Game of Thrones (show) | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Game of Thrones (show)

Nah, it was the shows' scenarists who created this scene, remember that they split from the actual story arc as of season 6 (because Martin was behind with writing the books), it's just the whole cinematic scene...with the arms...why? And yes, why the kid? It doesn't makes sense.
I like your perspective @dragulagu .

I viewed the last episode as a "welcome back to GoT." Here's everybody who's still alive and what's going on. I have a feeling the next episode will start with Jaime and drastically go off the rails by mid episode. I'm soo worried for Jon. The foreshadowing was severe last episode with him being the winner and it would be consistent with the theme of the series for him to actually not make it out. When Jon originally died I was not shocked but really sad.

Nah, it was the shows' scenarists who created this scene, remember that they split from the actual story arc as of season 6 (because Martin was behind with writing the books), it's just the whole cinematic scene...with the arms...why? And yes, why the kid? It doesn't makes sense.

I saw it as shock value alone. Scare us with white walkers inhuman brutality. "Remember the bad guys, they're very bad. And scary too!" I half expected to see an aerial shot of them breaching the wall and feasting on northern villages by the end of the episode.

I saw it as shock value alone. Scare us with white walkers inhuman brutality. "Remember the bad guys, they're very bad. And scary too!" I half expected to see an aerial shot of them breaching the wall and feasting on northern villages by the end of the episode.

Yeah but i just wondered about the symbolism behind it, why would they place those arms like that? it must have a meaning behind it. It was a confusing scene.

I thought about that too. I thought I remembered a Children of the Forest "Drawing" or rune/cave painting with it. I just googled it and found it. It's an existing symbol that has been seen before.
2019-04-17 12_14_18-children of the forest runes - Google Search.png

I think this season will finally prove that these guys really suck at directing and have been riding on the coattails of the genius of GRRM
The way it ends might be decent, but again it's just GRRM.

I will say that one screenwriter is a silver fox(David Benioff - googled it). Every time he comes on for an after the episode/behind the scenes moment I'm always like "you sir are man pretty" and it makes me think of what life is like for someone that handsome. I go to Jon Hamm's character on 30 Rock and then giggle.

giphy.gif

Yeah but i just wondered about the symbolism behind it, why would they place those arms like that? it must have a meaning behind it. It was a confusing scene.
I thought that too.

And for being creatures of the night, why have something that resembles the sun? It boggles my mind.

The spirals and creepy body part formations have been in the show since the first episode, though. It's how the show opens. It's actually one of the few things that D&D do consistently.

Warning: [Zoomed Out] Photos of Zombie Bodies Under the Cut

game-of-thrones-white-walker-symbol.png

sub-buzz-5274-1555310677-1.png

Jonathan is hilarious as is this series

Wait...what??

In the first episode, the dude that Ned Stark ultimately executes for deserting the Night Watch first stumbles upon the dead wildlings. The bodies are arranged in a strange symbol pattern. When he brings his buds to investigate, the bodies are gone... and then they're attacked.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Damn it, I miss my chance to do a 'You know nothing, Jon Snow.' back there!

@Wyote Those cheekbones!

I kinda assume the sun reference is them bringing in the long winter/snuffing out the children of the sun. Personal thought, havent read the books, please don't take as fact.

Reactions: flower and Wyote
There's a lot of blood magic going on in the show. You have the White Walkers and their Corpse Crop Circles, The Red Priests burning people as sacrifices, the witch that sacrifices Drogo's horse and Dany's unborn child to bring Drogo back to 'life,' and then Dany herself with bringing to life the dragons. When the Dragons are born, she creates a sigil out of Drogo's funeral pyre and sacrifices the Witch.

funeral-pyre-drogo-110.jpg

Which she then changes when she walks on through

QlyMUpn.jpg

Only death can pay for life and the like.