Gender and MBTI | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Gender and MBTI

Is there a reason for me to argue when we're agreeing?

We are?

While the direction we're coming from is different it's the same thing. I could write up a lengthy post on why and how we're agreeing - but I'd rather not.

ok :(

(Hey Shai what got edited in my post?)

You're correcting my punctuation?

Errr thanks.

i'm a wooly wooly woofta.

Last edited by a moderator:
So N's are a virus? and S's are sheep?

Boo hiss!

SJs are numerous because the provide communities with stability, with their insistence on structure and tradition the provide the foundation and real world constructs of society, they may not envision or create them but they sure do maintain those institutions. SJs are very good at doing and valuing the day to day work that keeps or societies going.

Too many Ns and human societies would be in a constant state of change, without ever achieving the kind of stability to sustain any sort of quality of life. Too many SPs and nothing would ever get done with all the parties going on...

Makes sense to me now, thanks Q. I'd like to hear more on this... how all of the different types contribute to different areas of our survival/civilization.

I'm just glad we have lots of different types around - because if we were all the same the world would probably end fairly quickly. The fact is that in the end, we all balance things out. You need action people and idea people, for example. You need nurturers and fighters. You need protectors and even the ones who stir up trouble. It's all a pretty delicate balance. The last one is most interesting, because some would think "what, we need troublemakers?" and I think the answer is yes. Without people making trouble we may not keep moving forward, or become complacent; after all necessity breeds invention...and most of the times we've run into a time where a new thing became needed was when one person, or several people created a problem...

Back to the topic, I've noticed most of the guys I know are Thinking rather than Feeling but this could just be societal stereotypes imprinting onto the men

Last edited:
No you're right, statisctically there are more F women and T men.

population.jpg

These kinds of surveys are probably not very accurate but the difference between T and F seems significant enough to be trusted I think.

edit : sorry I hadn't seen you mentioned social stereotypes. It could be part of that. But I'm pretty sure it's biological as well. Evolutionary. Humans have always had social roles after all... Hunter gatherer societies and such.

Last edited:
Back to the topic, I've noticed most of the guys I know are Thinking rather than Feeling but this could just be societal stereotypes imprinting onto the men

Feeling men often have to fake Tness to fit in with other men, some of them get quite good at it, others fake it so often they start to think that's actually what they're like.

I've noticed that too. Men masking their Fs with Ts more often than women would.

So then, do you think T women have to do the same thing the other way around?

edit : or because they're T they're not as sensitive as F men to other people's judgement?

Last edited:

edit : or because they're T they're not as sensitive as F men to other people's judgement?

Oh very interesting point, I think you'd have to ask a T woman, almost everyone likes to "fit in" once and a while though and that usually means being F for women and T for men.

I dunno...maybe. The T women I know seem pretty fine with being Ts and don't try to mask it. I guess guys would be more sensitive because the social stereotype for men is "Tough...GRRR...ROAR!" The TJ personality is considered the standard and ideal.

what a horrible standard :D

Not much hope for a FP then! :D

my best friend is the most F person I've ever met. Even more than me. More than any girl I know. He doesn't hide it and his empathy and sensitivity a quality tons of people admire in him.

Unfortunately social pressure has a stronger grip on most people. I guess that's what being part of a group is... :m080: