Favorite place to be for INFJs | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Favorite place to be for INFJs

What are your favorite places to spend time?

• Parks

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Libraries

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Book Stores

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Night Clubs

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 24 43.6%

• Total voters
My reading comprehension is shit otherwise I’d probably really enjoy reading. Unexplored nature is where it’s at for me
Here's to you for reviving the dead.

giphy.gif

Well, sort of. Hehe. Last post was in 2010. :tearsofjoy:

I love unexplored nature too. Hiking and finding a lookout, a grove or clearing, a babbling brook, etc. I have a fondness for the forest as well.

Favorite landscape?

Here's to you for reviving the dead.

giphy.gif

Well, sort of. Hehe. Last post was in 2010. :tearsofjoy:

I love unexplored nature too. Hiking and finding a lookout, a grove or clearing, a babbling brook, etc. I have a fondness for the forest as well.

Favorite landscape?

I love rainforests. Though there isn’t one close to Colorado though, lol

I wish i lived closer to natural things like large untouched forests... the closest places are overran with unapologetic human littering agents. in other words a lot of trash that no one's willing to pick up... (hell the most untouched natural park is a major dumping ground for those who murder someone... some bodies are yet to be found... plus there is the "Devil's Slide" and the "Devil's Staircase..."

at the base of Devil's Slide, there is a truck from the 70s with a tree growing out of where the engine used to be.

at the top of the "Devil's Slide", you can see for miles, plus the possibility of falling to your death if you accidently take a wrond turn about a fourth of the way down.

The only thing "Devil's Staircase" has going for it... is the unnerving sense of counting going up and down... different numbers... each and every time... (but one can lose track, count a step twice. very demystifying.)

But the best part of this entire park is the size... basically the road in you have a tree that literally says, "Hi" when you arrive at one of the many parking lots, (the specific one we went to was pretty interesting.) It had the vibe of when Frodo, Samwise, Mary, and Pippen hid beneath the tree from the Ringwraith. it was just like that!

I went here only once... as it is a long way to get there... and requires a vehicle... (it was the obly motivation of wanting to have a car of my own... really.)

However, the entire time, the park had that similar feeling... in which offers a bit of local urban legends. like an Albino Village deep within or the Spirits that guide you to your death at night... (even though it is a zero tolerance policy for being there past 10:00pm... unless given permission.)

But here lies the one experience that really tripped me out... I decided to separate from the group as i wanted to explore a few places. Turns out i start hearing them call for me... i didn't see them nor they see me... i heard them clear as day... they didn't hear me... it was very much like the intersteller type thing.

I decided to walk towards their voices. Moments later i seen them... "Hey." one of them jumped...

Apparently they searched the exact area i just came from... because they seen me go in... (which on the opposite side was a cliff, and the other two sides were a creek and a parking lot with no cars...)

It wasn't that big of an area... to top it off i was sitting atop of a fallen tree... admiring the beauty. (this was the point i wanted to have my own car...)

However, they did not see me, nor did i see them searching... i heard them though. It was like i went to the Black Lodge... or something.

The park is called Hummel Park. It has it's fair share of urban legends... but unexpectedly i only found that experience to be something close to my heart for reasons far greater than words can explain. (or would require a book worth of explainations, via connections which who i went with... and what happened to them all.)

But yeah, i like Mysterious Areas. If they are natural that is a plus.

Another location was in San Fran at about halfway in the Goldengate Park. Goldengate Park is really magical the more West you go... Never in my life have i experience dejavu to that extremity. Though i was high out of my mind... i remember four things...
1. Black tree.
2. two lions at the entrance, near the black tree.
3. the death boot. (which was a tree that had several faces kinda grown to make it seem they were all screaming; also in the shape of a large boot.)
4. A very noneuclydian revene. dependent on the angle from atop (near the death boot, it seemed to be deeper and with running water. walk near the path to go down and it looks like it fits.)

o and a fifth. looking 45degrees to the right with the point of looking being at the death boot... there is a very southern looking place you see in various sources where they're in a swampy location... yeah like that. i think that was a hallucination and probably number four too... because i took photos of the black tree, and the death boot... although, they were on a dated blackberry and couldn't save the photos.

The third place which is a lot closer, it was goven to my by the molester... there is a tree that looks as though it was struck by lightning and split in two, you can see it's roots. What's peculiar is i dubbed it the "Crone Tree", then a tree that reminded me of Lord of the Rings for some weird reason... a Mother tree... that looksjust like a mother looking north with a feeling of yearning... and a tree that i only seen once because that very night we had a wind storm and blew apart it's "leg"
This specific tree i dubbed the "Maiden Tree" as she looked as though she was stuck in the ground from the waist and her legs are popping out... in between the legs was a crevice; (which probably was the cause of it falling) it looked like that...

