''Gaydar''' | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

''Gaydar'''

I can tell a lot about people from my intuition alone but I have also learnt that intuition is not always truth...there are way too many exceptions to the rule for it to be always truth. Now I do acknowledge that strong gut feeling one sometimes gets (and can be so random) which for me is something I cannot explain but it is not the same as intuition. I have been out the closest since 15 and am now 35 so I am very comfortable in my gay skin and the gay community and let me tell you there are times when I am chatting to a seemingly heterosexual woman and the only idea I get she is gay is when she makes a pass at me and she only felt comfortable making a pass at me, she would later admit, because I had mentioned I had seen a hot woman yesterday for example. :noidea:

Yes, intuition is certainly not always truth, but it can be a good start. But like I said, I haven't met nearly as many gay women as I have men. Most of the time I don't pay attention and am not trying to discern anyone's sexuality. It's not really of interest to me. But my one roommate was always asking "do you think he's gay?" So I was forced to practice my "gaydar" lol.

But at least it's a nice surprise for you when someone makes a pass at you! haha.

Yes, intuition is certainly not always truth, but it can be a good start.
Yes, it definitely is a good start, I would be lost without my intuition.....I need it like I need air to breathe.
But at least it's a nice surprise for you when someone makes a pass at you! haha.
oh yes and such a nice surprise it is! :D

Do you believe in a ''Gaydar''. Can you usually more or less sense a person's sexual orientation? Do you look for certain characteristics and behaviors or is this rather based on pure intuition?.

For the gay members here, have you personally detected other gay peers through this sensation?
My gaydar has gone off around u :O

Wasn't paying attention to any of whatever you're talking about. All I saw were obvious secrets.
whatever you are smoking I want some! :cool:

My true gayness is inversely proportional to how badly you want me to be gay ;)

sorry :(

I knew you were gay. No need to apologise, I'm not a homophobe.

Strictly bullshit. Each culture invents such useless conventions, which last next to a few centuries, at best. The same kind of radar-insanity was used in the middle ages to speculate who is possessed by the devil.

Strictly bullshit. Each culture invents such useless conventions, which last next to a few centuries, at best. The same kind of radar-insanity was used in the middle ages to speculate who is possessed by the devil.

If being gay was something that was mystical that couldn't be proved then I'd agree. But it isn't, it's real, and is detectable in the same way that any personality trait is.

If you're trying to detect it by looking for the usual culture referances (males acting like queens and women acting butch) then it's pretty much bullshit. However these stereotypes have something to them, but you can't rely on it.

If being gay was something that was mystical that couldn't be proved then I'd agree. But it isn't, it's real, and is detectable in the same way that any personality trait is.

If you're trying to detect it by looking for the usual culture referances (males acting like queens and women acting butch) then it's pretty much bullshit. However these stereotypes have something to them, but you can't rely on it.
Having sexual attraction to the other or the same sex has nothing to do with how people act in daily life; it's cultural superstition. Of course, many people in our culture follow these artificial behavioral principles, which doesn't make them more valid.

Reactions: dark_angel
i never make assumptions because i have been wrong so many times! there are so many reasons why someone can project a given vibe at any time and i find it really confusing!

Reactions: dark_angel
Having sexual attraction to the other or the same sex has nothing to do with how people act in daily life; it's cultural superstition. Of course, many people in our culture follow these artificial behavioral principles, which doesn't make them more valid.

Can you tell if people are attracted to each other? If so, it's easy to spot someone who's gay.

That's pretty much all there is too it.

Can you tell if people are attracted to each other? If so, it's easy to spot someone who's gay.

That's pretty much all there is too it.
Ok seeing your photo I thought you were gay, atleast bi but then I realised you and dove have something going on sooooo...:noidea: Gaydar is never a sure thing...it is just an assumption we all make about many things every day and should not be taken for granted.

Last edited: