Game of Thrones (show) | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Game of Thrones (show)

... also...

How the hell did the wall get back up? Wasn't castle black entirely destroyed?

dean-what-gif.gif

Never have I been pissed at the ending of a damn show. Disappointed yes but this was the worst.

On one hand, I see what they were going for. They kind of did an inversio-rooney with Jaime and Jon, where we all thought it was Jaime who was going to kill Cersei when he discovered what she was, but then, whoopsie, we had Jon kill Dany and he was having an existential crisis because he was both in ~love~ and in ~duty~ with her... but.... like, I didn't believe he loved Danerys? The writing and the acting for these two was just really lackluster and (to me at least) it didn't feel like the epic love story that the narrative was trying to sell.

Personally, I teared up more at Tyrion finding Jaime and Cersei. This was more of a payoff.

But even still... that ending for Tyrion felt really.... unsatisfying, for some reason.

All of them.

As for Dany... I actually laughed when Drogon burned the iron throne and carried off her body. What the heck was that?

The last episode tied everything up in a neat little bow and seemed to cherry pick from fan theories. Very little was done to outrage fans – no more unexpected major deaths of beloved characters and nothing shocking occurred. The ending stayed true to the formulaic approach they were taking.

Bran was in my top three for the throne. I hoped someone besides Daenerys or Jon would win it, but I wasn't sure that would happen. Due to the choices the writers were making, I thought they could choose an easy ending with either tragedy (Daenerys wins after killing Jon) or a happy ending with the fan favorite (Jon wins after killing Daenerys). Bran was at the top of my list for "someone else wins". He was the three-eyed raven, but very little was going on with his character this season, so a "come from behind win" made sense for the character because they weren't utilizing him. I like Tyrion, Sansa, and Arya, too, but choosing another Lannister didn't make sense, Sansa was all about the North, and Arya wanted no part of being a ruler or a lady. I wouldn't have been surprised if anyone I mentioned in this paragraph won, though.

Jon's ending was boring. I hope he falls in love and has kids without the Unsullied finding out. Who would even know? He, Tormund, and the rest of the Free Folk just skipped off into the sunset. How did the Unsullied even find out Jon stabbed Daenerys, though? He could have said Drogon turned on her. Drogon flew off with the evidence.

Arya's ending was also boring, but I don't even know what else she was supposed to do. I was hoping she'd kill the Daenerys, but wasn't surprised at all the Jon killed her.

The funniest part was the reunion with Ghost and Jon. The writers knew how fans would react over Jon's goodbye to Ghost and set us up. Bwahahahahaha!
Ghost should have given Jon the cold shoulder. If you have a pet you know they sometimes do this when you come back from vacation, let alone send them to the North without a proper goodbye.

I agree that the most poignant scene was when Tyrion found his siblings.

Samwell Tarly presenting A Song of Ice and Fire by Archaester Ebrose was pure cheese. Yeah, it was a fan theory that Sam would write the book (but he did not), but come onnnnn! The cheap joke about leaving Tyrion out of the book made no sense. It was a near-third wall breaking moment and plug that read as, "Hey audience, if you want more go read the actual books now that the TV show is over."

Overall, I'm not disappointed. It was fine. It was a cushiony ending that didn't rock the boat. It seemed like the writers didn't know how else to end it.

I hope GRR Martin gives us a totally different ending. That would be hilarious.

The last episode tied everything up in a neat little bow and seemed to cherry pick from fan theories. Very little was done to outrage fans – no more unexpected major deaths of beloved characters and nothing shocking occurred. The ending stayed true to the formulaic approach they were taking.

Bran was in my top three for the throne. I hoped someone besides Daenerys or Jon would win it, but I wasn't sure that would happen. Due to the choices the writers were making, I thought they could choose an easy ending with either tragedy (Daenerys wins after killing Jon) or a happy ending with the fan favorite (Jon wins after killing Daenerys). Bran was at the top of my list for "someone else wins". He was the three-eyed raven, but very little was going on with his character this season, so a "come from behind win" made sense for the character because they weren't utilizing him. I like Tyrion, Sansa, and Arya, too, but choosing another Lannister didn't make sense, Sansa was all about the North, and Arya wanted no part of being a ruler or a lady. I wouldn't have been surprised if anyone I mentioned in this paragraph won, though.

