How Does Cannabis Affect the Types?

subwayrider

Into the White
Sep 26, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have noted a lot of talk on other forums about cannabis and how it affects one type vs. another. Apart from obviously eliciting differing effects in different people, for a great number of reasons, there also seem to be trends and differences in how it affects the MB types.

For instance, I partake partly to quell anxiety and depression, a very characteristically IJ combination of afflictions. (Presumably, I am INFJ, so we'll assume I am.) Getting high does this curious thing where it brings me out of my narrow, focused, isolationist Ni and more into a mindset that is like Ne. Normally, I'm content to stay indoors and read or write, but when I get high, I begin to pay more attention to the world outside, and become more eager to explore the possibilities. I'll go on hikes; I'll go meet random people (I've gotten into weird adventures this way); I'll worry less, be less inhibited.

I can't recall the mold of Ne in great detail, but it seems to be similar to what I experience. It's like certain parameters normally in place in my mind are temporarily broken open. My mind is a bit like Wonka's Great Glass Elevator, and getting high is me breaking through the ceiling. My thoughts become a blur; I make amazing interconnections between the concepts rushing through me.

This is just a guess, but perhaps weed puts one more in touch with the unconscious array of functions -- the first of which, for me, would be Ne.

Hmmm how about opium?

It's rare to get a high sativa strain here and they're pricier when one can. It changes depending on company and setting. The strong indicas that would pin you down are responsible for a lot of my introspection time but it would be very uncomfortable being around anyone not high with those...unless they were chill...like the guy who gave us free prawn crackers with our food. Now, being generally positive, it's okay. But conversations are the best when high so bustling places aren't cool.

Weed, has very little recorded data in the US because of various political bull shit (I'm not going to even delve into the history of pot in the US it's so rancid with greed) that being said, there are some who are striving to study it. There's a doctor, I think in Chicago, who has a kind of study where the subjects get high and then go into an MRI. She was fascinated because it seemed that the entire brain lite up, presuming that all the barriers would knocked down and every nerve was making connections with every other. If you look further into their research there's a lot of healing type ideas as far as the connections working together and understanding and I suppose fixing the broken connections etc.

As far as types and pot and getting high in general, I had an ENFJ friend who didn't enjoy getting high, she felt out of control. I personally, don't like getting high alone, I want people around me when I'm high. Whether or not that's because that's how I would get high in the beginning, is with people, or if that's because I have so much energy and wanting to talk and share my thoughts with another is an iffy thought when I'm sober, when I'm high I know it is the latter. In being high around others, I will say it breaks down barriers in everyone that they have put up for whatever reason. Though when the person and you are sober, those barriers are right back where they were; which in itself is kind of fascinating to watch...

I like it when people talk about pot as if they know what it is and does. All of the real scientific studies on it show that its just as damaging as tobacco and more so in some respects. But hey if people want to die to get high, they should have the right. Make it legal yesterday.

I like it when people talk about pot as if they know what it is and does. All of the real scientific studies on it show that its just as damaging as tobacco and more so in some respects. But hey if people want to die to get high, they should have the right. Make it legal yesterday.

I think part of the problem is that people often put tobacco in their joints which is unhealthy but you can vapourise cannabis to avoid the unhealthy aspect of smoking it

I don't think that particular medicinal plant is just about 'getting high' i think it also helps people to see things from new angles

The plant itself has many beneficial uses from its oil being able to fight cancer to its leaves being used to make clothes, paper, soap, shampoo and many other things

A truely wonderous plant

Reactions: knight in battle
I think part of the problem is that people often put tobacco in their joints which is unhealthy but you can vapourise cannabis to avoid the unhealthy aspect of smoking it

I don't think that particular medicinal plant is just about 'getting high' i think it also helps people to see things from new angles

The plant itself has many beneficial uses from its oil being able to fight cancer to its leaves being used to make clothes, paper, soap, shampoo and many other things

A truely wonderous plant

You can also eat it. Even eat it raw but it probably won't do as much - it is better heated which helps release the compounds. So you can bake it in banana bread or something and it will work if you want to avoid smoking.

hater

Reactions: Bird and Jill Hives
You can also eat it. Even eat it raw but it probably won't do as much - it is better heated which helps release the compounds. So you can bake it in banana bread or something and it will work if you want to avoid smoking.