The next day i returned and found the Maiden Tree had split like how the Crown tree did... but not from lightning... i took it as a sign in hindsight.

:O oops i talked off your ears...
however all three locations were plagued by human made trash.

I generally enjoy going to local bookstores and perusing the shelves, like a lot of people here. However, small book stores are small in many ways and I often find them claustrophobic. I very much enjoy libraries too, but my vote goes to parks. I'd prefer to think outdoors than read indoors.

Being alone in my house. Forests. Empty, off-season beaches. Secluded nature of any kind. Smalls boats on the ocean that are only big enough for six friends. In a car with my SO, a close friend, or relative, and good music we both like. Taking care of animals. Wandering city streets when the world is asleep. Somewhere warm.

Social places: Live music in small clubs where the bands are so loud I don't have to keep talking. Museums. Huge bookstores and libraries... unless the workers are busybodies. Small restaurants where tables are private enough for good conversations. Galleries filled with friends so I can see everyone at once. Small performances where the extroverts get all the attention and never put audience members on the spot. Cool, independent shops with quiet workers and clearly labeled price tags.

I love rainforests. Though there isn’t one close to Colorado though, lol
I've never had the pleasure of traipsing through a rainforest, though I'm more inclined towards cooler climes (despite living in the south of the US- where humidity is a natural torture lol).
What do you enjoy about rainforests, specifically?

As for my favorite landscapes, typically mountain regions. I lived in the Andes, and have witnessed the Rockies as well. There is something about mountains that calls to my more adventurous nature, and the beauty of their majesty speaks profoundly to me. If surrounded by forest and pools of water, then all the more enticing. I long to live somewhere like that one day.

I've never had the pleasure of traipsing through a rainforest, though I'm more inclined towards cooler climes (despite living in the south of the US- where humidity is a natural torture lol).
What do you enjoy about rainforests, specifically?

As for my favorite landscapes, typically mountain regions. I lived in the Andes, and have witnessed the Rockies as well. There is something about mountains that calls to my more adventurous nature, and the beauty of their majesty speaks profoundly to me. If surrounded by forest and pools of water, then all the more enticing. I long to live somewhere like that one day.

Certainly the majesty of mountains is awe inspiring. What I try to do during the summer living in Colorado is to try to find some place new via a terrain map, usgs map, all different sorts of maps… maybe through brochures online… any resource that might guide me to a new place and I travel to it via motorcycle or my car and usually end up hiking to it and I just sit wherever it is taking in the views, the life all around me… which brings me to why I love rainforests. They are ALWAYS green, nothing there is dead. They are almost always massively biodiverse and the possibilities of seeing all different life forms are seemingly endless. For me it’s mainly that nothing there is dead. The whole rainforest is alive and thriving!

Certainly the majesty of mountains is awe inspiring. What I try to do during the summer living in Colorado is to try to find some place new via a terrain map, usgs map, all different sorts of maps… maybe through brochures online… any resource that might guide me to a new place and I travel to it via motorcycle or my car and usually end up hiking to it and I just sit wherever it is taking in the views, the life all around me… which brings me to why I love rainforests. They are ALWAYS green, nothing there is dead. They are almost always massively biodiverse and the possibilities of seeing all different life forms are seemingly endless. For me it’s mainly that nothing there is dead. The whole rainforest is alive and thriving!
I admire your reasoning. This is what I adore about Spring, despite allergies. haha.
Have you ever tried geocaching? I have dabbled in it a bit, and have found some very interesting places just navigating to the next 'treasure' spot. It can be fun to do when you want to explore, but you aren't exactly sure where to head. It's sort of a beacon to draw you to a place you may have never experienced otherwise. :)

I admire your reasoning. This is what I adore about Spring, despite allergies. haha.
Have you ever tried geocaching? I have dabbled in it a bit, and have found some very interesting places just navigating to the next 'treasure' spot. It can be fun to do when you want to explore, but you aren't exactly sure where to head. It's sort of a beacon to draw you to a place you may have never experienced otherwise. :)

Yeah that sounds like fun for when I can’t come up with ideas. Plus it’s like a group activity but you still get to be solo. Haha. I’m sorry you have bad allergies though. I feel like this year is the first year I’ve really taken a big appreciation for spring as far as how beautiful a time of year it is. I’ve lost my attraction to summer in Colorado at least as far as the lower elevations because that’s when things start to die, haha. I will say though summer in the mountains is awesome!

Reactions: ESC2367 and Anomaly
I wish i lived closer to natural things like large untouched forests... the closest places are overran with unapologetic human littering agents. in other words a lot of trash that no one's willing to pick up... (hell the most untouched natural park is a major dumping ground for those who murder someone... some bodies are yet to be found... plus there is the "Devil's Slide" and the "Devil's Staircase..."

at the base of Devil's Slide, there is a truck from the 70s with a tree growing out of where the engine used to be.

at the top of the "Devil's Slide", you can see for miles, plus the possibility of falling to your death if you accidently take a wrond turn about a fourth of the way down.

