How do you know when someone is hitting on you? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

How do you know when someone is hitting on you?

The only form of "flirting" anyone has attempted with me was this creepy guy in high school who literally walked *right* behind me everywhere I went. He was stalking me without even trying to hide it. Knew where all my classes were.... Somehow managed to find me even when I took roundabout routes to class... Would randomly pop up out of nowhere as if he could teleport and knew where I was at all times. @_@

Oh, and this one other guy who said his name was Scarecrow, and claimed he he could channel spirits and had been possessed by demons....

So, I can usually tell if someone is flirting with me by how creepy they are. :p

:):)

Well, cute..in very creepy way...but cute..creeply...

• She makes eye contact and maintains it.
  • She genuinely smiles.
  • She tilts her head to one side.
  • She touches or adjusts her hair.
  • She reduces the amount of personal space between her person and your self.
  • She engages in quick non-lingering touch of your hand, arm, or shoulder.
  • She engages in discussion that is open-ended.

Lol this reminds me of a situation I had a couple years ago with a girl that I knew mostly through the internet and when I finally was with her alone in person

It was about 4 in the morning and we where standing in my parents front lawn. she kept just standing there smiling giggling and tilting her head to the side, and she gave me 3 full body hugs while we where standing there and looking into my eyes when she did and I did nothing cause my self-esteem was so low at that point in time I thought she was just being friendly, lol.

Last edited:
When it hurts I realise. "Wait a minute, this person is hitting on me..."

In all seriousness...Most of the time I know they are, but I...maybe don't know how to react to it, or I just try to remain as if I don't think they are in hope they will leave me alone, lol. It would normally always be the way they focus more attention on me either in a confident or non confident mannor. You can get a sense sometimes that someone in a particular room is watching you a lot, and sure enough, they are.

There's a slight possibility that people have been hitting on me occasionally and I didn't know it or maybe i'm just seeing things :m064:

As I said, looking from side on others I can preciesly guess, but if I am involved, I lose trust in my conclusions...

Hmmm...last time I consciously knew I was getting hit on, was one day when I was driving home from school with my windows down, and when I got to a red light, the guy in the car in the lane beside me, rolled down his windows and said, "Excuse me miss, but you are a very beautiful woman"

Hmmm...last time I consciously knew I was getting hit on, was one day when I was driving home from school with my windows down, and when I got to a red light, the guy in the car in the lane beside me, rolled down his windows and said, "Excuse me miss, but you are a very beautiful woman"

That's actually sweet...

As I said, looking from side on others I can preciesly guess, but if I am involved, I lose trust in my conclusions...

yeah, me too. Although I'm slowly moving away from caring whether or not someone does it. Even I did notice it, i'd probably just continue doing what i was doing.

nice :)

Unless its blatant, I kinda suck..

Unless its blatant, I kinda suck..

yeah, i'm usually not aware when it's happening, and then i kick myself when i realize later what was happening :D

yeah, i'm usually not aware when it's happening, and then i kick myself when i realize later what was happening :D

Especially when your friends give you a shit afterwards about it and then your like WHAT!! really?

This is why I'm a huge believer in not being ambiguous about attraction. If you're into someone, tell them. Don't play fucking charades and hope they guess correctly - it's not their responsibility in the first place.

3 words

First word

*Points at self*

Second word

*Points at heart*

Third word

*Points at Man Beast*

Anyone get it?

Usually if an otherwise normal encounter feels very uncomfortable and embarrassing, it means someone is trying to flirt.

I can never tell when someone is hitting on me. They actually have to tell me in a straightforward way or I won't believe them.

I am just so oblivious to it.

Exactly this, and even when they tell me straightforward I still tend to take it as a joke.

Define "hitting on". Is it interaction with someone for the sole purpose of getting them into bed?

If it is then it doesn't happen to me very often since I don't frequent places that cater to the "lets get out of here and get some" crowd.

If a guy is friendly to me in the grocery store (or whatever) I'm not thinking he's hitting on me. Coz I ain't goin' anywhere out of the blue with a stranger. And he's gotta know that I'm not gonna go off with him ...at that moment... at 3 in the afternoon when my kids are with me...kwim?? He's "hitting on me" with intent to get nowhere.

If "hitting on" includes flirting....well... I think we all do that to each other all the time don't we? Includes most times that we are pleasant with one another? We're trying to be attractive right? Keep the relationship ...however simple and shallow...going?

[MENTION=3902]sweetea[/MENTION], I think of hitting on as just appriaching someone in the name of potential future romance. Said romance doeant haave to progress quickly.

[MENTION=731]corndogman[/MENTION] ...so it's *eventually* to get them into bed... :D