Gender and MBTI | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Gender and MBTI

It really doesn't matter at all - we just are different folks. The differences just add to the variety of who we are. But I wasn't asking to create a schism between the sexes; I was asking because I saw the diversity and wondered if others saw it, too. I *like* the diversity. The diversity doesn't make us less who we are, but it does add "flavor" to who we are.
I understand that. I don't mind being different, but the reason I dislike gender differences is more personal, I guess. I should have been more objective in this thread. It's just that I tend to be more "stereotypically female" than I am "stereotypically male." I think that may be why I like reading Slant's posts so much. She seems to be in a similar situation, except reversed. I feel limited when people say I have to act "like a boy." I just want to be me.

I understand that. I don't mind being different, but the reason I dislike gender differences is more personal, I guess. I should have been more objective in this thread. It's just that I tend to be more "stereotypically female" than I am "stereotypically male." I think that may be why I like reading Slant's posts so much. She seems to be in a similar situation, except reversed. I feel limited when people say I have to act "like a boy." I just want to be me.

And you absolutely should be! Yes, be yourself - we should all be ourselves without fear of someone's standards judging us. I think we're all on a bell curve. Some people will be more stereotypical than others and it's not that all stereotypes are bad, either (otherwise half the comedians who joke about their wives or husbands would be out of work). We just have to make sure we don't let those ideas define us, or cloud our judgments about who we are or who others are.

And you absolutely should be! Yes, be yourself - we should all be ourselves without fear of someone's standards judging us. I think we're all on a bell curve. Some people will be more stereotypical than others and it's not that all stereotypes are bad, either (otherwise half the comedians who joke about their wives or husbands would be out of work). We just have to make sure we don't let those ideas define us, or cloud our judgments about who we are or who others are.
Thanks. :) I know who I am, but it's difficult to show myself to others because it seems like they want me to be a stereotype that I'm not, and I'd rather not disappoint them. But now I'm getting off topic. I think I'll just make a blog here or something, since I've been posting more often.