Hey anybody out there? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Hey anybody out there?

I am curious.

If you were gay, how would you manage the conflicting feelings you would have between your 'sinful' sexual orientation, and your Christian beliefs?

If I myself were gay, well I suppose I would fight it just like any other sin, prayer and repentance. Just as I'm not married it would fall under sexual impurity and should be dealt with as so. For those who are of the homosexual orientation and fin their hearts filled with the love of God. they would simply have to fight sinful thoughts. And (the not so simple part) live their life before God, meaning basically not to lay down with another man. I can barley imagine how hard this would be. I know it is possible though simply because there are people who devote them selves to God and never marry and hopefully never lay down with another. If they do slip (most likely when they do slip) They must honestly seek forgiveness and repent.

It took a while. :) I guess you could say I came full circle, and I'm truly beginning to understand what certain things mean; I'm no longer assuming I know. That whole "faith like a child" thing? Yep. I'm there. I don't mean that arrogantly. I mean to say that some of the things I'm learning are so profound, that I feel like a child when I hear it and experience it. I get to learn from scratch, and that's okay. :D

So you believe that God preordains for the kingdom of heaven.

doesn't that take away the freewill of man.

Christianity is encompassed within my acceptance of the validity of all religions that have something positive to offer people who follow them with good intentions. There is no singular universal truth, to my way of thinking, but every interpreation of truth reflects part of the whole, and the need for a god or gods to explain and define human existence is a universal theme.

you know passion I have never met a Mormon. Not many around Florida. so nice to meet you.

so tell me how does the church of latter day saints differ from the non-denominational variety.
Oh boy, I hope I leave a good impression then! :)

That is a broad question, but let me see. A lot of people think we are completely different from other Christians, but like many other groups, we believe that Jesus suffered and died for us, so that we may be saved and return to live with Him. We believe that we should do the very best we can in this life, and to always follow Christ. Some things that make us different: we don't believe in the Trinity. We believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings. We also believe that there are prophets in these days who are inspired by God. We don't drink alcohol or coffee, smoke, etc. We have the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ, which goes in companionship with the Bible (which we do believe in completely).

If you want to find out more about what we believe, you can ask me, or go to this website, where there are lots of great videos and explanations of our beliefs: http://mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/

It needs to be pointed out that sin is sin. A homosexual whom commits himself to lustful thoughts of a man is just as much as a sinner as If I looked upon or thought of a women lustfully. so in that since he is not exempt just as I'm not exempt.

This is a issue near and dear to my heart my brother is Gay and I love him dearly. And it hurts to think he may not share God's glory in heaven with me because of a single sin.

I have been going to church my whole life. Gone to a lot of church. I've got a background. But I have always been a skeptic, and over the past years my seeking has led me to become agnostic.

How do you rationalize this.

God creates man. Man commits sin. God sends Jesus Christ as a sacrifice to die for our sin.

Ok.

All those unfortunate folks that don't accept Jesus as their Lord and savior, they burn in hell?

Really? God created a torture chamber for all those people? Human souls, forever will be burning in hell.

How can this be? It makes no sense. I can not believe that the Christian God is anything more than a control mechanism.

Maybe something greater than us exists...

Just as easy to believe that there is no God, and perhaps it'd be a better world if we stopped brainwashing our children with the idea of heaven and hell.

me! me! me! I'm a catholic christian too :m163:

If I myself were gay, well I suppose I would fight it just like any other sin, prayer and repentance. Just as I'm not married it would fall under sexual impurity and should be dealt with as so. For those who are of the homosexual orientation and fin their hearts filled with the love of God. they would simply have to fight sinful thoughts. And (the not so simple part) live their life before God, meaning basically not to lay down with another man. I can barley imagine how hard this would be. I know it is possible though simply because there are people who devote them selves to God and never marry and hopefully never lay down with another. If they do slip (most likely when they do slip) They must honestly seek forgiveness and repent.

This is one of the many many reasons I'm no longer Christian.

i was at one time Christian. But now I'm agnostic and some might say an agnostic humanist.

All can say is I'm very glad to have moved on.

I know it is possible though simply because there are people who devote them selves to God and never marry and hopefully never lay down with another. If they do slip (most likely when they do slip) They must honestly seek forgiveness and repent.

Possible, but not truthful or honest to oneself.

I am gay myself, and I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that I would not be happy one bit if I tried to fight off urges and wants that I have. It is simply a conflict of values and views at this point because I am not christian (I'm new age), but I have never understood why people believe homosexuality is sinful, because there is very little base for it other then someone having to take pure faith in it and to just reason it.

One of the most basic needs of people is for them to find love, and to receive love. To deny what oneself to what they are attracted to, and to what they want to love, is so unfair to that person, and counter to what it means to be human.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I am a christian, I go to a non-denominational church.

