Haunted Houses | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Haunted Houses

Poltergeists are more likely dimensional beings reaching out into this world or...telekinesis. if it follows you, it probably IS you.

The first night I spent at an ex's parents house I remember waking up for no apparent reason in the middle of the night. As I turned over to go back to sleep I remember this strange ringing sound that started getting louder as I lay there. It eventually grew to the point where I couldn't hear anything else and began to recognize my body felt tingly. This tingling sensation grew to the point where I felt I couldn't move and I realized I was paralyzed save for my breathing and eyes. Suddenly I felt this clear message in my mind 'bring her back.' I say felt bc it wasn't like I heard it or saw it, I just felt it, like intuitively or something.

The next night I told my ex about it and she explained that since her folks had moved in whenever someone new spent the night there was usually and odd happening, like apparently her aunt told them she had felt like someone was rubbing her feet in bed.

Come to find out they'd bought the house from an older widow who was moving to florida after the death of hrr husband, which would explain the message if he was in fact looking for her from beyond the grave.

There's also this one time me and my dad were up late watching tv and waiting for my sister to get home. We both decided to go to bed and were the only ones up so it was pretty quiet in the house. Soon after I laid down I heard footsteps walking up the outside porch. The door opened, closed and then the footsteps were inside before silence fell again. The next morning when I woke up I found my daf talking to my sister, who apparently hadnt come home until that morning. He was telling her how he swore he had heard her come inside after he went to bed the night before.

I do not think this is a ghost story, its something else but what it is, use your imagination. I just want to say this is real and that no toasters have been hurt while I type this.

About 5 years ago now, I had not yet been admitted to the hospital. For the most part I believed I felt fine or at least normal for me. Looking back on it now, I do not think I was fine. Anyway to get on with the story, I would occasionally go into fits of yelling foaming at the mouth rage at things that upset me. Things like politicians, lying news stations, people that cheated at games etc… These things would anger me a great deal and sometimes there was this level of this that just went to my head. Like it would instantly get hot and then I was off into this rage.

To back up a bit, many of those who will end up reading this probably know by now that I have been searching for the origins of consciousness a long while now. When I was younger and before I made up my final decision on whether or not the God written of in the bible existed, I used to try and imagine what heaven and hell was like. Then I would imagine the people I disliked, a great many politicians, going to my hell and watching them squirm. One of my decisions on hell was that it should be a place that when you were punished you never got used to it. That if someone decided to make you burn, you wouldn’t become numb to the pain after a while. It would be just as bad second to second as the first second. You would never get used to it. I saw no justice in reality for people like Hitler, Obama, murders etc so I made my own justice up in my head where I would imagine these people going to this hell I created. It helped to dispel some of my disgust and anger toward their actions.
One day I was in my condo playing a game and I went into one of these fits. When the game was over and I was waiting for the next to start, I heard something hiss behind me but also more in my head like telepathy, “You have no idea whats about to happen to you.” and it sounded like and felt like it started laughing. I thought I had imagined it. That while I was in this rage state, my mind imagined this voice.

1 ½ months later I ended up in the hospital. I then spent 2 years so sick I thought I could potentially check out at any second. It would get a little better sometimes, more bearable but then get worse again. I never got used to the constant fluctuating dizziness. Sometimes better sometimes worse. I never got used to it. No hell I ever imagined ever came close to that 2 years of my life.

Today, I don’t go into fits of rage anymore about anything. Sure I get upset with what I see in the news, lying politicians but the rage just isnt there. I’m not sure how much of this happened because I was likely already sick before I really knew I was sick. Chemical imbalances in the body, any number of levels being thrown off by gluten poisoning playing a role I am sure now.

Was the voice a hallucination? Likely. Strange though that it ended up being right.
True story. I have never told anyone till this very moment.

Last edited:
Ooh story time from me!
Two weeks ago, I was hanging out with one of my closest friends and we were watching her three year old nephew.
He was down in the hallway (naturally the dark hallway) playing a toy horn.
Randomly, he started playing really short, rhythmic notes. It was kind of creepy.
So my friend goes to investigate and the conversation went as follows:
Friend: Hey bud, what are you up to?
Nephew: I'm playing for the boys.
Friend: Who are the boys?
Nephew: Oh they're really nice. Sometimes. They like me to play this way. Come meet them.
And of course, my friend was not interested. She called me over into the hallway.
Nephew: You have to be careful. They might not like you. They're kind of mean.
Me: Hey, how about we go watch CareBears?
Nephew: The boys want blood.
At this point, me and my friend had had enough and were mega creeped out.
We picked up the nephew and took him into the living room to watch CareBears.
He hasn't said a thing about it since. I've seen him multiple times and he hasn't shown any interest in the horn.
It seems like little children are really receptive to this sort of thing.
Writing it out makes it sound really comical and cheesy, but I really was so disturbed.
He's three years old, for heavens sake.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I feel like it is still with me. I have strange things happen no matter where I live or go. My husband never believed in these things until he went through his own experiences with me.

Question: Do you ever feel like you can make things happen? I am sure you understand what I mean, but let me know if I am off...

I absolutely know what you mean...and yes, I do feel that I can make things happen sometimes...it’s just inconsistent.
A lot of time it happens like I said, when I am really sick with a fever or something....the bedroom door got hit really hard once while I was really sick and Sensiko heard knocking noises all night long.
Now if I can just figure out how to tap into that part of myself and learn to control it on a whim....

The first night I spent at an ex's parents house I remember waking up for no apparent reason in the middle of the night. As I turned over to go back to sleep I remember this strange ringing sound that started getting louder as I lay there. It eventually grew to the point where I couldn't hear anything else and began to recognize my body felt tingly. This tingling sensation grew to the point where I felt I couldn't move and I realized I was paralyzed save for my breathing and eyes. Suddenly I felt this clear message in my mind 'bring her back.' I say felt bc it wasn't like I heard it or saw it, I just felt it, like intuitively or something.

The next night I told my ex about it and she explained that since her folks had moved in whenever someone new spent the night there was usually and odd happening, like apparently her aunt told them she had felt like someone was rubbing her feet in bed.
Kind of sounds like sleep paralysis? I have a friend who experienced something like that. She said she heard faint trumpet music playing in her closet and as she listened, it grew louder and louder into beautiful angelic horns playing. She said it was really nice at first, but it just kept getting louder until it turned into horrible static and she started to feel tingly, like the fuzzy sensation of her whole body falling asleep. Then, she realized she could not move and was paralyzed in her bed. She called her experience sleep paralysis.

Last edited:
Kind of sounds like sleep paralysis? I have a friend who experienced something like that. She said she heard faint trumpet music playing in her closet and as she listened, it grew louder and louder into beautiful angelic horns playing. She said it was really nice at first, but it just kept getting louder until it turned into horrible static and she started to feel tingly, like the fuzzy sensation of her whole body falling asleep. Then, she realized she could not move and was paralyzed in her bed. She called her experience sleep paralysis but who knows?

yeah its called a hypnogogic experience and i've had those before, this did feel similar, though it doesn't explain why i woke up or the distinct message. with that said i think you're right in considering it and wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

Ooh story time from me!
Two weeks ago, I was hanging out with one of my closest friends and we were watching her three year old nephew.
He was down in the hallway (naturally the dark hallway) playing a toy horn.
Randomly, he started playing really short, rhythmic notes. It was kind of creepy.
So my friend goes to investigate and the conversation went as follows:
Friend: Hey bud, what are you up to?
Nephew: I'm playing for the boys.
Friend: Who are the boys?
Nephew: Oh they're really nice. Sometimes. They like me to play this way. Come meet them.
And of course, my friend was not interested. She called me over into the hallway.
Nephew: You have to be careful. They might not like you. They're kind of mean.
Me: Hey, how about we go watch CareBears?
Nephew: The boys want blood.
At this point, me and my friend had had enough and were mega creeped out.
We picked up the nephew and took him into the living room to watch CareBears.
He hasn't said a thing about it since. I've seen him multiple times and he hasn't shown any interest in the horn.
It seems like little children are really receptive to this sort of thing.
Writing it out makes it sound really comical and cheesy, but I really was so disturbed.
He's three years old, for heavens sake.

It's not comical or cheesy at all. My 5 year old experiences things (I think I mentioned something about it in my blog). He is extremely sensitive and tells me things about what will happen in the future. And he is always accurate. His "imaginary" friend gives him the info. It scares my husband, but I understand it.

I absolutely know what you mean...and yes, I do feel that I can make things happen sometimes...it’s just inconsistent.
A lot of time it happens like I said, when I am really sick with a fever or something....the bedroom door got hit really hard once while I was really sick and Sensiko heard knocking noises all night long.
Now if I can just figure out how to tap into that part of myself and learn to control it on a whim....

I kept thinking that I needed to learn how to control it, but then I realized that I was in control of it. I don't know if that makes any sense (let me know).

I don't know if this is the place to get into it in detail.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Poltergeists are more likely dimensional beings reaching out into this world or...telekinesis. if it follows you, it probably IS you.

Agreed. Psychokinesis is definitely a part of it. But, just another part of a bigger picture.

So, let's say that we blame the feelings and apparitions on carbon monoxide and/or radon; and then, we blame the moving of objects on psychokinesis. How do we account for my brother leaving the home when I was nowhere around, and doing back flips (that he didn't know how to do) on the corner of a busy intersection? And this is not the only time someone did something out of character in my family that couldn't be explained.

So many unanswered questions...

Still looking for answers! :)

My grandmother's house had activity. My mother and her sister said that "shadow people" would come and sit on their beds at night. My aunt said once the entity sat on her chest and it was difficult to breathe. There was a full bar in the basement and my mom said the glasses would fall off the shelves and shatter on the floor themselves. My brother and I once both watched a faint greenish mist hover in the corner of the ceiling. We were little and talked to it, thinking it was our dead grandpa but who knows what we really saw. It didn't do anything but move around along the ceiling and wall. When my uncle and his family lived there, the three year old would play downstairs with what she called, "creamies." She talked about "creamies" all the time. When we asked her to describe them, she said they were creamy white see through floating things that stayed by her downstairs.

I've seen the "shadow people". They can be very real, they have facial expressions and they are dark and evil. They come to you at night and suffocate you. You try to scream but you can't.

This is actually a common thing to experience and it's basically your mind playing tricks on you. When you sleep your body paralyzes itself so you don't act out dreams because acting out dreams can be dangerous. Imagine a caveman having a flying dream and he leaps off a cliff to his death, bam that's natural selection. So most people don't act out their dreams anymore because the genes that did got wiped off the planet. Sometimes a part of our brain enters the conscious state and the rest of the brain remains in dream mode. This allows us to intertwine the dream world and the real world and at the same time still be paralyzed from sleep paralysis. So naturally when we are conscious and realize we can't move we start to panic, being defenseless is scary, that's another natural selection thing. And the side of our brain that is still in dream mode starts to imagine predators because we are panicking because we can't move. But at the same time we can see the room around us and we feel like we are awake.

Here is some cool stuff about it:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/oct/02/sleep-paralysis

this wikipedia link shows the different demons from all over the world that people/cultures created to explain the experience:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

However, if you want proof.... here is a ghost I saw once....

e5a5623e71a2788a751fc64d71e454d0.jpg

it scared me right some good!

I guess if you dress all your cats like this, we might have to call Ghost Busters!