Game of Thrones (show) | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Game of Thrones (show)

Bran gave Arya the dagger under the same tree. She killed Little Finger with it. (It's the same dagger from when the assassin tried to kill Bran. Summer the direwolf attacked the assassin. And Yes, of course Bran's wolf was named SUMMER and the dagger ends the battle of winter.) Does that mean the Three Eyed Raven can see the future? Until last night canon was that he could see the past and the present, and could guess future outcomes based on that information, but could not see the future, at least not that far ahead.
Cool trivia, did not notice/link that. Bran could look through time as a whole itself (past/present/future, If I recall correctly from Hodor's story) and that's where the name "3 eyed raven" might come from, indeed.

[highlight
Where-are-the-White-Walkers-and-whats-taking-them-so-long-2.jpg

Bran could look through time as a whole itself (past/present/future, If I recall correctly from Hodor's story) and that's where the name "3 eyed raven" might come from, indeed.
That makes sense to me, especially because of the trio of eyes as you said, but does it mean "three directions" (past, present, future) or "third eye" (associated with mystical wisdom)? I was unclear about it last week so looked it up and "experts" said no, and now they are saying they don't know... but you're right that he did see certain visions of the future in earlier seasons. It's just unclear whether these are future facts or future possibilities.

That dagger showed up over and over in the series.

It's just unclear whether these are future facts or future possibilities.

If I recall correctly, the whole white walker event is something that is repeated every so many 10.000? years, so I think it's a combination of future facts, based on what has already happened, history repeating, main events happening again; and possibilities, dependable on whom is writing the history, the people. Although normally the Night King normally should've wiped out all of the seven kingdoms, so Bran has done a gamble, i guess.

@dragulagu - Have you read the books? If you have, you must have insight.
I usually read books (I'm not a big TV fan), but I missed this series.
I've noticed friends who read the books were not surprised by last night's episode.

Reactions: Daustus and Wyote
@dragulagu - Have you read the books? If you have, you must have insight.
I usually read books (I'm not a big TV fan), but I missed this series.
I've noticed friends who read the books were not surprised by last night's episode.
Nope, I have not read them. I'm more of a TV fan (should do some proper effort in reading novels again) :grin:. So can't help you on the insight I'm afraid.
Though I thought the series plot diverted from the books as of season 6? But if your friends are not surprised then it seems they haven't deviated that much book plot.

Thank god for the internets

I'm not sure what to feel/think about the fact that the show built up this supernatural existential threat as being The Only Battle the Matters for 8 seasons for that all to be over now and we are left with wino Cersei and uncle creep-fuck to be the main baddies. But I'm still gonna watch.

@Wyote

For the most part, it actually looks good lightened up.

I didn't mind the darkness most of the time. There was only one scene where I got confused about what was happening for a sec because it was too dark to see the scene well. I minded the poor strategy more.

@Wyote

For the most part, it actually looks good lightened up.

I didn't mind the darkness most of the time. There was only one scene where I got confused about what was happening for a sec because it was too dark to see the scene well. I minded the poor strategy more.

Pretty sure the book is gonna be better, though I am painfully stating the obvious here
Crypt dragon would have sealed the deal on the episode for me tbh

Reactions: Asa and dragulagu
Let's hide in the crypt with the dead people, even though our enemy can raise the dead.

Well, it was predictable that either Grey Worm or Missandei (or both) would bite it, but ugh. :sob:

Someone give Dany a copy of 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu. Also, someone tell her dragons breathe fire because this is the second time she endangered Drogon by forgetting that.
Secretly hoping more dragon eggs are found because I don't want there to be no more dragons. :sob:

Jon is being a flobberworm and still being romantic with his aunt. Bleh! Jon, stop being a flobberworm and stop being romantic with your aunt.

Never tell Sansa a secret. Bran knew Sansa couldn't keep a secret.

Why is Tyrion trying to appeal to Cersei's emotions? This is the second time he has used this poor strategy this season and it didn't work the first time. He's supposed to be smart. When facing someone who doesn't value emotions (or ethics) your strategy cannot be emotional (or ethical).

Why would Tyrion would tell Varys about Jon Snow if he wants Varys to remain loyal to Dany? Why would Varys hint at his strategies out loud?
I can think of reasons why, but it is dumb to chat about such things. This is going to end badly. – Well, of course it is because it is GOT! LOL!

Arya continues to be awesome. It was funny that she didn't have the Winterfell equivalent of a ticker tape parade, though. "Oh, that's just Arya. She's badass and saves the day, like allll the time! Let's eat!"
No, she won't settle down and get married. A girl has no husband.

Reactions: Wyote and Daustus
Dany you're losing it! You're going to crack and go crazy. You're not alone but if it you push everyone out you will be. Sansa is gonna end up on that god damn throne Jon. Stop running around believing other people love absolutely like you. Tyrion, the Cersei speech was touching but she's dead inside. She's all in to win the throne. She's gonna go down in a blaze of glory versus step down. I understand you dont get to see the mental development of your sister like we the viewers do but I'm expecting you to be a better judge of character.

Reactions: Wyote and Asa
I hate and love everything about this stupid fucking show.

I know so many people are shocked by the developments, but Dany going cray-cray was foreseeable..... but you always defend your favourites and Dany never was one of mine. My big heart break this episode was Jaime. It shouldn't have been, but I'm a sucker for a good redemption story. Unfortunately, the redemption story in thrones was Theon and he dead now. Jaime was... I dunno. Now I don't give a hoot about what happens to Jaime. Arya is probably gonna take his face and go kill Cersei now and I wouldn't at all be opposed to it, but I don't see her or the Hound surviving either.

Poor Brienne.

Poor Missandai. I was wrecked by Greyworm's reaction. Absolutely wrecked. I was really rooting for those two to make it, which of course meant, they weren't going to... but still. Ugh.

And Jon. Jon is just confused about everything.

(I feel him there)

Ugh.

Just...

giphy.gif

Bwahahahahaha!
Someone is in trouble.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.46.00 AM.png

I thought Jaime left Winterfell to go kill Cersei not fight beside her. Anyone else get that? She's hateful but he's also hateful enough to kill her. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.