This is why I have no respect for organized religion. It fosters these kinds of attitudes. I am not saying that you are stupid or uninformed. I'm not saying that your opinions are not valid. What I am saying is that I absolutely disagree with you. Your are very young (sorry!) and your own opinion will change as you age, I guarantee it!

Any religion that says you can't get into heaven if you like the same sex is not valid. If it says you can't eat (only certain types of meat--fucking not valid!). Hell, they had to give me another (middle) name just to baptise me just because I didn't have a saints name in my three names!!! Makes sense doesn't it?! George by the way!!

Learn to think and explore for yourself. Don't let your parents, society, and worst of all, any church guide your spirital path! There is a greater being and purpose out there. Dont' be lessened by what organized religion says is right!

I don't know where I stand in regards to religion :( I can't place myself, although I can definetly say what I'm definetly not. I'm what one could call a lost soul I guess.
However in christianity, I am very fond of Martin Luthers teachings.

I am a very devoted Christian. I love God more than life.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or in other words, Mormon. Lots of people think that we aren't Christian, but I can tell you right now that my life is centered on Christ.

I most definitely believe that He is the risen Lord and my Savior. I don't know where I'd be without Him.

Very interesting! I think that is extremely admirable *applause*. You focus on the faith and belief and NOT the religion then ? ^^

Last edited:
I have been going to church my whole life. Gone to a lot of church. I've got a background. But I have always been a skeptic, and over the past years my seeking has led me to become agnostic.

How do you rationalize this.

God creates man. Man commits sin. God sends Jesus Christ as a sacrifice to die for our sin.

Ok.

All those unfortunate folks that don't accept Jesus as their Lord and savior, they burn in hell?

Really? God created a torture chamber for all those people? Human souls, forever will be burning in hell.

How can this be? It makes no sense. I can not believe that the Christian God is anything more than a control mechanism.

Maybe something greater than us exists...

Just as easy to believe that there is no God, and perhaps it'd be a better world if we stopped brainwashing our children with the idea of heaven and hell.

Well first off let's change your definition of Hell. The idea of brimstone and fire come from the middles ages and from more specifically Dante's Divine Comedy. Hell is less a torture chamber and instead an existence. We know that as Christians we choose to follow God and share with him his love and glory. Part of that is our afterlife with him.

So to the point those who do not accept God and do not want him as a part of their lives. Get exactly what they want life apart from god in the afterlife. Now what does the bible tells us that God is. He is life, light, love, truth, and a number of others things that people consider to be good.

so in consideration of these things and the idea that Hell is life without God, we can now better explain what Hell looks like. It would be cold, dark, filled with lies and death. So in choosing to not be with God this is what your afterlife becomes.

So to recap: entry into heaven is based on God's grace and your acceptance of that grace. This is followed with faith and what follows faith is works. All under your love for the the LORD.

If you do not except the Lord and his grace you get you ask for, life apart from God. which as was explained would be quite unpleasant.

You afterlife nothing more then one more decision in life. So you see God wants you to be with him but will not force you to love him. If you love him then you'll be with him, if not then you won't.

This is why I have no respect for organized religion. It fosters these kinds of attitudes. I am not saying that you are stupid or uninformed. I'm not saying that your opinions are not valid. What I am saying is that I absolutely disagree with you. Your are very young (sorry!) and your own opinion will change as you age, I guarantee it!

Any religion that says you can't get into heaven if you like the same sex is not valid. If it says you can't eat (only certain types of meat--fucking not valid!). Hell, they had to give me another (middle) name just to baptise me just because I didn't have a saints name in my three names!!! Makes sense doesn't it?! George by the way!!

Learn to think and explore for yourself. Don't let your parents, society, and worst of all, any church guide your spirital path! There is a greater being and purpose out there. Dont' be lessened by what organized religion says is right!

first off, don't bring up age as a argument, nor that I might have inherited my beliefs instead of sought them. My opinions are irrelevant, I seek the Word and it's truth.

Secondly what you have brought up as arguments are invalid as they are either not biblical or set in place for a very specific purpose. As a christian I understand why God told his people not eat certain foods and why not to lay down with other men.

These laws were put in place to preserve the God's people in the OT. The Jews did not mix with other races(or at least they weren't supposed to) and so What was already restricted community for reproduction would have been cut even shorter if men decided to lay with other men as opposed to women. Similar things go for the food (custom later abolished in the NT). Certain things were harmful if not prepared or if stored wrong. Ancient Jews had no way to know that these things could be harmful until it would be to late. So God give the law to not eat these things.

As for your personal experience. There is no way to justify what happened, not every leader of the church should be a leader. You are perfect proof of that.

Possible, but not truthful or honest to oneself.

I am gay myself, and I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that I would not be happy one bit if I tried to fight off urges and wants that I have. It is simply a conflict of values and views at this point because I am not christian (I'm new age), but I have never understood why people believe homosexuality is sinful, because there is very little base for it other then someone having to take pure faith in it and to just reason it.