Jon's ending was boring. I hope he falls in love and has kids without the Unsullied finding out. Who would even know? He, Tormund, and the rest of the Free Folk just skipped off into the sunset. How did the Unsullied even find out Jon stabbed Daenerys, though? He could have said Drogon turned on her. Drogon flew off with the evidence.

Arya's ending was also boring, but I don't even know what else she was supposed to do. I was hoping she'd kill the Daenerys, but wasn't surprised at all the Jon killed her.

The funniest part was the reunion with Ghost and Jon. The writers knew how fans would react over Jon's goodbye to Ghost and set us up. Bwahahahahaha!
Ghost should have given Jon the cold shoulder. If you have a pet you know they sometimes do this when you come back from vacation, let alone send them to the North without a proper goodbye.

I agree that the most poignant scene was when Tyrion found his siblings.

Samwell Tarly presenting A Song of Ice and Fire by Archaester Ebrose was pure cheese. Yeah, it was a fan theory that Sam would write the book (but he did not), but come onnnnn! The cheap joke about leaving Tyrion out of the book made no sense. It was a near-third wall breaking moment and plug that read as, "Hey audience, if you want more go read the actual books now that the TV show is over."

Overall, I'm not disappointed. It was fine. It was a cushiony ending that didn't rock the boat. It seemed like the writers didn't know how else to end it.

I hope GRR Martin gives us a totally different ending. That would be hilarious.
I said before maybe the point was that there is no meaning, but why the hell does Bran exist then? He's always saying, "You we're where you were needed to be." He accepts the throne by saying, "Why do you think I traveled all this way?" When Tyrion asked. So this evil bastard knew all along this would all happen, lol. They banished the true king. Maybe they are all evil bastards and did it intentionally. Not even his BFF Samwell defended Jon.

They did my love Jon wrong. He saved the realm from genocide and his own family repaid him by exiling him. Nobody defended him to the unsullied.. who helped destroy Kings Landing. It was all so weak. Is Bran going to report back to Greyworm Jon's whereabouts? If anything he should have gone and ruled the north if not the realm. (But I am glad he actually joined Tormund, Ghost and the wildlings so at least he will be free.) But nobody thought to suggest he take the throne? Not even an honorable mention from Sansa? who initially told Tyrion he would be a better ruler. There were a zillion lose ends nobody bothered to tie up.
I didn't even care when Tyrion found his siblings.... Dead under a few rocks that they could have survived had they stood five feet out of the way apparently.

Last edited:
@acd – Jon accepted his fate. Nobody wanted more war, and he always said he didn't want to be the king. They showed him leaving the wall, which hinted that he will do whatever he wants and he will live a life similar to that of the uncle he admired at the beginning of the series, Benjen. It was lame, and it was boring, but it would have been just as boring if he had won the throne because he was the obvious choice for a "good guy wins" ending.

Yes, it was weird that Jaime and Cersei could have moved over a few feet and lived. Haha. Plus, they looked like the falling 'tons' of stone barely scratched them. When I saw that I thought it was peculiar, but because my SO works in the industry I know a huge percentage of art directors are idiots, so I just thought, "Idiot art director... again." LOL! I still thought Tyrion's reaction was great. He betrayed a ruthless queen to save his family and knew he'd die for it. He sacrificed himself so the people of King's Landing and Jaime (plus Cersei) would live, and it was all for nothing.

I actually laughed when Drogon burned the iron throne and carried off her body. What the heck was that?
Drogon had more morale than anyone. Haha.

Drogon says, "If momma can't have it, no one can."

Also, I think it was symbolic for: none of this was worth it. Stop the fighting/killing.

Drogon lost his momma over that damn throne. I just think he had enough of the killing just like everyone else. "Fuck your guys' throne."

I have a lot of thoughts about it, really.

@acd – Jon accepted his fate. Nobody wanted more war, and he always said he didn't want to be the king. They showed him leaving the wall, which hinted that he will do whatever he wants and he will live a life similar to that of the uncle he admired at the beginning of the series, Benjen. It was lame, and it was boring, but it would have been just as boring if he had won the throne because he was the obvious choice for a "good guy wins" ending.

