Favorite Approaches and Paradigms in Philosophy | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Favorite Approaches and Paradigms in Philosophy

Yea I thought you might say that. There's much more to this world than suffering.
From what I've read, popular antinatalists believe that there is an asymmetry between benefit and harm, the balance leaning towards the latter.

Therefore, it would be unethical to create life and always more harmful to come into existence than not.

My dear Wyote, it wouldn't continue, in the name of eliminating suffering.
I kinda like suffering
From what I've read, popular antinatalists believe that there is an asymmetry between benefit and harm, the balance leaning towards the latter.

Therefore, it would be unethical to create life and always more harmful to come into existence than not.
The good thing about certain contrarian positions like this is that they tend to confirm in us our core instincts.

Reactions: Wyote

Ah. Well I wholly disagree with that.

Well email Prof. Benetar yourself and tell him why you think he's wrong.

No joke, he'd probably answer you.

lol I don't give a shit about Prof. Benetar

Wyote, he's an academic philosopher in an obscure South African university. He probably gets really lonely awaiting the occasional visit from Trevor Noah.

I like Trevor, but I don't see how this is related to me giving a shit about a random academic philosopher

They're both from South Africa. I just wanted to utilize my Ni through bad humor.

Trevor's grandma is awesome tho, so thanks for that

Let's get back to work!

David Benatar has been in two popular discussions about his ideas with Sam Harris and with Jordan B. Peterson.

Here's an interview of his on a call-in show as well.

In my opinion, David Benatar made the best points for his philosophy throughout both discussions.

Nah. Still not into pessimism. Though it does have its merits.

I can 100% guarantee that should some tragedy befall Prof. Benetar, you're definitely going to get Justine Sacco'ed over this comment.

I don't give a shit about Justine Sacco either, whoever that is