Game of Thrones (show) | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Game of Thrones (show)

I'm still rooting for Sansa and Arya, too.

I think Arya has a new name on her list.

@Wyote - Oh mannnn. The Mountain sucks.

I closed by eyes during the eyeballs part @dragulagu is posting about because hurt eyeballs freak me out.

Also, the recap after the episode when they said, "We just knew [the Hound] had to die by fire...."
Well, no shit. The whole city is on fire!

Who dies by fire?

images
:m187:

I was kinda thinking similar. But we had glimpses of it all throughout the seasons. She was just acting brutally to the bad guys.
How we cheered her in Meereen because she did it to the Masters in freeing the slaves. It's ok if it's the bad guys. But anyone willing and capable of burning alive and/or crucifying anyone, enemy or not is evil or unfit and capable of destroying the innocent.
She became what she claimed to want to overthrow. She's a tyrant.
Whoops! Forgot to add spoiler..
Yep. That's why idealism is a slippery slope. Think the Hitler reference to being an INFJ, that's why the jokes are so funny.

Anyone else wondering what we're gonna talk about on Monday's in 2 weeks?

Hahahaha!

Yes! Most other shows people talk about have binge-watch options.

I am cancelling our subscription to HBO after this and pretty happy about that.

Yep. That's why idealism is a slippery slope. Think the Hitler reference to being an INFJ, that's why the jokes are so funny.

GoT is something that me and my bro have watched for years; it's 'our thing':relaxed:. He's an ENFP (not that that has anything to do with it) and always loved Daenerys. I called her out from very early on, so chuffed to say hahaha. He hates me for it now because I keep rubbing it in. I could sense the selfishness and so on within her.

It's always been about Jon Snow for me, until this season where he became blinded by his limerence for her:sorrowful:

I'm currently watching The Sopranos for the first time after a dear friend recommended it to me; think it's the best show I've ever watched and I'm only on Season 4 yet:)

P.S. I think I'm in love with Dr Melfi.

P.S.S No Spoilers please:sweatsmile::smiley:

Reactions: acd
What if the point of GOT is that everything is pointless or meaningless??? Help defeat existential threat and save humanity only to commit genocide a few weeks later. Be hidden away as a secret bastard king only to never embrace and fulfill your destiny; because there is no destiny. Adopt a mythological creature who is your family's sigil only to set her free to save her and never see her again, even after you decide you are not no one. Develop supernatural near omniscient powers only to zone out and do basically nothing as the world seems to be coming to an end etc., Etc. Pretty nihilist!

Either that or just awful burned-out writers. Either way it's very interesting how upset we get are over it. (If Jon Snow doesn't take the throne I'm rioting.) We need meaning. We need to assign and create it. My mother had cancelled HBO two years ago and just signed up again to finish the season because she spent the better part of a decade watching these characters. She was pissed after she binged up to ep. 5 last night, lol. I was getting texts from her the better part of last night ranting about it.

Last edited:
What if the point of GOT is that everything is pointless or meaningless??? Help defeat existential threat and save humanity only to commit genocide a few weeks later. Be hidden away as a secret bastard king only to never embrace and fulfill your destiny; because there is no destiny. Adopt a mythological creature who is your family's sigil only to set her free to save her and never see her again, even after you decide you are not no one. Develop supernatural near omniscient powers only to zone out and do basically nothing as the world seems to be coming to an end etc., Etc. Pretty nihilist!

Either that or just awful burned-out writers. Either way it's very interesting how upset we get are over it. (If Jon Snow doesn't take the throne I'm rioting.) We need meaning. We need to assign and create it. My mother had cancelled HBO two years ago and just signed up again to finish the season because she spent the better part of a decade watching these characters. She was pissed after she binged up to ep. 5 last night, lol. I was getting texts from her the better part of last night ranting about it.

Nothing makes sense in it anymore; gone are the days of some of the deepest characterisation I've seen. Jon Snow has kept me watching it all these years, but he's acting completely out of character now. I think it's definitely just burned-out writers like you stated.

Sigh... I'm watching The Soranos for the first time ever though and on Season 4 atm; without a doubt the best show I've ever watched.

Reactions: acd

I think that's exactly what they were driving at. See: Tyrion's conversation with Jaime re: Orson Lannister and his beetles.

And I think as a premise, it is interesting, but even if the whole purpose of this tale was always meant to be the equivalent of a kid painstakingly building a model castle out of legos just to smash it months and months later, we're still being told a story that up to now had been nestled within a certain story structure. Suddenly breaking that structure, even if its meant as a commentary, understandably feels jarring... particularly because the pacing of the story was entirely out of step with everything that came before. That's something that's extremely difficult to defend and say it was purposely done this way.

Ohhh nooooooooo.

@acd @Jonah Caan - It is partially that the writing style has changed. The show writers are "plotters" and Martin is very famous for being a "pantser". Martin lets the characters develop and "make their own decisions", which is why they seem so real and why the story has so many twists, turns and knots. Writing for a TV show has to be structured and end-game oriented. The writers for the show need to have a plan and design the characters around that plan. The end result is that the story "feel" different and there is a big jump between the episodes based on the books (a plot that developed organically, characters that "jumped off the page") and the episodes that came after (structured, defined plot with characters that would be used like chess pieces to move toward an end goal). Plotters are more often admired and if you go to school for English Lit and creative writing, you will be forced to write in that style, but the style can feel "wooden" or mechanical. Pansters are just as good at writing, but more free-flowing. When they're good, they're really, really good. This is also why GRRM has so many surprises in his writing.
The good news is, the show writers have been working toward a goal and the show will likely wrap up nicely, even if it doesn't wrap up the way fans want it to.

GRRM had to make his series longer just to fit in everything that was happening because the characters wander off. This is also why it is taking him so long to finish the next book.

After much contemplation I have a very serious question.....wasn't Jon Snow raised from the dead by a witch? Can he die? ;)

Reactions: Asa and Jonah Caan
Ohhh nooooooooo.

@acd @Jonah Caan - It is partially that the writing style has changed. The show writers are "plotters" and Martin is very famous for being a "pantser". Martin lets the characters develop and "make their own decisions", which is why they seem so real and why the story has so many twists, turns and knots. Writing for a TV show has to be structured and end-game oriented. The writers for the show need to have a plan and design the characters around that plan. The end result is that the story "feel" different and there is a big jump between the episodes based on the books (a plot that developed organically, characters that "jumped off the page") and the episodes that came after (structured, defined plot with characters that would be used like chess pieces to move toward an end goal). Plotters are more often admired and if you go to school for English Lit and creative writing, you will be forced to write in that style, but the style can feel "wooden" or mechanical. Pansters are just as good at writing, but more free-flowing. When they're good, they're really, really good. This is also why GRRM has so many surprises in his writing.
The good news is, the show writers have been working toward a goal and the show will likely wrap up nicely, even if it doesn't wrap up the way fans want it to.

GRRM had to make his series longer just to fit in everything that was happening because the characters wander off. This is also why it is taking him so long to finish the next book.

I immediately wondered "Are Plotter typically J's and Pantser P's in MBTI?"

Reactions: Asa
After much contemplation I have a very serious question.....wasn't Jon Snow raised from the dead by a witch? Can he die? ;)

My understanding is that the lord of light brought him back. Other characters that have been revived have been in the series until they serve their purpose. I've been wondering if this is the case for Jon, and what's his purpose.