Feeling depressed? You may not be alone. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Feeling depressed? You may not be alone.

I'm dig'in the idea of James Cameron as the antichrist!

I was one of those people who had a 'Titanic' experience :( It was such an inner thing I couldn't even begin to explain it. Something about the movie and the music throughout just absolutely trampled my heart and an explosion of feelings came pouring out. It was powerful and turned out to be a life altering experience. It triggered a grief and cleansing that you wouldn't believe.

I'm actually a little afraid to see Avatar. Maybe if I wear a tinfoil hat I'll be ok :)

COME ON!!! Are they going to blame depression on AVATAR?

Even the vatican completely rejected it and claimed that the movie flirts with the idea of replacing religion with worship of nature HAHAH!!!!

ITS SOME GOOD ART. Lets just leave it at that.

COME ON!!! Are they going to blame depression on AVATAR?

Even the vatican completely rejected it and claimed that the movie flirts with the idea of replacing religion with worship of nature HAHAH!!!!

ITS SOME GOOD ART. Lets just leave it at that.
It may seem superficial since it is only a movie.. but I think that the film reminded some people of their sadness and feelings of alienation from nature..

I think those feelings are built on reality, even if it takes a movie to create an outpouring of them..

Surely I can understand that, but if so they cannot mean to the point of psychiatric depression!

I can understand sadness. :(
Perhaps I simply got hung up on the word now :/ but it makes a big differece.. I think its a dangerous statement.. insinuating depression.

It's my theory that people are a great deal too apt to self-diagnose psychological disorders. Perhaps some people just can't experience a great deal of sadness without letting it be just that--sadness. It has to become a disorder because, 'dear god, why would anyone be unhappy here?'

Eh, what do I know..

Surely I can understand that, but if so they cannot mean to the point of psychiatric depression!

I can understand sadness. :(
Perhaps I simply got hung up on the word now :/ but it makes a big differece.. I think its a dangerous statement.. insinuating depression.

It certaily is possible, specially for people sensitive to this kinds of things, I for example get heavily affected by music, and often become depressed when I listen to a song of mines, of course this does not mean the song cause it but it build up, it reminds you of those negative feelings trap in your head to the point that you can't take it anymore and just explode!

Last edited:
I still doubt that this movie caused anyone depression. I have a feeling if any of the cases are legitimate, they already had underlying depression, and this movie was just a way to manifest it into foreground.

Reactions: Pristinegirl
This is kind of totally unrelated.. But, we do have entire films that are supposed to bring people to tears. They are called dramas. Why do you guys think that people want to cry in order to be entertained?

I still doubt that this movie caused anyone depression. I have a feeling if any of the cases are legitimate, they already had underlying depression, and this movie was just a way to manifest it into foreground.

Exactly. It was simply just a stimulus for it to take place, which tells us something about the direction the world is heading, I been feeling this sort of negativity lately, a lot, I think it's trying to tell us something is coming.

This is kind of totally unrelated.. But, we do have entire films that are supposed to bring people to tears. They are called dramas. Why do you guys think that people want to cry in order to be entertained?
Catharsis effect? Maybe crying has some psychological benefits or something...but I honestly don't know how/why it works that way.

Sometimes those (well written) dramas can just be damn exhausting.

Mmhmm. This article is a) basing its evidence on a self-selected group, without considering the possibility that 2) some of of individuals could be casually using the term "depression" to indicate general sadness, rather than its clinical definition. Although, even if they are using the term in the right context, the article still doesn't allow for the possibility of these individuals having a pre-existing mood disorder.

After all, depression is often linked with avoidance behaviours and escapism. As much as it pains me to say this aloud, it's certainly no accident that many online communities, especially those dealing with "escapist culture" ( most fandoms, fanfiction, etc.) have a high percentage of participants who self-identify as being clinically depressed. So it wouldn't be a far stretch to suggest that perhaps some of these Avatar fandom-forum members already had a propensity toward depression.

But you probably already figured that.

but its a good show all in all haha.
just watched it last night in 3d ;)

but I still dont get the depression thing. and If i had to +1 in this thread that would be too many

I kind of feel like my life is a lie ever since that movie came out........

why am I alive?!

There not getting depressed over the movie they are getting depressed over there shitty life.

Watching the movie made them realize that.

I mean this is like half of fandom these sorts. Except its usually not this explicit.
:m165:

Reactions: 1 person
There not getting depressed over the movie they are getting depressed over there shitty life.

Watching the movie made them realize that.

I mean this is like half of fandom these sorts. Except its usually not this explicit.
:m165:

Yeah that is true, imagine if you were a feces living in a toilet, then suddenly the old hag who made you remembers to flush.

Then imagine your stinky self being transported to the sewage system, and then out to a beautiful river. Sunlight hits your feces, stunning vegitation surrounds you and you experience the wonders of life.

Then you flow onto the river bank and enjoy the warm radiation of the sun. But as you melt on the hot sand, a junkie with the munchies spots you.

The junkie, thinking he has found a delicious piece of chocolate fudge, consume you in seconds, taking no prisoners.

As the day progresses the junkie starts to notice the unmistakable smell of shit from his mouth, and starts to feel a bit iffy in his digestive system. Suddenly he gets diarrhea, and runs towards a nearby cabin trying to find somewhere to leave his treasure and spots an outside toilet.

As the junkie tries not to spray the walls, you swirl down his intestines, growing in size, then you see the light. You swirl through his second entrance, gushing in every direction, as you land on a bed of old shit.

The junkie zips his pants and walks away, ready for new adventures and jail sentences.

But, you, you are stuck on top of a pile of shit for the rest of your existence, as the owners of the cabin are long gone. And every now and then you are reminded of the beautiful life outside as another junkie takes a dump in your face...

If that happened to you lucifer, wouldn't you feel like shit too?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
They should just do it and get their genes out of the gene pool.
Natural selection for you.

Feeling depressed because of a movie.. Dayumn.

EDIT: I don't want people to commit suicide.
However, I wouldn't feel sorry if you were suicidal over a clich