Health Care Reform Defeated | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Health Care Reform Defeated

Some questions. Why is it that you think that riches are an achievement? Can you explain why you believe that being rich means being succesful? What exactly do you consider it to be the top of the world?

Riches and Wealth are merely a mark of success. Success to me means owning my own time. I don't have to work for money, money works for me. And while it does that I am on vacation, or doing something I actually enjoy doing with my loved ones.

Riches and Wealth are merely a mark of success. Success to me means owning my own time. I don't have to work for money, money works for me. And while it does that I am on vacation, or doing something I actually enjoy doing with my loved ones.

How come riches are a mark of success? I believe that was my initial question. And how come you have to be rich to do something you enjoy with your loved ones?

Riches are a mark of monetary success. Nothing more and nothing less. Success to me means changing the world for the better. Money is one of the nearly infinite resources that I can use to gain that success. But I would never consider wealth a mark of success in itself. That's small-minded.

Last edited:
lol more of that INFJness

What's my type?

Can you stop for 1 minute using your emotions as logic against your intuition and just TRY to be realistic? You don't know dick about me. Only what I allow you to know. The fact that you rush to make judgments about me based on how you FEEL about things is something you're going to have to work on. Until then you do yourself a disservice.

I'm speaking from experience, not emotion. I actually came from poverty, real poverty, not the bullshit poverty where you get three meals a day, but the kind of poverty where you go to bed hungry. I was abandoned on the streets of California by my parents when I was 13 with just the clothes on my back. I've worked my ass off to get where I am, and I know that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the help I've received along the way. I have pretty good intuition, and so I have a pretty good idea of who you really are. I detest your kind of egotism because I've experienced it in myself before. You probably feel like you are something special because you came from a tougher background than most, but that is bullshit. I count myself fortunate because my childhood could have been much worse than it was. Struggles teach us how to confront life's challenges, but those struggles best come from the relationships we encounter, not from battling our environment.

No, he's right. Being able to own your time is the mark of success. Most people don't. It's what you do then with that time that counts.

How come riches are a mark of success? I believe that is my initial question. And how come you have to be rich to do something you enjoy with your loved ones?

Oh that's very slippery of you Creon, I like that. Fair points...

I don't need to be rich to be successful on an emotional, health, familial, etc level.The best things in life are certainly free. As a provider however success becomes a little harder to achieve. People need material things to live, including food and shelter, I feel money is required to give these things on a level I feel is appropriate for my loved ones. I would rather be sterile than to move my children into public housing and accept food stamps...even though I myself was raised on them. I know how substandard they are though and would never want that for anyone. Riches allow me to upgrade my and my families existence to a much cleaner, healthier, easier life.

I do not need to be rich to do things I love with my loved ones, but money helps. Especially if your loved ones like to do things that cost money.

Is that better?

No, he's right. Being able to own your time is the mark of success. Most people don't. It's what you do then with that time that counts.

I own my time automatically. It's my time. I have no idea what that means.

You can do that by completely withdrawing from society with your family. You own your own time ever since you were born.

Are you implying that people are trying to become rich to buy their personal freedom from society? That society steals their freedom after birth?

Riches are a mark of monetary success. Nothing more and nothing less. Success to me means changing the world for the better. Money is one of the nearly infinite resources that I can use to gain that success. But I would never consider wealth a mark of success in itself. That's small-minded.

I am confused are you calling me small minded? I think you are putting words in my mouth then making a straw man argument... I said owning my own time is success to me. Do you think you can change the world for the better working 60 hours a week broke and penniless? I am betting the investor with millions squirreled away who doesn't work a job and wants to open a home for ex sex trade slaves in Southern Asia does more good than the other guy.

I don't need to be rich to be successful on an emotional, health, familial, etc level.The best things in life are certainly free. As a provider however success becomes a little harder to achieve. People need material things to live, including food and shelter, I feel money is required to give these things on a level I feel is appropriate for my loved ones. I would rather be sterile than to move my children into public housing and accept food stamps...even though I myself was raised on them. I know how substandard they are though and would never want that for anyone. Riches allow me to upgrade my and my families existence to a much cleaner, healthier, easier life.

I do not need to be rich to do things I love with my loved ones, but money helps. Especially if your loved ones like to do things that cost money.

Is that better?
That makes no sense. I thought you believe that anyone can achieve success from the slums. Why would you deny your line the exact same opportunity that you personally turned into success? The only possible reason is that you think such conditions unfairly disadvantage your children. And that defeats your ENTIRE argument.

Last edited:

Hobos own their own time. They ride the rails and move from community to community, looking for odd jobs they can pick up along the way. They answer to nobody and some often use their time to help people along the way. A helpful hobo is far more successful to me than a CEO who spends his free time on the beaches in Cancun. The former has considerably less responsibility and people who associate with him appreciate him for who he is and not for what he has.

Uh huh... A person who truly owns their own time has a strong passive income.

What's my type?

I'm speaking from experience, not emotion. I actually came from poverty, real poverty, not the bullshit poverty where you get three meals a day, but the kind of poverty where you go to bed hungry. I was abandoned on the streets of California by my parents when I was 13 with just the clothes on my back. I've worked my ass off to get where I am, and I know that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the help I've received along the way. I have pretty good intuition, and so I have a pretty good idea of who you really are. I detest your kind of egotism because I've experienced it in myself before. You probably feel like you are something special because you came from a tougher background than most, but that is bullshit. I count myself fortunate because my childhood could have been much worse than it was. Struggles teach us how to confront life's challenges, but those struggles best come from the relationships we encounter, not from battling our environment.

