88chaz88

Back for a limited time only
Retired Staff
Mar 17, 2010
MBTI
????
Enneagram
9w1
Post your thoughts on them. How do INFJs view ENTPs?

Positives?

Negatives?

Other type threads coming up.

:m2:

Completely eccentric, no awareness of the outside world and can't look after themselves, but they are also fantastically intuitive about people systems, deep thinkers and razor sharp in their analysis. In short, utterly bonkers and utterly brilliant. ENTPs are the INFJ glove turned inside out. A conversation with an ENTP can go on for hours and hours, dialogue as the constant retilting of a see-saw ....

Reactions: Kgal
Well, from the couple of ENTPs I know.... totally awesome. Fun, pretty weird, but ultimately... love them! :)

I am good friends with one, but her E is on the low side and over all she is pretty calm collected and focused. At the same time though she is an Ne dom without a doubt. It's her collected nature though that allows me to get along with her so well.

The vast majority of ENTP's that I know though are too all over the place for me to deal with and I simply can't pin them down for long enough to be able to get close to them. They generally irratate me, but not always.

Positives:

Much better than ENTJs :) Fun, interesting, always full of good ideas. Honest and straightforward. I learn a lot from them when interacting. If I ever met ENTP woman it would be a promising encounter.

Negatives:

Too scattered, can easily become obsessed with unimportant stuff, unreliable. Lacks the ability to push things forward and finish them - therefore even if they have good ideas they rarely profit from them.

As far as generalization go; Smart, fun to talk with, active, at least when you're interested at them or vice versa.

However, if there's a type I have to put 'biggest ego' there, it's them. EXTJ have a very big ego but they don't prone on demanding that to be seen. ENTPs, with their randomness, smartness, and ability to be very interesting --artificial or genuine-- seems to scream a certain degree of bragging; childish ego demanding. "Look, I'm COOL!"

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I suspect the brother of my friend is an Entp, when he walks through the room to go to another room while Im there he is always throwing some joke at us, its the N type of humor more so I guess he really might be an Entp. They seem to be witty though I have no experience with them. Would be really interesting though.

Last edited:
I thought this guy i was totally into was an Entp turned out he was an ESTJ.. because i told him to take the test.. so idk..

Ahem.

ENTPs are Awesome incarnate.
That is all.

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was once an ENTP...

Those days are gone and now I stand here remembering those blissful days of being extroverted.
When you could get out of bed and greet the world as if nothing was wrong, with a spring in your stride and thinking of the line 'haters are gonna hate'.
Now I shut myself off from the world within the darkness of my room. I'm not sure why things changed, but I sure miss the old me.

Hehe :D love this thread :m027:

(Love INFJs too, you guys kick ass)

Those days are gone and now I stand here remembering those blissful days of being extroverted.
When you could get out of bed and greet the world as if nothing was wrong, with a spring in your stride and thinking of the line 'haters are gonna hate'.
Now I shut myself off from the world within the darkness of my room. I'm not sure why things changed, but I sure miss the old me.

Sounds a bit like you have depression?

I'm pretty sure my new boyfriend is an ENTP. I made him read about the cognitive functions, and he identified most with Ne and Ti. He's sensitive and intuitive without being overly emotional or dramatic. He understands where most people are coming from and doesn't criticize or berate them for their weaknesses unless they're being really rude or ignorant. I've never been treated this well by a guy before. I hope it stays this way.

Hehe :D love this thread :m027:

(Love INFJs too, you guys kick ass)
But not literally! D': We might hurt someone!

:)D)

[MENTION=1815]Matariki[/MENTION] Yeah, you should talk to my friend. She has the same problem, 5 years running. Sometimes you just have to let the past go and reinvent yourself, but it's easier said than done.

I don't know how INFJs view ENTPs in general, but I think that the ones I know view me as an enigma. I'm closed off and have been for a long time.

I'm pretty sure my new boyfriend is an ENTP. I made him read about the cognitive functions, and he identified most with Ne and Ti. He's sensitive and intuitive without being overly emotional or dramatic. He understands where most people are coming from and doesn't criticize or berate them for their weaknesses unless they're being really rude or ignorant. I've never been treated this well by a guy before. I hope it stays this way.
That sounds more like a mature INTP than an ENTP to me. The childish tertiary Fe of ENTPs often makes them narcissistic, oversensitive to how groups (rather than just a special few individuals) see them, and creates a need to behave dramatically so as to get attention. They often see their role as entertaining others more than understanding them. The aspirational Fe of an INTP is said to be childlike instead of childish, and once reasonably mature we value it highly and work hard to overcome our natural weaknesses. Fe is a much more comfortable to an ENTP, but INTPs are much more careful in its use. INTPs are harder to offend, and more likely to fear offending others. We may never be great at following the mores of a group and may always despise groups and group identities in general, but aspirational Fe allows for deep compassion for all individuals as well as devotion to those dear to us.

Last edited:
That sounds more like a mature INTP than an ENTP to me. The childish tertiary Fe of ENTPs often makes them narcissistic, oversensitive to how groups (rather than just a special few individuals) see them, and creates a need to behave dramatically so as to get attention. They often see their role as entertaining others more than understanding them. The aspirational Fe of an INTP is said to be childlike instead of childish, and once reasonably mature we value it highly and work hard to overcome our natural weaknesses. Fe is a much more comfortable to an ENTP, but INTPs are much more careful in its use. INTPs are harder to offend, and more likely to fear offending others. We may never be great at following the mores of a group and may always despise groups and group identities in general, but aspirational Fe allows for deep compassion for all individuals as well as devotion to those dear to us.

Hhmm I don't know. He becomes more reserved around me, but I'm pretty sure he is an extrovert. There is an entertainer/performer aspect to his personality that comes out around large groups of people. He loves acting in plays and has done a lot of improve comedy. Oh yeah and he loves karaoke too. He sort of reminds me of the actor Sean Patrick Flanery, who I'm pretty sure is an ENTP.

@Matariki

Smoke pot...smoke tons and tons of pot. Alternatively, if you've smoked a lot of pot, quit smoking pot...lol.

Also also, look into nutritional deficiencies, and gastrointestinal problems.

I was huge ENTP growing up, terribly depressed INTP, and popped back out of my shell again a year ago, super ENTP now :D

Just remember that, ultimately, the world is what we make of it: both personally, subjectively, and collectively, intersubjectively... so make it a good one, and fkkkkk everyone else, or at least try to!! lol