I ate it raw, did absolutely nothing lol... I would not recommend it, it's really just a waste. To get high off of eating it you have to cook it to release the chemicals. Not sure how it works, the science of the thing, but I am sure the answer is on the internet somewhere lol.

I want to see these "real scientific studies." Where are their findings? Is it cited? Show me.

I ate it raw, did absolutely nothing lol... I would not recommend it, it's really just a waste. To get high off of eating it you have to cook it to release the chemicals. Not sure how it works, the science of the thing, but I am sure the answer is on the internet somewhere lol.

Yeah eating it does nothing for most unless you eat like a whole bag of it. Which can be handy if you need to.... dispose of it... for reasons. Just good to know that you can do it I guess.

I'm really good at math... My skills are only up to precalc so that bites... But still, I have always been the top student in math classes. Producing accurate answers was never an issue for me. I've been hired by my college to tutor math. My tutees love me! I "get" math, inside and out... It doesn't take me long to figure out what concepts they are missing. Then I'll throw it at them every which way till they pick it up. Jumping up 2 grade points is the average my tutees have achieved. And I shouldn't do that shit stoned. I don't focus quite as well. Attacking pure logic structures when I'm stoned is iffy, takes me significantly longer.

Aye, but I am more creative at the same time. Analyzing a problem might present issues but pressing into new territory when I'm stoned is all good! I was pretty high when I wrote Archaic Crust Theory... As funny as that may seem, it's irrefutable and will be printed in science books for a long while.

I don't have anxiety or medical issues, I like the stuff. When it comes to chill time, Mary Jane can hang out with me anytime. She is kinda lazy though. She'll put the drag ass on you if you're not careful. Just keep her in check and you'll have a beautiful relationship.

I'm really good at math... My skills are only up to precalc so that bites... But still, I have always been the top student in math classes. Producing accurate answers was never an issue for me. I've been hired by my college to tutor math. My tutees love me! I "get" math, inside and out... It doesn't take me long to figure out what concepts they are missing. Then I'll throw it at them every which way till they pick it up. Jumping up 2 grade points is the average my tutees have achieved. And I shouldn't do that shit stoned. I don't focus quite as well. Attacking pure logic structures when I'm stoned is iffy, takes me significantly longer.

Aye, but I am more creative at the same time. Analyzing a problem might present issues but pressing into new territory when I'm stoned is all good! I was pretty high when I wrote Archaic Crust Theory... As funny as that may seem, it's irrefutable and will be printed in science books for a long while.

I don't have anxiety or medical issues, I like the stuff. When it comes to chill time, Mary Jane can hang out with me anytime. She is kinda lazy though. She'll put the drag ass on you if you're not careful. Just keep her in check and you'll have a beautiful relationship.

It's interesting how your post relates to your signature.

Congratulations on being an INTJ genius!

Reactions: Rift Zone
I get very anxious and paranoid. Everyone is a cop. Fast heart rate. Sleepiness. Thirst. I don't get that "one with the universe" enlightenment feel. Overall I dislike it.

It's interesting how your post relates to your signature.

Congratulations on being an INTJ genius!
*blush*

Thanks for the words of praise, kind sir.

I am a science geek in heart and soul.

I'm trying to keep a low profile here. I usually geek out on another site. =)

Not that I always have that much couth. =(

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk, only ever had it a handful of times. I think I react in a pretty average way. It's never made me paranoid, but one time I felt pretty depressed after.

Idk, only ever had it a handful of times. I think I react in a pretty average way. It's never made me paranoid, but one time I felt pretty depressed after.

clearly, my hypothesis is correct and it turned u into an INFP

Reactions: barbad0s
It doesn't always jive well with everyone's body chemistry. I've seen similar things. People giving it a legitimate chance and it just not working out.