I dont know your type, I wouldn't presume to know someones type without at least meeting them or talking to them. But I dont have to do that to know you are speaking from emotion and not rationality. Just because you have personal experience doesnt mean anything if anything it makes you speak even more lazily through your emotions passively then if you had actually taken the time to get to know me and think, instead of emote. Even when you are telling me about your struggles on the Streets of California... you are placing yourself in my shoes then juding yourself in my shoes. You have yet to tell me how being self reliant and strong is egotism... how not wanting whats mine to be taken away by those who dont deserve it is egotism. You have yet to even address me in any manner of wanting to even understand where I am coming from. You just judge, blindly, through emotions against your intuition. Its sad really to see your intuition go to waste against your emotions... because you are limiting a mighty tool you possess.

That makes no sense. I thought you believe that anyone can achieve success from the slums. Why would you deny your line the exact same opportunity that you personally turned into success? The only possible reason is that you think such conditions unfairly disadvantage your children. And that defeats your ENTIRE argument.

Actually, its more about me feeling like a failure having children then not being able to provide for them.

Hobos own their own time. They ride the rails and move from community to community, looking for odd jobs they can pick up along the way. They answer to nobody and some often use their time to help people along the way. A helpful hobo is far more successful to me than a CEO who spends his free time on the beaches in Cancun. The former has considerably less responsibility and people who associate with him appreciate him for who he is and not for what he has.

Yeah? What about that same hobo compared to Bill Gates? Who is more successful?

Is that better?

I see. So in order to support a child you need to be rich? I believe that even middle class workers are able to provide what you speak of to their children. Isn't trying to make more money to provide costly items for your family (with which you can do important things regardless of money) a sign of excess?

And another question. You said money works for you. What exactly do you mean? Isn't personal effort and work the core concepts of your beliefs?

Last edited:
Even when you are telling me about your struggles on the Streets of California... you are placing yourself in my shoes then juding yourself in my shoes.

That is called empathy.

You have yet to tell me how being self reliant and strong is egotism...

Egotism is an exaggerated opinion of your own importance. Being self reliant and strong is meaningless unless you can share the fruits of those qualities with others.

how not wanting whats mine to be taken away by those who dont deserve it is egotism.

Because you understate how this society has allowed you to attain what you have.

You have yet to even address me in any manner of wanting to even understand where I am coming from.

You are libertarian. You want to keep what you earn, and you believe your personal freedom and choice is the most important thing in the world.

You just judge, blindly, through emotions against your intuition. Its sad really to see your intuition go to waste against your emotions... because you are limiting a mighty tool you possess.

So you are not judging me? In fact, your rational response is this emotive charge that I am being emotive? How funny.

I see. So in order to support a child you need to be rich? I believe that even middle class workers are able to provide what you speak of to their children. Isn't trying to make more money to provide costly items for your family (with which you can do important things regardless of money) a sign of excess?

And another question. You said money works for you. What exactly do you mean? Isn't personal effort and work the core concepts of your beliefs?

Yes middle class families can provide for their families. Middle class families are also in a very precarious position. Many if not most live paycheck to paycheck. I dislike that insecurity personally. And who is to say what is excess? The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom, how can we know whats enough until we had too much? I am not talking about gold plated tooth brushes and designer label diapers, but lets not pretend raising children would be MUCH easier and probably MORE enjoyable if you didnt have to work 40-60 hours a week only to see them raised by strangers at school and day care. The wealthy can afford to not go to work every day and spend more time with thier children. Thats what I want. I will admit to 1 thing, when it comes to my family I am VERY selfish. I wouldnt have children unless I could spend as much time as possible with them.

As for money working for me, I meant passive or residual income. For example people go into real estate, they spend 1 million to buy land and build a small condo complex, then they sell or rent the units out to other people, the other people pay the loans off with thier mortgages for me and I live on the residual income. Now Imagine if you have 5 or 6 of these buildings... now your job consists basically of collecting payment from the people who work for you and run your assets. Instead of spending my time in an office, I can now spend it elsewhere. With my family for example.

Effort and work are core beliefs for me, but I am not stupid, Intellect and Ambition are as well.

You work hard up front to set up a system, the system works then you work easy and enjoy yourself while the system you put into place works. You never heard the saying, work smarter, not harder?

Yeah? What about that same hobo compared to Bill Gates? Who is more successful?

The hobo.

People will always love Bill Gates for his money, but the hobo will always know that the people who love him, love him for who he is.

If Bill Gates had been a hobo, would you know his name? Would you even care about him? You mistake fame for success.

Bill Gates has dedicated $40 billion to fight AIDs in Africa. A hobo could never do such a helpful thing on such a scale. But those people who profit from such a donation don't care about Bill Gates. They care about the $40 billion. They could care less whether Bill Gates were to live or die as long as they get their $40 billion.

However, I'm sure Bill Gates is happy. He gets to help innumerable people who could care less about him. The hobo is happy as well. He can only help one or two people, and in a limited way, but they appreciate him just for the effort.