Would you date a smoker?

• No, never

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • I'm not sure, maybe, maybe not

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Yes, it's no problem

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
I voted no, never but so few things in my world are that black and white so I must explain what I mean.

If I met a guy, fell for him and then found out he was a smoker I wouldn’t end it for that reason however if I met a guy and found out he was a smoker then I don’t think I’d fall for him in the first place.

I used to smoke so maybe that’s hypocritical but I do not want to be in a relationship with a smoker, I find it a turn off, the smell, the health aspect, the self control aspect (if he was concerned about the health part but was unable to quit) and rather importantly for me, being around a smoker may lead to me having one and I really, really don’t want that.

Last edited:
I am still unsure. I have smoked through many years and have always had friends who smoke. I think it might be difficult to find someone who was not a smoker for my dating purposes. I would not date someone who was irresponsible with their cigarette butts. Most of my friends smoke natural cigarettes often organic. I think being responsible about your addiction as far as you can be says something about your character. Dental hygiene has a lot to do with it.

I used to smoke somewhat heavily, and I quit about a year ago.

Depending on the type of cigarette, the smell can get incredibly irritating (ranging from "smells kinda okay" to "is my hair on fire?"). If I could date someone who was a smoker, I couldn't tolerate it if they smoked in the house or car.

I'd try not to, though. When I kiss someone I don't want to taste cigarettes.

... lol... i'm glad i'm not dating...

mom was in my room last night (after barging in, of course), and she got to the point of needing an ashtray (ever wonder where i picked up smoking at such a tender age?)... she said, "i could have sworn you had an ashtray in here"... i said, "i did... but i haven't smoked in over a month."

she apologized and flicked her ashes out of the window...