Getting Scared | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Getting Scared

As I said for everything good,there is evil. I am pretty good at understanding each person views.

That video just irritated me to no end! Sure I probably wont bring one into my home,nor start using one without the other person knowing that what could happen if we use it in theirs.

Sure maybe some people have killed themselves after using one. But can that be proved it was because of that?? That is like saying Joe killed himself after he ate a Big Mac

Well, I wouldn't fear suicide so much as spiritual oppression. Like they all said on that show, you never know what you will open.

And it really has nothing to do with the "board" itself. It has to do with the state of your heart/mind allowing spirits in.

Fair enough *nods*

just reading all of that freaked me out :( but i'm a total baby and can't even watch scary films.... i do every now and again for the thrill then regret it 'cause i can't stop thinking about it for days and vow never to do it again. i inevitably get the urge a few months later & it goes on in cycles like that. kinda silly really. you couldn't pay me enough to even be in the same room as a ouija board

EVERYBODY, JUST CALM DOWN. I GOT THIS.

It's really nothing to be scared of. You don't see anything with ouija boards, and even if it becomes a hot spot, it's nothing like what the movies would want you to think. It doesn't even have to be scary when you're talking with them; just like a normal conversation, except through a board. Sure, sometimes things might get a bit iffy, but it's really not nearly what everyone thinks it is.

Besides, ouija boards and real life spirits are nothing like the media would have you think. Yeah, they're scary, but it's not like blood and gory and all that stuff...

I was raised way too religious to go near that. I gotta admit, I got creeped out.

I really enjoy horror movies and games. I very rarely get scared, although sometimes my imagination goes a bit wild afterwards if I'm alone in a dark room. There is one movie however that I can't watch. The Others. Some people may think this is weird (because apparently its not that scary), but I had a bad experience when I was young with the trailer when it first came out. Remember the scene where the mother walks into the room with the little girl in the white dress playing with the doll, and she asks "What have you done with my daughter?" and then the daughter turns around (and her eyes are completely white) and replies with "I am your daughter". Yeah, well that scene scared the hell out of me when I saw the trailer. I actually hired it out a while ago to try and watch it but I had to turn it off after five minutes. Other than the Others, I can pretty much any horror movie.

I won't touch a ouiji board with a 50 foot pole...

I'm religious and a bit superstitious when it comes to spirits so I'm in the same boat as IndigoSensor. Hell, I wont even chant "Bloody Mary" in front of a mirror (I know Bloody Mary isn't real but I'm not comfortable with any inviting of spirits into a room).

I get terrified so easily x.x I absolutely cannot watch a movie that is even remotely "scary" or in the horror genre. Even suspense type films with that darn music will make my heart beat so fast it near explodes. :p The visual of movies is probably what does it, I can imagine while reading a book to make it however I want it to be. I am not sure about spirits or ouija boards or anything like that. Think that I believe in it, but can't speak of it being scary since I've not used it.

I basically have an irrational fear of basements too. I can spend hours down there no problem, but I'm all shifty-eyed and paranoid for the entire duration. Someone might pop out of a dark room with a giant cleaver and destry me, right guys?!! (@__O)/ It doesn't help that someone banged on my window once at night. I lived in the country. Terrifying.:m169:

I used to LOVE scary movies..... until I go too spiritual. Then i wouldn't watch a scary thing.

Blood and gore fascinates me though.

Hmmm I wonder if i should place my hands on those Ouija boards.

I am a fan of scary movies and games. Very much so, in fact. My friends enjoy comparing and contrasting the psychological differences between say, Jason Vorhees, and Chucky. I have played scary games, such as Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Clock Tower, etc, and I love them. I prefer to be the one controlling the character, though, instead of just watching, because I always thing my friends are moving too slowly, or are not looking in the right place, and they get hit.

Although, strangely enough, when I was very young, I had a game called Shadowgate, for the Nintendo. It had a few lame pictures of a skull here and there, and that freaked me. (I was 5 or 6 or so). Later on, a game called "D" for the Sega Dreamcast creeped me out, due to it's suspensful imagery.

It's funny, really. Demons, monsters, zombies, fine. No problem. My character having to stick his hand in a toilet to retrieve a wallet? Not so much. (Silent Hill 2, I think) I prefer action horror to suspense horror.

Hmm....I'm not sure how I feel about the Ouiji board, I'm pretty sure my husband forbid having one in our home.

And I can't watch scary movies...I can't even watch a preview for a scary movie (I change the channel immediately). I used to watch scary movies all the time and it bothered me some, but not enough to stop watching them (as long as it was daylight and I wasn't alone). :)

But while I was pregnant, every single time my husband and I would go out and watch a scary movie, I would literally throw up afterward. I contributed it to the hormones and adrenaline combination, and I just haven't been into scary movies/stories/books since, and now it bothers me a lot. I guess with time I've become very sensitive to it again.

I have never been scared by a game. I haven't been scared much at all by media, really.