One of the most basic needs of people is for them to find love, and to receive love. To deny what oneself to what they are attracted to, and to what they want to love, is so unfair to that person, and counter to what it means to be human.

Well there is one major thing that you touched on, you don't share judeo christian values. My sins disgust me, especially those of a sexual nature. Just as maybe the thought of lying produces negative feelings in you. If we shared the values of the Bible, then you would most likely have a similar opinion.

I'd also like to point out, "To deny what oneself to what they are attracted to" Christ himself made this exceptionally clear. Matthew 16:24a "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

Jesus didn't mix words. Sin is fun, faith is hard and we have to choose between love and lust.

Just remember the of God is far greater then anything or one in this world.
As much as I love my friends or my mother and father. I would forsake them in a heart beat to follow God. His love is beyond anything any one can offer you. Trust me.

I am Christian. I grew up Roman Catholic, although I've step aside from a lot of their traditions, mostly because I find that I do not agree with the way that a lot of the scripture is interpreted. And also because I no longer connect with any of the rituals. Whenever I do go to mass, I feel like an impostor, so I mostly worship in my own way. I meditate and pray in the chapel in silence, or do it at home before I go to bed. My relationship with God is a private one, on one hand guided by my background as a Roman Catholic, and on the other, tempered by a university education and familiarity with other faiths and denominations and the literary history of the Bible. I do believe that there are many paths to God, and Christianity is certainly the most misinterpreted one of all.

I still respect the institution, although I do not always agree with its choices....and I especially abhor the those who use and misinterpret the faith to spread messages of hate.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
first off, don't bring up age as a argument, nor that I might have inherited my beliefs instead of sought them. My opinions are irrelevant, I seek the Word and it's truth.

Secondly what you have brought up as arguments are invalid as they are either not biblical or set in place for a very specific purpose. As a christian I understand why God told his people not eat certain foods and why not to lay down with other men.

These laws were put in place to preserve the God's people in the OT. The Jews did not mix with other races(or at least they weren't supposed to) and so What was already restricted community for reproduction would have been cut even shorter if men decided to lay with other men as opposed to women. Similar things go for the food (custom later abolished in the NT). Certain things were harmful if not prepared or if stored wrong. Ancient Jews had no way to know that these things could be harmful until it would be to late. So God give the law to not eat these things.

As for your personal experience. There is no way to justify what happened, not every leader of the church should be a leader. You are perfect proof of that.

I stand by what I said. My beef is with organized religion: not you, God, or sprital beliefs in general. They encourage arrogance in their beliefs. They pretend to let you "seek" but really just want you to "adopt". There are too many people out there that just want to be told how to think, I am not one of them (not implying you are either). They are all politicized and filled with dogma. For myself, I will seek a path of my own choosing.

And I disagree with this statement: "These laws were put in place to preserve the God's people in the OT." We are all God's people. Not just Jews, not just Christians, not just Muslims. A perfect example of the sterotypes and limitations put on us by organized religion. Even if one says this is just a label, a name--not meant in the literal sense it still implies that one society is better than another. It leaves no room for the individual.

And I am sorry if you are offened by what you perceived was a slam on your age, but again I stand by this. You will see things differently 15, 20, 30 years from now. Don't take that as a putdown, it is about growth.

Last edited:
I stand by what I said. My beef is with organized religion, not you, God, or sprital beleifs in general. They encourage arrogance in their beliefs in that they pretend to let you "seek" but really just want you to "adopt". There are too many people out there that just want to be told how to think, I am not one of them. They are all politicized and filled with dogma. For myself, I will seek a path of my own choosing.

And I am sorry if you are offened by what you perceived was a slam on your age, but again I stand by this. You will see things differently 15, 20, 30 years from now. Don't take that as a putdown, it is about growth.

Your beliefs are unfounded sorry to be blunt but there is no fancy way to say it.

As for my age I believe Paul would like to have a word with you.

I am Christian. I grew up Roman Catholic, although I've step aside from a lot of their traditions, mostly because I find that I do not agree with the way that a lot of the scripture is interpreted. And also because I no longer connect with any of the rituals. Whenever I do go to mass, I feel like an impostor, so I mostly worship in my own way. I meditate and pray in the chapel in silence, or do it at home before I go to bed. My relationship with God is a private one, on one hand guided by my background as a Roman Catholic, and on the other, tempered by a university education and familiarity with other faiths and denominations and the literary history of the Bible. I do believe that there are many paths to God, and Christianity is certainly the most misinterpreted one of all.

I still respect the institution, although I do not always agree with its choices....and I especially abhor the those who use and misinterpret the faith to spread messages of hate.

I can agree with you on all but one point. In calling yourself a christian you can not say that I believe in may ways to God.

"I am the way, the truth, the life no one come to the father except through me."

As for worship, worship is life and how you live it. It's more then singing in church on Sunday or accepting communion.