How did you feel when you found out you’re an INFJ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How did you feel when you found out you’re an INFJ?

I think INFPs also feel things very deeply, but their introverted feeling might make it less visible to the eye. Glad to see you posting @RonjaRaeubertochter - I hope you're well :)
"Well" would be overstated, but still thanks for asking. I'm in a real mess right now, but being here takes a bit weight out of it, ha ha

@Ren I do alright for myself :)

Reactions: Ren
Recently, I’ve been so confused about my emotions and loneliness and sudden outbursts and everything. My boyfriend makes me feel like I’m crazy because I get upset with him but I can’t explain why I’m upset or why I get upset to such an extent, or why I bring up issues we discussed again 3 days later even though he thinks it’s already been resolved but to me, it’s not resolved or I’m still worried about it.
This week, I came across a video on YouTube about INFJs, and I had no clue what INFJs were, so I watched it out of curiosity and was shocked at how relatable it was. I’ve probably watched about 15-20 videos about INFJs since then, and took the test on 16 personalities which said I was an INFJ. I almost feel like I could cry because there are actually other people who can relate and have similar emotions to me. It’s somehow amazing and a relief to me. Kind of like “oh, so I’m not insane or extremely mentally unstable”... or maybe I am. but at least I’m not alone lol
Exactly true.... I feel the same way!

Reactions: Wyote
OMG... I felt so grateful! Atleast I got to know about my internal storms.

Reactions: Wyote
Well I felt devastated... It was like 'why me??' I felt that 'INFJ' label was a bit of a curse... Needing meaningful connections but being an extreme introvert... and being emotional and rational at the same time...

At the same time it was encouraging... to read about other people experiences allowed me to accept my own 'quirks'... stop judging myself (and others) too harshly for certain things... so with time it brought relief and acceptance... Also learning about functions also allowed me to accept my different ways of thinking and be patient with people who 'don't get it' as well as learn to 'translate' my thoughts and feelings into 'human' language...

I would also like to caution you against explaining your mood swings by 'this is who I am'... it is our responsibility to work on relationships... being an intuitive is a 'superpower' not a curse, so you can stop and think and figure out why the sudden outbursts and what you are upset about... as well as explain it to your boyfriend in terms that he can understand.

Feeling misunderstood and not fitting in is also common for many people of different types... I guess more emotional types tend to 'dramatize' and assign more meaning to not fitting in... Speaking from experience here... takes a few years to mature into a mindset where one starts to work on building connections, rather than thinking 'it's my doom'....

Reactions: ButterflyChaser
Recently, I’ve been so confused about my emotions and loneliness and sudden outbursts and everything. My boyfriend makes me feel like I’m crazy because I get upset with him but I can’t explain why I’m upset or why I get upset to such an extent, or why I bring up issues we discussed again 3 days later even though he thinks it’s already been resolved but to me, it’s not resolved or I’m still worried about it.
Shit I do the same thing to my BF and he doesn't get it and I don't either. Thank god, I thought I was the only one I guess it's an INFJ thing then? You know, being sensitive and all

I thought I was an INTJ for a while until I started diving deeper into MBTI and really understanding it. I discovered I was an INFJ first when I read what other INFJs felt and experienced and it was just so relatable that I started questioning whether or not I was an INTJ. I started understanding my Ni Fe better which convinced me I was an INFJ rather than INTJ. I was in resistance for a while and disappointed that I was the most uncommon personality trait until I started embracing it and understanding all the perks of it.

Now that I have finally narrowed down and realized I am an INFJ, it is a bit of a relief. Before I was pondering over why my personality didn't quite seem to fit either an FP or NT. At the time I just accepted I was some atypical INFP with NT tendencies. Looking at INFJ being a possibility, I was in denial, perhaps because of its rarity. It sounded too rare and too strange to be true for me, though everything seemed to fit, minus the tendency to be outwardly organized. But as I got to reading INFJ, things make sense. Then I realized that I do make plans and I do organize, just that it seldom reached conscious level. That perhaps my lack of home organization may have more in relation to not focusing on Se.

This week, I came across a video on YouTube about INFJs, and I had no clue what INFJs were, so I watched it out of curiosity and was shocked at how relatable it was. I’ve probably watched about 15-20 videos about INFJs since then, and took the test on 16 personalities which said I was an INFJ. I almost feel like I could cry because there are actually other people who can relate and have similar emotions to me. It’s somehow amazing and a relief to me. Kind of like “oh, so I’m not insane or extremely mentally unstable”... or maybe I am. but at least I’m not alone lol
It is so funny you say that. Someone recently tried to offend me by saying that people say I'm unstable.( She was pissed at me and trying to hurt my feelings). It bugged me for maybe a minute then I said to myself yup I'm unstable sometimes. So what?

My thoughts
"#meexistconfirmed"
"but I want to be a more common type"
"Me? really? INFJ sounds like a mythical unicorn or something. I'm so boring."
"It's a pride parade time!"
"Yes, yes, more books to read about this new discovery"
"I'm a good person, right?"
"Fight the stereotype!"
"It's okay to be anything"
"I care about being me, but I care more about being better, and beyond"

Reactions: RonjaRaeubertochter