The only thing "Devil's Staircase" has going for it... is the unnerving sense of counting going up and down... different numbers... each and every time... (but one can lose track, count a step twice. very demystifying.)

But the best part of this entire park is the size... basically the road in you have a tree that literally says, "Hi" when you arrive at one of the many parking lots, (the specific one we went to was pretty interesting.) It had the vibe of when Frodo, Samwise, Mary, and Pippen hid beneath the tree from the Ringwraith. it was just like that!

I went here only once... as it is a long way to get there... and requires a vehicle... (it was the obly motivation of wanting to have a car of my own... really.)

However, the entire time, the park had that similar feeling... in which offers a bit of local urban legends. like an Albino Village deep within or the Spirits that guide you to your death at night... (even though it is a zero tolerance policy for being there past 10:00pm... unless given permission.)

But here lies the one experience that really tripped me out... I decided to separate from the group as i wanted to explore a few places. Turns out i start hearing them call for me... i didn't see them nor they see me... i heard them clear as day... they didn't hear me... it was very much like the intersteller type thing.

I decided to walk towards their voices. Moments later i seen them... "Hey." one of them jumped...

Apparently they searched the exact area i just came from... because they seen me go in... (which on the opposite side was a cliff, and the other two sides were a creek and a parking lot with no cars...)

It wasn't that big of an area... to top it off i was sitting atop of a fallen tree... admiring the beauty. (this was the point i wanted to have my own car...)

However, they did not see me, nor did i see them searching... i heard them though. It was like i went to the Black Lodge... or something.

The park is called Hummel Park. It has it's fair share of urban legends... but unexpectedly i only found that experience to be something close to my heart for reasons far greater than words can explain. (or would require a book worth of explainations, via connections which who i went with... and what happened to them all.)

But yeah, i like Mysterious Areas. If they are natural that is a plus.

Another location was in San Fran at about halfway in the Goldengate Park. Goldengate Park is really magical the more West you go... Never in my life have i experience dejavu to that extremity. Though i was high out of my mind... i remember four things...
1. Black tree.
2. two lions at the entrance, near the black tree.
3. the death boot. (which was a tree that had several faces kinda grown to make it seem they were all screaming; also in the shape of a large boot.)
4. A very noneuclydian revene. dependent on the angle from atop (near the death boot, it seemed to be deeper and with running water. walk near the path to go down and it looks like it fits.)

o and a fifth. looking 45degrees to the right with the point of looking being at the death boot... there is a very southern looking place you see in various sources where they're in a swampy location... yeah like that. i think that was a hallucination and probably number four too... because i took photos of the black tree, and the death boot... although, they were on a dated blackberry and couldn't save the photos.

The third place which is a lot closer, it was goven to my by the molester... there is a tree that looks as though it was struck by lightning and split in two, you can see it's roots. What's peculiar is i dubbed it the "Crone Tree", then a tree that reminded me of Lord of the Rings for some weird reason... a Mother tree... that looksjust like a mother looking north with a feeling of yearning... and a tree that i only seen once because that very night we had a wind storm and blew apart it's "leg"
This specific tree i dubbed the "Maiden Tree" as she looked as though she was stuck in the ground from the waist and her legs are popping out... in between the legs was a crevice; (which probably was the cause of it falling) it looked like that...

The next day i returned and found the Maiden Tree had split like how the Crown tree did... but not from lightning... i took it as a sign in hindsight.

:O oops i talked off your ears...
however all three locations were plagued by human made trash.

The sites you mentioned sound incredibly interesting. I noticed that each has the word 'tree' in it. Do you have a symbolic attachment to trees, by chance?
As for humans ruining nature in filth, yes, it's abhorrent. There are beaches which once were covered in interesting shells or rocks, that humans have pilfered to take as their own as well. Why couldn't they simply lift a shell from its bed in the sand, admire it, and then cast it for others to happen upon? I'll never know why we must claim what is not ours. Reminds me of a favorite song from my childhood, "The Earth is not a dead thing you can claim. For every rock and tree and creature..." I'm sure you can finish this if you grew up in the early 90s. haha.

Trees are highly significant for me; yes. they contain wisdom and are masters of longevity.

That song seems very familiar, But the early 90s are repressed... I rewatched Darkwing Duck... and only remember the fourth episode... the rest were all a blur...

i am gonna have to look it up... seems like Phil Collins... maybe Elton John...

i was close, knew it came from Disney. lol

Nature for sure. But I also have a thing for old cemeteries. And the older and more overgrown they are the better. There is something so comforting about them. And I love places where nature can be seen reclaiming its territory, or even just overcoming something.