Yes, it was weird that Jaime and Cersei could have moved over a few feet and lived. Haha. Plus, they looked like the falling 'tons' of stone barely scratched them. When I saw that I thought it was peculiar, but because my SO works in the industry I know a huge percentage of art directors are idiots, so I just thought, "Idiot art director... again." LOL! I still thought Tyrion's reaction was great. He betrayed a ruthless queen to save his family and knew he'd die for it. He sacrificed himself so the people of King's Landing and Jaime (plus Cersei) would live, and it was all for nothing.
I know he never wanted to be king just like he never wanted to be Lord Commander or King in the North yet those things were thrust upon him by those around him and he accepted that. I think it's dumb that everyone was OK with him being exiled even if he did end up taking off with the wildlings anyway. I know they did it to appease the unsullied...who the next day got on a ship and left forever lol. Pointless.
Sansa said she hoped he could forgive her as if she and the rest were powerless to advocate for him. But she wanted to be Queen the North and knew with Jon around she had no claim.
They fought alongside him but then when it came down to doing the dirty work they just threw him under the bus. Tyrion said he was the only one who could stop Dany. So Jon ended her. Tyrion's suddenly in a position of power and he goes along with exiling Jon. It was just very bizarre to me. I thought it was senseless and tragic. There was a lit of build up for plots that just evaporated in the end. It's a great study in how people (an audience) respond to meaninglessness. That's about it.. There is talk that there will be spin offs but I'm not sure I could bother to watch.

Last edited:
I know he never wanted to be king just like he never wanted to be Lord Commander or King in the North yet those things were thrust upon him by those around him and he accepted that. I think it's dumb that everyone was OK with him being exiled even if he did end up taking off with the wildlings anyway. Sansa said she hoped he could forgive her as if she and the rest were powerless to advocate for him. They fought alongside him but then when it came down to doing the dirty work they just threw him under the bus. Tyrion said he was the only one who could stop Dany. He ended her. Tyrion's suddenly in a position of power and he goes along with exiling Jon. It was just very bizarre to me. I thought it was senseless and tragic. I guess everything was for nothing. There is talk that there will be spin offs but I'm not sure I could bother to watch.

Sidebump for the quick reply (and downloading/watching the new episode now)

Reactions: Asa and Wyote
There's a reason Bran has been my avi for a while and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

The show creators just suck at illustrating the story properly, there's really no other explanation because the events that took place this season were all very poignant ones and gave the entire story a lot of weight, but there are a lot of missing pieces. Tons really. Hopefully the books will fill in those gaps.

I love how it ended, just not the way it was executed.

King Frodo 4Lyfe bitches

There's a reason Bran has been my avi for a while and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

The show creators just suck at illustrating the story properly, there's really no other explanation because the events that took place this season were all very poignant ones and gave the entire story a lot of weight, but there are a lot of missing pieces. Tons really. Hopefully the books will fill in those gaps.

I love how it ended, just not the way it was executed.

King Frodo 4Lyfe bitches
tenor.gif

Lol.

I heard HBO offered more seasons or episodes with a huge budget but the writers wanted to wrap it up after season 8; 6 eps. I'm sure if they fleshed it all out over that time it would have been more satisfying.

Reactions: Wyote and sassafras
I'm caught between 'I don't care' and a dozen Bran conspiracies that are probably pointless.

Either way, it was a crappy ending to what began as a great story.

This is the perfect visual representation of what happened:

game-of-thrones-season-8-funny.jpeg

The shape and structure is there, sure, but good art is more than broad strokes.

tenor.gif

Lol.

I heard HBO offered 2 more seasons with a huge budget but the writers wanted to wrap it up after season 8; 6 eps. I'm sure if they fleshed it all out over that time it would have been more satisfying.

lol the hound is still my favorite I think

I'm caught between 'I don't care' and a dozen Bran conspiracies that are probably pointless.

Either way, it was a crappy ending to what began as a great story.

This is the perfect visual representation of what happened:

game-of-thrones-season-8-funny.jpeg

The shape and structure is there, sure, but good art is more than broad strokes.

Very accurate lol

Reactions: BritNi and acd