Homosexual Marriage and Adoption | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Homosexual Marriage and Adoption

Are feelings the cornerstone of hs, or does that have nothing to do with hs
and adopting? Is love the cornerstone of marriage, or does it have nothing to do with having children? I left out the other this time.

Are feelings the cornerstone of hs, or does that have nothing to do with hs
and adopting? Is love the cornerstone of marriage, or does it have nothing to do with having children? I left out the other this time.
I am so confused. hs=homosexuality?? and the last sentence, what???

You got the hs right. The "last sentence" ? I left out the Scriptures.

If I am to be disallowed an answer because of a statement I made regarding feelings, I would like to know why.
Love is the basis for marriage and having children.
I am only a stone's throw away and can be quite unabrasive with my questions and answers.

You got the hs right. The "last sentence" ? I left out the Scriptures.

If I am to be disallowed an answer because of a statement I made regarding feelings, I would like to know why.
I am only a stone's throw away and can be quite unabrasive with my questions and answers.
yes, love is the basis for marriage, and as long as you agree that homosexuals have the ability to love (I've heard christians say other wise), we have absolutely no problem.

You aren't disallowed from doing anything. I gave you an opportunity in another thread to argue your scriptural perspective on homosexuality, and instead you chose to argue that people don't choose how they feel and feelings are neither right nor wrong.

I agree. That is true for both heterosexual couples and homosexual couples.

I think most everyone has the ability to love, though I cannot understand some forms of showing it. You say homosexuals want to have children out of love, but they physically cannot. I can leave it at that.

I think most everyone has the ability to love, though I cannot understand some forms of showing it. You say homosexuals want to have children out of love, but they physically cannot. I can leave it at that.

Well we aren't talking about reproducing, we are talking about adoption. So its a pretty irrelevant argument. I can leave it at that.

Thank you for your time. Always enjoy the talks.

Well we aren't talking about reproducing, we are talking about adoption. So its a pretty irrelevant argument. I can leave it at that.

Exactly.

You can want something, but have no capacity to make it yourself. That in no way makes it wrong. I mean you could use your argument in the same context with someone who is infirtile.

*Off-topic jedi rep stuff split here*

Another perspective on this: Yes, homosexuality (if it is genetic) most certainly is a mutation! so is the growth of hair, or the desire to breath. Every part of our genes is from a mutation somewhere in our ancestry. Mutating is what drives evolution. this aside, I can hardly believe homosexuality, in its current mutation, is dominant (my grandparents had 4 children, 1 is homosexual, this works PERFECTLY with the statistics involved
Diagram1.jpg

(yes, I actually paid attention in biology)
Also, I don't think its a danger to humans. If its more likely to prevent reproduction, all ss's would not be able to pass on any of those alleles, thus causing homosexuality to die off.

Personally, I feel that homosexuality is caused by all of the above: genetics, brain size/stucture, brain chemistry, nurturing (this makes a difference if the person with a predisposition to homosexuality would be open to it or not), and college (yes even college [it could undo the nurtuing with all the experimentation]).

I loved taking Mendelian genetics in high school! Plus if this were the case, you have the comic irony when children are calling each other "homo" on the playground, they're referring to "homozygous", which could mean ss (intended insult?) or SS (the highest compliment they can pay you!).

On a serious note though, I guess what I'm wondering is this: what leads you to believe that your mom is Ss and not SS? I admit I've not read your other posts. Maybe the answer is elsewhere.

I don't think homosexuality is as simple as Vindornott put it. If anything it is like the genetics of eye color (which is controlled by several genes). Sexuality is a spectrum, not a yes/no thing.

I don't think homosexuality is as simple as Vindornott put it. If anything it is like the genetics of eye color (which is controlled by several genes). Sexuality is a spectrum, not a yes/no thing.
oh, definitely! when I posted that I was intentionally watering it down just to show that, if purely genetic, homosexuality WAS a mutation and that it did not mean the end of humanity.

It's been fascinating to watch how those with dominant Ni debate this topic. Even those of you who seem to agree with each other seem to disagree on WHY you agree -- perhaps it's not a simple yay or nay question -- whereas dominant Fi folks just seem to take turns misunderstanding or hurting each other.

Last edited:
It's been fascinating to watch how those with dominant Ni debate this topic. Even those of you who seem to agree with each other seem to disagree on WHY you agree -- perhaps it's not a simple yay or nay question -- whereas dominant Fi folks just seem to take turns misunderstanding or hurting each other.

:m105: I love u Flux, I think you're right! :)

And that's why I love Ni, and why I have to hang out here more often.

Thanks for the animated monkey, and I love your avatar. It reminds me of a still from Bjork's "I Miss You".