ESTJ: the ideal of masculinity? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

ESTJ: the ideal of masculinity?

There is no offense meant in saying this, but could it be that you feel emasculated in the presence of an ESTJ female? If another man is more masculine than you, then it is acceptable, but not a female? I think a strong, independent man is valued and accepted by society, but for strong, independent women this is not usually the case.
I don't think that's the case, because I don't feel that way in the presence of a ESTP woman, for example, and a ESTP woman is far more strong and intimidating if she wants to be.
Its different...a ESTJ woman is the type of woman whom I don't understand and I don't find her presence attractive to me. Probably because they are a lot more mature then me...its just...very different.

I don't think that's the case, because I don't feel that way in the presence of a ESTP woman, for example, and a ESTP woman is far more strong and intimidating if she wants to be.
Its different...a ESTJ woman is the type of woman whom I don't understand and I don't find her presence attractive to me. Probably because they are a lot more mature then me...its just...very different.

So, an ESTJ female is not someone you would want as a friend, or to be around in general, or is it more that she is not attractive as a potential partner? Or both? I can understand either. It's interesting to me personally because my mom is an ESTJ and my dad is an INFJ... Let's just say their marriage wasn't his idea.

I personally dont know how... or why the majority of you go around trying to type people Finding out what I am honestly has been life changing. Though I dont care enough to type people all willy nilly or in other words...guess.

I do know what I dont like though:). I dont like people who have arrogance but little intelligence to 1) back it up and 2) have a mostly closed mind. Does that fit into a type? I think I see a lot of fool police detectives portrayed this way on tv. They dont correlate to real life though. They are like the redneck deep south types.

Just thinking outloud as I kill time.

Reactions: Nelah
I don't know about the masculinity thing, but ESTJs kick ass in my opinion.

I don't know about the masculinity thing, but ESTJs kick ass in my opinion.

yep, they do, until they meet a ESTP. Then your ESTJ will get a bit confused.
If he is a typical ESTP, with a cast iron self-control...the rest its just poetry. The ESTP will act with grace and charm under any pressure, with courage and boldness, and always with their non-chalant smile. Even a ESTJ will hesitate in the face of a ESTP.

The interesting thing about this is that ESTJs have that virtuos quality to them, they are people of "justice" and "duty" ...ESTPs don't have that...its just something about them that demands respect.

It's interesting to me personally because my mom is an ESTJ and my dad is an INFJ... Let's just say their marriage wasn't his idea.

You mean they have a nasty marriage?
its interesting, usualy ESTJs don't like the typical INFJ, and vice-versa.

So, an ESTJ female is not someone you would want as a friend, or to be around in general, or is it more that she is not attractive as a potential partner? Or both? I can understand either.
She just is not attractive as a potential partener, that's all. I have a girl of my age who is a ESTJ and I'm in good friendship with her.

yep, they do, until they meet a ESTP. Then your ESTJ will get a bit confused.
If he is a typical ESTP, with a cast iron self-control...the rest its just poetry. The ESTP will act with grace and charm under any pressure, with courage and boldness, and always with their non-chalant smile. Even a ESTJ will hesitate in the face of a ESTP.

Lololololol have you ever met an ESTP? ESTPs are party all day all night people, completely carefree.....
Grace and charm? They are usually all over the place, in their hyperactive but addictive constant adrenaline mania and crazy ideas of all sorts.

My dad is a very typical ESTP and this is an accurate portrait of him.

ESTP.jpg

Reactions: Pin
Lololololol have you ever met an ESTP? ESTPs are party all day all night people, completely carefree.....
Grace and charm? They are usually all over the place, in their hyperactive but addictive constant adrenaline mania and crazy ideas of all sorts.

My dad is a very typical ESTP and this is an accurate portrait of him.

ESTP.jpg

I have two ESTP brothers, so I can say I know them very well.
They are very carefree, that's true.

Their charm and grace is not like that of a flower...rather its a quiet and persistent strenght in them, especialy in a confrontation.
Their overall attitude is efforthless, with a smile...and that's grace under pressure.

I have two ESTP brothers, so I can say I know them very well.
They are very carefree, that's true.

Their charm and grace is not like that of a flower...rather its a quiet and persistent strenght in them, especialy in a confrontation.
Their overall attitude is efforthless, with a smile...and that's grace under pressure.

Lol my dad is 100% ESTP and he really doesn't remind me of a flower.... He does have persistent strength, like very often he dominates discussions and pretty much never stops talking and doesn't let anyone else utter a syllable that could actually interrupt his endless monologue (he's not aware that he completely disregards other people's opinions, it can be quite hilarious)...... and when he decides to execute some of his endless absurd ideas into reality, no one can stop him....no one.
He has charm indeed, but I wouldn't exactly call him graceful. He is quite tactless, in a rather hilarious way.

And yeah he's very effortless, like he always very effortlessly doesn't give a s*** about what other people think about him. Lol.

Last edited:
Lol my dad is 100% ESTP and he really doesn't remind me of a flower.... He does have persistent strength, like very often he dominates discussions and pretty much never stops talking and doesn't let anyone else utter a syllable that could actually interrupt his endless monologue (he's not aware that he completely disregards other people's opinions, it can be quite hilarious)...... and when he decides to execute some of his endless absurd ideas into reality, no one can stop him....no one.
He has charm indeed, but I wouldn't exactly call him graceful. He is quite tactless, in a rather hilarious way.

And yeah he's very effortless, like he always very effortlessly doesn't give a s*** about what other people think about him. Lol.
The mark of strenght is specific to ESTPs, not ESTJs. That does not mean ESTJs are not strong and like you said "they kick ass", but the natural born commanders, natural tacticians, with natural confidence and strenght are ESTPs.
A ESTP woman could command armies in fact...

This question lends itself to stereotypes and opinions but yes, I agree ESTJ represents the ideal masculinity.

Hmmm you know after looking more into this type, my ex-fiance would fit this category more than ESFP. He had that very authoritative and leadership manner about him, and quite extroverted---way too extroverted for my taste at times. He is a law enforcement officer and takes pride into bodybuilding, being outdoors, playing video games, etc etc. Hence why he and I got along so well was due to our love for nature and the gym, common ground for moral perspectives and integrity, helping others, etc etc.

Can be a little vain sometimes and unfortunately intellectually we sort of didn't match---not that my ex-partner wasn't smart at all, he was very smart (was a math major and very good at it) but didn't hold the same level of curiosity and thirst for knowledge and he didn't seem interested to talk in depth about certain concepts unfortunately...

Would I say that ESTJs are the prime example for masculinity? Eh not sure. I am pretty sure any male from any type are capable of being quite masculine.

lol
81lxx3ffuEL._SY355_.png

Reactions: Wyote
Reactions: Wyote