say I very much prefer Sativa to Indica. Sativa gives me this blissful nearly euphoric state where I want to go out and be creative and talk to people as well. When I use Indica I only want to be around people I know and hang out listening to beautiful music. A Sativa heavy hybrid is nice sometimes though. I attended the Cannabis Cup in Denver this year all three days with my best friend from childhood. It was really good. I met a lot of awesome people who are just good down to earth loving individuals. Everyone was getting along and having a great time together. It was a teenage dream realized so pretty cool over all. When it becomes legal in Missouri I will be trying to starting up a dispensary with a major focus on the medical side. I want to provide the medical products to disabled children's parents for free. I also want to set up a truly non profit organization for charity. For the purpose of providing disabled veterans and disabled people in general who can not afford medicinal cannabis products. I will personally be devoting twenty five percent of my crops and paying all admin and labor out of pocket to keep it truly non profit.

annabis speeds up the brain to unrealistic speeds and therefore it is impossible to predict what will happen to you after you try the drugs.
Bizarre, I got a reaction in the opposite direction. Much more relaxed. (been years that I did it though).

Last edited:
Reactions: slant
I only do edible/tinctures and INFP here

Makes me *super* horny. Very creative as well.

I am "out of it" and tend to be unable to hold conversation very well. I'll also apologize a lot because I know I'm not understanding what's going on. Makes me sleepy so I have to drink caffeine. Also suppresses my dreams.

Up until November I was high every single day for maybe 2 years. It was bad. A new friend I made noticed and just causally asked why I was high all the time and I couldn't answer the question. To experiment I stopped taking it and after 2 days realized how much of a bad effect it had on my life. I had needed it in the past but was at a point in my recovery from trauma that I could function just fine without it.

I indulge in it at most once a week and only after work if I don't have anything to do. I usually feel shitty the next day I call it a weed hangover. I'm conflicted about it because when I'm high is when I write the majority of my comedy material and it's good. I don't actually like getting high anymore but if I'm desperate to write I do and suffer through the next day.

Since I stopped using frequently, every single time I get high I have a moment where I'm like

"This is why I stopped doing this every day I hate it".

Weird how you outgrow certain drugs. I think for me getting high would be most fun on a trip or something when I'm with friends. Not at home alone.