Game of Thrones (show) | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

Game of Thrones (show)

I am angry about the fact that Jon and Tyrion both were wrong about Dany. They are usually never wrong about things, especially Tyrion. I am mad that he was blindly loyal to her and kept thinking she'd make the right choice. Ugh.

I called this. Ever since the first book she showed a strong desire for power that ultimately corrupts. She is blind to the fact she is no different that anyone else who desires to rule.

In the Game of Thrones, no one is a winner, which I think is the entire point of Martin's world. It is ugly, cruel, and not something to idealize or glorify. It is easy for us to look at it from the safety of our democratic society.

I called this. Ever since the first book she showed a strong desire for power that ultimately corrupts. She is blind to the fact she is no different that anyone else who desires to rule.
Yeah I sorta knew, but I hoped desperately it would be more of a happy ending where her and Jon rule together and that hope grew when we found out hes the true heir. But GOT specialty is killing everyone and leaving us heartbroken lol.

In the Game of Thrones, no one is a winner, which I think is the entire point of Martin's world. It is ugly, cruel, and not something to idealize or glorify. It is easy for us to look at it from the safety of our democratic society.
Haha thats sort of like what I just posted. I hadn't seen this.

The butthurt about Dany is so hilarious to me.
Did you not watch the entire show? Lmfao.
I think it has more to do with people hoping that a person will do the right thing in the end, when in reality people just tend to do what they have always done.
She has burned everything that ever stood in her way to the ground. She traveled across continents for her agenda, you think in the very end of everything she's gonna let one tiny little kingdom stand in her way? Lmfao. She only hesitated because of the innocent lives, but ultimately weighed the cost and made her decision by herself, again not really listening to advisers.
Plus it got very personal with the death of her best friend. All bets were off in a lot of ways.

I dunno, it made a lot of sense to me. I've liked mostly everything story wise, but the pacing is just utter garbage, way too fast. All of this stuff should have been over the course of a full season, or maybe even two. It just hasn't felt epic enough for what is supposed to be going down.

The butthurt about Dany is so hilarious to me.
Did you not watch the entire show? Lmfao.
I think it has more to do with people hoping that a person will do the right thing in the end, when in reality people just tend to do what they have always done.
She has burned everything that ever stood in her way to the ground. She traveled across continents for her agenda, you think in the very end of everything she's gonna let one tiny little kingdom stand in her way? Lmfao. She only hesitated because of the innocent lives, but ultimately weighed the cost and made her decision by herself, again not really listening to advisers.
Plus it got very personal with the death of her best friend. All bets were off in a lot of ways.

I dunno, it made a lot of sense to me. I've liked mostly everything story wise, but the pacing is just utter garbage, way too fast. All of this stuff should have been over the course of a full season, or maybe even two. It just hasn't felt epic enough for what is supposed to be going down.

But if I really had my way, Cleganebowl would be like three episodes heh

You're right about the hoping people will do the right thing in the end. That's what I meant lol.

I felt sorry for the Hound. I was rooting for him to at least kill the Mountain then die from the Mountain having stabbed him or something. At least he would have killed him. But nooo. Lol

3drose-mugs-mug-263762-1-c3_600.jpg
-bowling-hound-gina-femrite.jpg

Do you think Cersei's death in a way satisfies the Valanqar Prophesy? Since it was Tyrion who instructed Jaime on how to escape and then dumbass Jaime who brought her down into the basement of a crumbling castle!
LOL yeah it was fulfilled....

Reactions: BritNi and Ren
Reactions: BritNi and April
I think it's a hound with a "bowl"ing ball... it seems like a stretch.

Yeah I understood that part. Maybe that's all there is to it.
I'm just so used to the dog with bowl thing lol probably just thinking too much here.
da5q16m-e951ddf0-95d5-4f7a-861f-c85752180848.jpg

Yeah I understood that part. Maybe that's all there is to it.
I'm just so used to the dog with bowl thing lol probably just thinking too much here.
da5q16m-e951ddf0-95d5-4f7a-861f-c85752180848.jpg
:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Ren and Wyote
With most episodes in this season, the story of my reaction has been: "Wow, so good!" and then a few hours later: "Wait... It was okay, but I should have felt much more strongly about what happened, given where we are in the story." Basically a visual masterpiece with next to zero emotional impact, due to poor/nonsensical writing leaving characters in front of me that I thought I knew, but that I don't really feel like I know anymore. In hindsight, it really is a shame compared to what it could have been. This season should have been glorious.

This theme, though... fuck. :m033: I think I ever prefer it to Light of the Seven. I'll say it: masterpiece.

Last edited:
My reaction to the finale:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whoops, there were eight years of my life + five or so years prior with the books

Thirteen years in all.

I don't know how I feel.

Well that was a safe ending. Our characters made it out alive. Overall I'm okay with it. Feeling a little numb.

Well that was a safe ending. Our characters made it out alive. Overall I'm okay with it. Feeling a little numb.

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN KELLOGS RAVEN BRAN. WHERE DOES HE GO? WHAT DOES HE DO? WHAT IS HIS DEAL?

Is it just me, or did I sense some kind of collusion between him and Tyrion? What was that fireside convo they had before the long night? Because we did get the sense that Bran started manipulating things. 'You were exactly where you needed to be,' And I wonder... is that why everything suddenly went haywire at the end? Is that why so many of the character arcs turned on their head so swiftly?

Also...

No one knows whats west of westeros except the guy sitting next to you who can see everything