How do you know when someone is hitting on you? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do you know when someone is hitting on you?

How can we apart that it is someone's natural behaviour or that it really beacuse they like us?
In some cases I can be confused. Especially when I get strange "vibres"...

For example, if someone's often touches us, how can we tell is it some Se or strong Fe type or someone attracted to us?

For example, if someone's often touches us, how can we tell is it some Se or strong Fe type or someone attracted to us?

if it makes you feel like crap, it's them being attracted to you

if it makes you feel like crap, it's them being attracted to you

And if it makes me feel good, it is them not being attracted to me...
:)
It really makes sense (without irony)...

Well what's weird for me is I'll find women doing that flirty touching stuff with me more often if they have boyfriends or husbands and it freaks me out.

Well what's weird for me is I'll find women doing that flirty touching stuff with me more often if they have boyfriends or husbands and it freaks me out.

maybe it is about showing off or demonstrate power?:)

maybe it is about showing off or demonstrate power?:)

Maybe, It's kind of a pain though when you're trying to be friends with a guy and his girlfriend keeps putting her hand on your shoulder and giving you random hugs.

Maybe, It's kind of a pain though when you're trying to be friends with a guy and his girlfriend keeps putting her hand on your shoulder and giving you random hugs.

Well, human behaviour is .... complicated...Maybe she finds you cute, but not dangerous...that "friendly zone" thing?

Reactions: grt$5vb
I can never tell when someone is hitting on me. They actually have to tell me in a straightforward way or I won't believe them.

I am just so oblivious to it.

I generally get something if they want to spend more time with me and that time is spent alone and so on...

though the last 2 of my relationships have started online, so it's kinda different there.

they keep wanting to get physically closer to you all the time and they want to look in your eyes a lot. but some people do it just to get attention.

Reactions: Gaze
I am a flirtatious person, but I do so mostly in an innocent and friendly manner and so I tend to think others who flirt have the same intentions.

The only way I would know that someone's into me is when they actually tell me so explicitly, otherwise, it'll all fall into the friend zone.

...and I just realized how horrible that can be.

This! I am terrible. My sisters still tease me about the really handsome Hawaiian guy that hit on me at work and I was totally clueless. I was working the return desk at a large retail outlet that makes you wear red, and he came in to return an item. I was doing the transaction and he said, Do you need my phone number? I said, no the system doesn't need a phone number. He said, Are you sure you don't need my phone number? Me--Oh no, no phone number. A few hours later at lunch I was like, wait a minute....

This! I am terrible. My sisters still tease me about the really handsome Hawaiian guy that hit on me at work and I was totally clueless. I was working the return desk at a large retail outlet that makes you wear red, and he came in to return an item. I was doing the transaction and he said, Do you need my phone number? I said, no the system doesn't need a phone number. He said, Are you sure you don't need my phone number? Me--Oh no, no phone number. A few hours later at lunch I was like, wait a minute....

[MENTION=3096]Sonyab[/MENTION], wow :m131:

I know! The worst part was that he was very handsome and a Native too boot! Like I said, my sisters still haven't let me live it down. All I can think was that I was in "work" mode???!!!

I know! The worst part was that he was very handsome and a Native too boot! Like I said, my sisters still haven't let me live it down. All I can think was that I was in "work" mode???!!!

@Sonyab Awwww . . . if only we could go back in time right? :D

It makes me feel bad that I am so oblivious. I think I have a hard time believing anyone would genuinely hit on me, so I just go around assuming nobody does. I never get it unless the girl is pretty strait forward about it and then I'm like... ohhhhh! I'm a moron lol.

The atmosphere becomes tense and uncomfortable.

Or I'm just being my naive self and not catching on.

I agree, I don't know much about her type but Devildoll comes off relatively clinical to me. If all ENTP's are that way I imagine being involved with one would become problematic for the same reason getting involved with an INTJ would, I'd want to do little romantic things and she wouldn't get it, nor want to get it and I'd feel a coldness. Although maybe I'm just reading too much into the tone of text >_<

ENTPs are clinical most of the time. it's not problematic because while INFJs are looking for the meaning and motives, ENTPs have a way of acting that can never be interpreted as anything but what they are doing.

if an ENTP ignores you, it's not by accident. it's because there's something more interesting. if an ENTP kisses you, you can be sure he or she wants to. if they are frustrated, they act frustrated. there's nothing subtle about them. they're refreshing.

I'd like to smash everyone in the face with a hammer who hits on people. Not a good thing to do.

When they keep mentioning things they like about you. Like your laugh, your toes, how you look when you wash the dishes, the way you make nanner puddin' just "rat."

...on second thought, maybe I shouldn't give advice in this department.

Reactions: middle1 and Gaze
I guess it's a mixture of body language interpretation and a little voice in the back of my head saying "someone's paying attention to you". I'm a good flirt so I tend to recognize it when I see it, even when it comes to people who are bad at it.

Reactions: jyrffw54