Favorite place to be for INFJs | INFJ Forum

Favorite place to be for INFJs

What are your favorite places to spend time?

• Parks

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Libraries

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Book Stores

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Night Clubs

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 24 43.6%

• Total voters

LadyINFJ

Community Member
Mar 24, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Hey, I tried to figure out how to start a poll but I couldn't. I am new in forums stuff :m083:

I was wondering what are your favorite places you prefer to go and spend time at.
For me it is definitely Bookstores, Libraries and Parks. In bookstores and libraries I can spend hours just checking the books, thinking, reading. This can be quite boring for those around me since not many people really see the meaning of doing this :m080:
Parks are just ... well, green! I love green. This is a place I can just be by myself and think or read a book while enjoying the sunlight and the greenery around me.

What about you? Where do you spend most of your time and why?

Reactions: Wyote
I was wondering what are your favorite places you prefer to go and spend time at.
For me it is definitely Bookstores, Libraries and Parks. In bookstores and libraries I can spend hours just checking the books, thinking, reading. This can be quite boring for those around me since not many people really see the meaning of doing this :m080:
Parks are just ... well, green! I love green. This is a place I can just be by myself and think or read a book while enjoying the sunlight and the greenery around me.
What about you? Where do you spend most of your time and why?

Well, I'm an INTP so I'm not sure if I count in this, but I love all three of the places you listed. I love libraries and bookstores, and would probably spend an eternity in them if I didn't have anything I needed to get done. I like to peoplewatch at coffee shops and parks. I love being in nature so I have a couple of favorite beaches and nature reserves that I frequent. I'm also a big fan of museums and observatories and the like.

I really like the outdoors. When I lived in northern california I spent a lot of time running around in the forest. The solitude simply can't be beat imho.

Aside from that, I don't mind sitting in a comfortable place to people watch and converse, so long as it's got some atmosphere, like an old-town coffee shop.

Socal is all deserts and stripmalls, which is killin' me...

Thanks for the poll added and for your answers :) I hope more people share their preferences :mhula:

Socal is all deserts and stripmalls, which is killin' me...

Depends on where you go. What part of SoCal are you in? Maybe I could give some suggestions.

I like parks too, and libraries, but what I really enjoy is exploring forests and mountains and exotic faraway places; anything unvisited, like a distant scorched desert, or a crystal clear lake that extends for miles and miles. My imagination goes WILD in those kinds of environments, it's so much fun :)

Depends on where you go. What part of SoCal are you in? Maybe I could give some suggestions.

The dreaded inland empire. Armpit of armpits. :m142:

Parks, libraries, bookstores and coffee shops are common favorites for INFJs. I'll add botanical garden to that list, also in our capital city we have a fortress from 3rd century BC which has a park and a zoo nearby, so that's on my list too. I might come later to add some more. :D

Yep, I love being out in the nature but not far from the city. I am kinda city girl and I can't imagine myself being away from civilization for more than let's say 3 days :D I am far from attracted to city rush hours, noise and tons of people around but I feel more comfortable where things are happening just to watch and so on. When I need my time off and away, I just find a place within the city or just at home.

Yes! Botanical gardens! How could I forget them ...

Not to different from the other INFJ answers, but yeah places with books and cool outdoor settings like parks and woods. Not big on clubs or large gatherings of people, although I do enjoy a good sporting event once in a while.

Bookstores, Libraries and Parks.
Works for me!!! I admit I like the high places more than the beach, but since I live in north central Texas, either will do. I do like being home, too...this place is like a museum and all my interests have a place here.

I'm not an INFJ so I'm not going to vote.

But my most favorite out of the list is libraries,
night clubs are my least favorite.

I also like beaches, forests and museums.

Last edited:
Yes, Hotkebab, one vote here for museums :D Actually one vote for all the places where you learn new things :D

I wonder about something else, too. As it seems INFJs love books. Does it mean that they were among the most willing to study hard at school and later in university or college? :D At least I was always among the top scorers which cut off the number of my friends among classmates who thought I was just .. well, too smart to be their friend :m125:

It's funny because when I really think about this, I like the idea of being in the park except that it's a wide open space . . . I'd rather be in natural setting but in a smaller, enclosed space with complete quiet but somewhere where I can observe people and surroundings without being seen.

Lovin' the bookstores though.

I love bookstores a lot :). I would probably spend an entire day in one if given the opportunity. I also voted other, because I love to spend time in my room and at home. Except to go to visit bookstores, to go to school, to fulfill any of my obligations, or to go to eat " outside", I seldom leave the house.

On my own path, I feel the same about bookstores. This is where I can be found if not home or at work :D

First and foremost, from that list, I like libraries. Second would be a bookstore. I prefer libraries because the books are well-worn and the place is more private. You can't really go into a bookstore without being surrounded by flounces of pre-teen girls gushing their guts out in the Twilight section, trying to decide which unofficial biography of Taylor Lautner to buy based on how cute the photograph on the cover is or the occasional creepy guy who slowly but surely makes his way to a certain section of the magazine rack. Anyway, I get a really commercial feel from bookstores, and everything tends to be overpriced, so while I still love the atmosphere of being surrounded by so many books, it hardly compares to the library, where the collection is better and the feel is more homey, despite how many questionable stains you spot on both the carpeting and the cieling.

But really, if we're being honest, my favorite place is my bedroom, and I could literally lock myself in there for days and never grasp just how much time is passing. But I guess that wasn't really the question.

Reactions: rawr
LOL, under skies, ofc it is a possible answer ;) I understand your feeling about bookstores and I share it to some extent.

I find it slightly amazing that of 45 votes, not one has answered "nightclub"! :m075: