Game of Thrones (show) | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Game of Thrones (show)

whats so wonderful about this show? i rly wonder

When it premiered it was well written. It was a fantasy-based story for adults (not softened for an all-ages audience) with lots of nudity and bloodshed, complex plots, well-developed characters, etc. After the show crept beyond the GRRM novels the writing went downhill, but we had already invested in the series, so we stuck with it, plus there were still many good parts of the series despite this.

@acd – I know, and I agree that is was weak that his own family and allies did not advocate for him, but I still saw all the pieces falling into place when they sent him back to the North. Plus, Jon was resurrected to serve a purpose, which was to kill Daenerys so Bran could be king, just like Beric was resurrected to save Arya so she could kill the Night King. It seemed like Beric should have served a greater purpose, but he was only a necessary piece in the puzzle, as was Jon.
It would have been too obvious and simple if Jon had won. (This didn't rule out an ending where he did win for me because of the current writing, but it made it less likely.) It is was weak that nobody explained to the Unsullied that Jon was a Targaryen and the true heir and Daenerys had to go because she had slaughtered the innocent like a tyrant, but it was Jon's choice to keep that semi-secret and he probably would have been killed later anyway if it has gone this way. To the Unsullied a North even colder and more brutal than Winterfell probably seemed like hell.

The ending is not meaningless. The Three-eyed Raven is king. Out of all the players, he will be best able to rule peacefully because of the knowledge and sight he holds. Upon his death a new ruler will be elected, which "breaks the wheel" of bloodlines. Of course, this could eventually lead to corruption, but it was designed to bring peace. Now each family has a chance to sit on the throne (whatever new throne they make) and, in theory, rulers who have earned the role will be chosen instead of through bloodlines. Bloodlines caused Joffrey to rule, caused Gendry's life to be threatened, and cause Daenerys to believe she deserved the throne no matter the cost. What makes the ending less impactful is the writers' execution of the final episodes.

There's a reason Bran has been my avi for a while and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

The show creators just suck at illustrating the story properly, there's really no other explanation because the events that took place this season were all very poignant ones and gave the entire story a lot of weight, but there are a lot of missing pieces. Tons really. Hopefully the books will fill in those gaps.

I love how it ended, just not the way it was executed.

I agree.

When it premiered it was well written. It was a fantasy-based story for adults (not softened for an all-ages audience) with lots of nudity and bloodshed, complex plots, well-developed characters, etc. After the show crept beyond the GRRM novels the writing went downhill, but we had already invested in the series, so we stuck with it, plus there were still many good parts of the series despite this.

@acd – I know, and I agree that is was weak that his own family and allies did not advocate for him, but I still saw all the pieces falling into place when they sent him back to the North. Plus, Jon was resurrected to serve a purpose, which was to kill Daenerys so Bran could be king, just like Beric was resurrected to save Arya so she could kill the Night King. It seemed like Beric should have served a greater purpose, but he was only a necessary piece in the puzzle, as was Jon.
It would have been too obvious and simple if Jon had won. (This didn't rule out an ending where he did win for me because of the current writing, but it made it less likely.) It is was weak that nobody explained to the Unsullied that Jon was a Targaryen and the true heir and Daenerys had to go because she had slaughtered the innocent like a tyrant, but it was Jon's choice to keep that semi-secret and he probably would have been killed later anyway if it has gone this way. To the Unsullied a North even colder and more brutal than Winterfell probably seemed like hell.

The ending is not meaningless. The Three-eyed Raven is king. Out of all the players, he will be best able to rule peacefully because of the knowledge and sight he holds. Upon his death a new ruler will be elected, which "breaks the wheel" of bloodlines. Of course, this could eventually lead to corruption, but it was designed to bring peace. Now each family has a chance to sit on the throne (whatever new throne they make) and, in theory, rulers who have earned the role will be chosen instead of through bloodlines. Bloodlines caused Joffrey to rule, caused Gendry's life to be threatened, and cause Daenerys to believe she deserved the throne no matter the cost. What makes the ending less impactful is the writers' execution of the final episodes.

I agree.
I see how it fits I just think it's an unsatisfying ending as a whole. Bran sat there and let everyone else do all the work so he can sit the throne because he is the 3ER with all the memories. He allowed all of Kings Landing to be massacred for it. He's no different than Dany who also sacrificed all of KL because she would bestow her mercy on future generations. There is no hero. There's no moral. I don't think there really is a greater good achieved. It's just the game of thrones. Bran had supernatural powers and beat everyone. The wheel isn't really broken because it's still the feudal Lords and ladies deciding who rules the smallfolk just as they have always done through wars. I guess maybe the moral is that those in power will always sacrifice those they should be serving. Those in power serve themselves.Cersei, Dany and Bran all did it in their own ways.

Last edited:
@acd – I agree with you about Bran. I think Bran can only see possibilities for the future based on the decisions and actions people take, but he sat around doing nothing quite often. He was like a Three Eyed Potato. I assumed it was because his influence could lead to ruin. Maybe @Wyote has input about Bran's powers.

I wanted something better for Jon as well.
I also wanted better for Greyworm and Missandei, but I knew one of them was going to die.

@acd – I agree with you about Bran. I think Bran can only see possibilities for the future based on the decisions and actions people take, but he sat around doing nothing quite often. He was like a Three Eyed Potato. I assumed it was because his influence could lead to ruin. Maybe @Wyote has input about Bran's powers.

I also wanted better for Greyworm and Missandei, but I knew one of them was going to die.
My husband called on his break just to chat and said, "Why do you sound so glum?" I said, "Because I'm still thinking about GOT." And he was cracking up at that lol. But this was all 8+ years of invested time and emotional energy into a story. As much as I hate it, it was good enough to evoke a reaction at all.

30hukjn65dz21.jpg

xdqlhlae7az21.jpg

But basically, Westeros installed a surveillance state with Bran... who apparently orchestrated events to line up with his liking.

Where are the Westerosi tinfoil hat conspiracists now?

Bran is water
pablo-24.png

Reactions: Asa and BritNi
Frankly, I'm glad it's over.
That's all.

What's next guys?

I've heard that they're gonna make spinoffs.

Reactions: dragulagu
Bran is water

As someone who studies martial art, erm, no. Water takes active movement. All the elements do. The element just describes the role of movement.

Reactions: Wyote and acd
As someone who studies martial art, erm, no. Water takes active movement. All the elements do. The element just describes the role of movement.

Internet water

Reactions: Asa
And remember the best moments from it (and wait for the books).

I knew nothing - Jon Snow
Omgggg.
The face filter they put on him at 1:20 killed me.
Couldn't help but to lol.

Last edited: