Feeling depressed? You may not be alone. | INFJ Forum

Feeling depressed? You may not be alone.

They should just do it and get their genes out of the gene pool.
Natural selection for you.

Feeling depressed because of a movie.. Dayumn.

EDIT: I don't want people to commit suicide.
However, I wouldn't feel sorry if you were suicidal over a clich

Last edited by a moderator:
"I think what is happening is that they are focusing on fantasy, something that they can never attain, that place that doesn't exists, instead of looking at the fantasy in real life".

Is this the reason why psychologist-woman chosen her job? That she could look into other poeple fantasies in real life? :mpoke:

Meh, people have their reasons for getting depressed..I'm no one to judge..meh...

At first glance, it sounds totally ridiculous..
But I'm not surprised.. many people find industrialized life dissatisfying, their only means of escape is through fantasy movies and such.. and then back to the cold hard mechanical world they don't agree with and feel powerless to change....

There is a lot more root cause for people getting depressed than simply from the movie. Even I felt that to some extent.

It is amazing to me that this article has any credibility whatsoever. This must be what it means to "not see the big picture."

There is a lot more root cause for people getting depressed than simply from the movie. Even I felt that to some extent.

It is amazing to me that this article has any credibility whatsoever. This must be what it means to "not see the big picture."
Yes, after reading it and getting over the intial context in which this thread was posted.. I came to the same conclusion as you.

These people would have been depressed without ever seeing the movie (I speculate at least). They saw the movie, saw a world they could picture themselves in for a couple hours, were happy for those few hours, and then went back to being depressed when it was over because they were yearning for the unobtainable.

These same people would probably have been saying the same thing when Star Wars first came out, or Harry Potter, or anything of that nature.

I highly doubt that the movie 'caused' these people depression.

This is a day of reckoning for trolls everywhere, this is the biggest accomplishments made by trolls since 9000 penises on Oprah.

Trolls unite!

I don't find this funny at all. This people are going through hard times regardless if its the movie or not...we should not be making fun of this people!!, anyhow whatever the reason might be, depression sucks for anyone, heck I am struggling with it right now, so I am not fond of this.

Reactions: INFJesus
These people would have been depressed without ever seeing the movie (I speculate at least). They saw the movie, saw a world they could picture themselves in for a couple hours, were happy for those few hours, and then went back to being depressed when it was over because they were yearning for the unobtainable.

These same people would probably have been saying the same thing when Star Wars first came out, or Harry Potter, or anything of that nature.

I highly doubt that the movie 'caused' these people depression.

Star wars made me want to kick some ass!
Although I must admit, I felt sadness when I finished the last harry potter book.
Because it was the end and it would never continue.
But it lasted for half an hour, and I didn't have suicidal thoughts.
I was just thinking 'oh, maybe I shouldn't have read it this quick. Fuck.'

I really feel for these people; however, down the road, when they are feeling better, this experience could be a good thing. If they weren't before, at least they're now aware of something missing from their lives and can go about figuring it out. In retrospect, maybe it will lead some of them to turn their living experiences up a notch and that could be a great thing.

Compassion seems to be the current highest evolutionary stage of biological reactions.

I'm starting to suspect that James Cameron is the Anti-Christ. I have no reason or evidence, but I like postulating that everyone who annoys me is probably an agent of Satan.

When I was a surly teenager and saw Titanic there was a girl who was weeping so heavily that she had to be carried out, sobbing "Leo" hysterically. I rolled my eyes and said really loudly "What an idiot, some people make me ashamed to be a teenager. Her friends scowled at me. They ended up calling the paramedics because she worked herself into an asthma attack. I felt minorly bad, but seriously... it was Titanic, how did you think it was going to end?

Topic: People are strange and the world kind of sucks. Weirdness is bound to happen. It's a bit sad really.

Reactions: bamf
This sounded a little silly to me at first, but I thought about this a little bit....

I actually haven't seen the movie yet and chances are I may actually become depressed after watching it. I think of reality as generally depressing anyway. Matter of fact, I actually get pretty depressed at times. I feel alone, and just sick of reality in general. Sometimes I just wish that there was somewhere I could escape to where there aren't any problems.

We all wish that we could escape to some sort of utopia or paradise, a "perfect", peaceful world where you don't ever have to worry about anything. Then you turn on the news and see all the things that are wrong with the world. Swine Flu, Wars, global warming, the economic recession, and the thought that things may actually get worse in the coming years.

While being depressed over a movie doesn't particularly make sense to me, the thought that the only world you will ever live in could have been a much better place than it is, can be very sad. I can understand how spending a few hours seeing a beautiful utopia and then having to return to reality can make a person a little depressed.

Last edited: